PDA

View Full Version : Follow stroke, level cue or slightly pointing up?

Cueless Joey
12-04-2003, 12:17 AM
I experimented on my follow stroke today.
I have a problem doing them. I tend to put a little masse' on the ball. So I tried point the cue a little up.
Voila! No masse'! I know a level cue is not supposed to put some masse' on the ball but somehow I do. I might be hitting the ball downward a little.
OK, opinions! And take it easy, no pizzing contest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
12-04-2003, 12:34 AM
I always thought that just a little upward motion was needed to make the follow shots. I don't know if its mental or not, but I do know it has always made me more confident on making those long shots.

On short shots, when I want the cue ball to travel down table, this is where I usually use the upward motion more.

wevoca
12-04-2003, 12:57 AM
Post deleted by ccb_admin_2

Scott Lee
12-04-2003, 05:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wevoca:</font><hr> let great one return to pontificate to bozos. Many bozos miss great one /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Larry...You just WON'T learn, will you? Oh well, I tried! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Scott Lee

Chris Cass
12-04-2003, 06:03 AM
Hi Joey,

I wish I knew the name of this practice ball I seen the other day. You'd be surprized. A lot of people actually don't hit ctr ball are think they are. That could be a good reason too. It might be that your not hitting where you think you are? Anyway, nothing wrong with it. Using an upward motion to apply hi ball is ok. Just a little tricky if your tip doesn't bite well. IMO

Regards,

C.C.

bluewolf
12-04-2003, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I experimented on my follow stroke today.
I have a problem doing them. I tend to put a little masse' on the ball. So I tried point the cue a little up.
Voila! No masse'! I know a level cue is not supposed to put some masse' on the ball but somehow I do. I might be hitting the ball downward a little.
OK, opinions! And take it easy, no pizzing contest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Doesn't masse' involve side spin/english? On center and top, I have been trying to keep my tip level on the follow. Is this right or is the tip supposed to point up when using top?

Laura

pooltchr
12-04-2003, 06:55 AM
Laura,
Remember A=E ????

randyg
12-04-2003, 10:06 AM
Thanks Steve. SPF....randyg

JimS
12-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Chris,

What made "this" practice ball different or better than others? You know how I am...I'll buy it for sure if it even looks like it'll make me a champion! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris Cass
12-05-2003, 04:06 AM
Hi Jim,

It's hard for me to describe but when I get the name I'll give it up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

C.C.

bluewolf
12-05-2003, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Laura,
Remember A=E ???? <hr /></blockquote>

I just do not see how a masse could occur without sidespin and striking down and I know that some people unintentionally do not hit dead center when they think that they are.

I also do not understand the tip up concept.

Laura

Alfie
12-05-2003, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Remember A=E ???? <hr /></blockquote>What does this mean?

Rod
12-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Joey,

If in fact your getting a little masse effect, you would have to be cueing down on the c/b, with side english of course. It will never happen with a cue held near level or slightly elevated.

I've told people to feel like they are shooting up at the c/b by lowering the butt end for a good follow stroke. Many people hold the butt so high that they feel like they are shooting up with high when in fact the cue is still slightly elevated. As far as the follow through, if it stays level it just means your upper arm went through. If thats after impact then I wouldn't sweat what happens naturally.

Rod

SPetty
12-05-2003, 07:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>Remember A=E ???? <hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> Thanks Steve. SPF...<hr /></blockquote>C'mon guys - if it's so supersecret that you can't even "say" it in real words and have to talk in code, why even post it to a public board? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PQQLK9
12-05-2003, 07:53 PM
quote]C'mon guys - if it's so supersecret that you can't even "say" it in real words and have to talk in code, why even post it to a public board? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Inquisitive minds want to know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

randyg
12-05-2003, 08:46 PM
POSTERS: A=E (Air=Error) Anytime your cuetip finishes up in the air, you just made a cueing error!...randyg

SPetty
12-05-2003, 08:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> A=E (Air=Error)<hr /></blockquote>Thanks, randyg.

SPF=Simple Pool Fundamentals?

SPetty~~~I miss seeing you...

PQQLK9
12-05-2003, 09:01 PM
Thanks Randy, now I can sleep. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JimS
12-05-2003, 09:18 PM
SPF? I'm thinkin Set Pause Finish/Freeze

Wally_in_Cincy
12-06-2003, 10:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>Remember A=E ???? <hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> Thanks Steve. SPF...<hr /></blockquote>C'mon guys - if it's so supersecret that you can't even "say" it in real words and have to talk in code, why even post it to a public board? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You obviously have misplaced your CCB secret decoder ring. You did get one.....didn't you?