PDA

View Full Version : 6 on the Break!

Head Hunter
12-03-2003, 12:38 PM
I was practicing before league last week and made six balls on the break. Even more amazing was that a ball fell in each pocket. First time I have ever seen that before and may never see it again.

I know I have only seen six go on the break twice before and once the guy was hooked and had to roll out.

Anyone else here ever have the luck to make six before? I know I was surprised.

Rod
12-03-2003, 12:54 PM
I made 6 in a ring game and was hooked by the 8 on the 5 ball. It was a $1 and $2 game. Most times I've heard of 6 going the person had no, or a poor shot.

Rod

cycopath
12-03-2003, 01:26 PM
A buddy and I were playing 8ball on his home table one evening and he made 6 balls on the break. If that's not strange enough, it was 3 solids and 3 stripes. I forget who won the game. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rod
12-03-2003, 01:46 PM
I thought he was talking about 9 ball but your post reminds me of making 6 breaking 8 ball. I had an easy rail first shot to break up a cluster afterwards. The 8 was there but I couldn't see it going in anywhere. Wouldn't you know it, I made my ball and BAM cleared a path for the 8. Out of order though. 2 shots 8 balls = I lost, bummer. ha ha ha

Head Hunter
12-03-2003, 02:41 PM
I made the six playing 9 ball. Made six playing 8 ball alot. And I did get out. Just stop, stop, stop. If I could do it everytime i would be on tour /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pelican
12-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Keyrist - I'm tickled if I make one and don't scratch /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

UWPoolGod
12-03-2003, 03:53 PM
I made 4 stripes and 2 solids before, and had to take solids for the out. Got out and my opponent sais "At least I only had 3 left on the table"

Ralph S.
12-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Yes, I have made six on the break before. Have also put down 4 consecutive nines on the snap.

Barbara
12-03-2003, 07:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> Yes, I have made six on the break before. Have also put down 4 consecutive nines on the snap. <hr /></blockquote>

And I'd bet you'd like to know how a 9-on-the-snap break happens, too!

And you would of you had Joe Tucker's "Secrets Of Racking"!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Barbara~~~teasing Ralph at a safe distance.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
12-03-2003, 07:57 PM
AHHHH Barbara my dear.... Yes I know. Ask Scott how much time he spent working with me on my break! He will tell you none. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just so you do know Barbara, I am not the one who racked the balls. This actually happened in a local tourney. I also lost the set 5-4. The guy put a 5 pack on me after I blew a safety. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

cycopath
12-04-2003, 12:57 PM
Wow, four 9balls on the break in a row and then your opponent strings together 5 games.

Sounds more like US Open material, rather than local tourny.

Where's your local tournament held, Cardiff Wales once a year?

Chicago9Ball
12-04-2003, 01:04 PM
I made 6 in 9 ball once, one was the cue ball.
Oh Well...

PoolFool
12-04-2003, 04:44 PM
About 6 months ago I made 7 on an 8 ball break during league play. Two weeks later my brother-in-law made 7 on the break including the 8 ball. Also during league play.

PoolFool

wevoca
12-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Post deleted by ccb_admin_2

Ralph S.
12-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Cycopath, I am a longgggg way from being U.S.Open material. This just happened to be one of those rare times where a player gets in the so-called zone. Virtually every pool player has acheivements they are most proud of. This one just happens to be mine and yes, it is true.

I highly doubt I will ever see anything like that again soon. Hell, you could call it a fluke if you want to, but strange things do happen and none of us knows when they will happen.

Scott Van Dyke
12-05-2003, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Virtually every pool player has acheivements they are most proud of. <hr /></blockquote>

I once made two eight-ball breaks in a row at $5 a game. I got beat the third game, and asked for my $5. The dickhead pats his chest and says: "come take it from me."

I knocked the side of his melon in with a cue ball and took it.

Tool.

Fasteddy7
12-05-2003, 06:31 PM
If you make seven solids or seven stripes on the break, do you shoot the eight? Never seen it happen but i think you would loose if you shot the eight in. I believe you must LEGALLY pocket a ball before solids or stripes is determined. (BCA rules of course)

UTAddb
12-05-2003, 06:53 PM
what's illegal about making balls on the break?

SPetty
12-05-2003, 08:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr>Virtually every pool player has achievements they are most proud of. <hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Van Dyke:</font><hr>I knocked the side of his melon in with a cue ball and took it.<hr /></blockquote>Your proudest moment as a pool player is when you assaulted another player by hitting them in the head with a cue ball and taking $5?

Somehow that doesn't make me feel so proud to be a fellow pool player...

Voodoo Daddy
12-05-2003, 08:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wevoca:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Head Hunter:</font><hr> I was practicing before league last week and made six balls on the break. Even more amazing was that a ball fell in each pocket. First time I have ever seen that before and may never see it again.

Hi well actually 6 on the break at 9 ball is sort of rare but many people have done it. Most top pro's have. I have done it three times. I used to make 5 on the snap 5 times a day. My record of 8 on the snap has now been a world record that has stood untied for 43 years. 6 on the break is a fantastic accomplishment. I never made 7 on the snap at 9 ball, but did make 8. 6 seems to be the maximum the table will allow. I have 7 on the snap on 8 ball and thats on the tape I sell. I also make 8 on the snap at 8 ball which has also held as a record for 43 years as well. No trying to brag, just want you to know there is a record here and I do hold it.
I am off to the Far East and won't be back until after New Years, may I wish you all Merry Xmas and my best wishes in advance please.

May God bless and peace be with you. May the wind be always on your back and
all 9 balls fall. VENI VIDI VICI, OMNIA VINCIT AMOR. Latin for “I came, I saw, I conquered, love conquerors all.
“Fast Larry” Guninger

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

UGH...not this guy again?

JimS
12-05-2003, 09:20 PM
That's what you get for not staying around. Eveything starts going to pieces. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barbara
12-06-2003, 10:06 AM
FastEddy7,

You are correct. By BCA rules the 8-ball must be your next legal object ball in order to pocket it to win the game. And it becomes your legal object ball when you have pocketed all the balls of your pattern. After the break, the table is open. Regardless of what balls were pocketed on the break, you have not established a pattern until you legally pocket your first object ball.

So congrats to have pocketed all the stripes on the break. Now you have to pocket all the solids and then the 8-ball to win the game.

However, if you miss the first solid you're shooting at, your opponent now has to establish solids as his group and then pocket them to get to the 8-ball. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

See? Knowing the rules can give you an advantage in strategy.

Barbara~~~am I a Pooh Bah yet?