PDA

View Full Version : Rockerfeller tree lighting!

CarolNYC
12-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Went to Rockerfeller center last night and saw the tree lit up for the first time-I've seen it lit, but never on the first night-it was absolutely beautiful-and my daughter HAD to see kelly Clarkson-if there is anything I would suggest someone to see in NY, it would be this tree lighting-I was given a little special treatment because all family members of FDNY and NYPD were held in a certain section directly across from the tree, so Naz,you come to mind, if you wanna bring your son next year,let me know!Rich&Cathy?YES?
Have a nice holiday everyone!
Carol~took pictures but have to hook up scanner-what a pain in the a$$!:):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r
12-04-2003, 07:46 AM
LOL, I was watching it on TV. I am glad you made it and your daughter got the chance to see Kelly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I could not wait to hear Harry Connick Jr. I missed his shows while he was here in Florida last month. I was hoping to see more of the band. The lead player in his band is Roger Ingram. That guy is awesome.

eg8r

CarolNYC
12-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Hey Eg8r,
He was great-he really got the show rocking-it would have been wonderful if we could've all shared the joy together-theres just something about being in NYC at Rockerfeller when that tree lights!Just happiness,I guess!
Carol~maybe one day,huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
12-04-2003, 02:02 PM
One day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

CarolNYC
12-04-2003, 02:23 PM
You let me know-Im fifteen minutes from Newark airport!
Have a great day!
Carol~on our list of things to do!:):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
12-04-2003, 03:50 PM
Carol I love too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe we can do the full holiday tour Macy ballon filling the night before thanksgiving and possibly check out the Radiocity Rockets these are three things i have not done in 8 +years and is a right of passage for any NYC born/raised child /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
12-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Hi Carol,

I'd love to see NYC one day. Did you know Danny Deliberto taught Dennis Hatch for awhile in his younger yrs? Found that out off a Accustats tape. Dennis' father told Danny that he couldn't teach him anything more. He also did some boxing but he sucked at it. It isn't for everyone.

Anyway, one day I'll come to NYC.

Regards,

C.C.

CarolNYC
12-05-2003, 02:50 AM
And I'll be here waiting for you,no doubt!
Carol:)

CarolNYC
12-05-2003, 03:01 AM
Hey Naz,
We will definitely plan this /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif-although this year has passed,next year will be here before we know it-there are certain details that ESU are assigned to-especially when there is large crowds-OMG-you wouldnt believe the amount of canine ,esu,and law enforcements during this one-the next best one that comes up, I'll pm you-hopefully, 4th of July will be one and as for New years Eve-thats kinda like a "Wallyworld: adventure-so I usually stay away from that one, but he's usually posted right under where the ball drops-he wasnt working Rockerfeller this year, he contacted his lieutenant who,God knows how, found me in this massive crowd and just jumped me over the barriers-so, if you and your son are ever interested in a certain event and I can be of any help, just let me know! Next year, how about, Radio City Rockets in afternoon and then straight to tree lighting-that would be cool!
You take care!
Carol~hopes some "FLORIDIAN YANKEES" can come,if you know what I mean ,VOODOO and KATO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Oh, Thanksgiving is usually with my family ,so that parade is out,sorry! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Hey, I was interviewed by CBS,so that was cool!ha ha ha

nAz
12-05-2003, 03:45 PM
he Carol sounds like a PLAN! going out in this season and doing these things with family and friends is just good for the soul. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ESU you know I'm seriously considering going that route,I like helping people, are they finally getting paid a decent wage?

dg-in-centralpa
12-05-2003, 04:24 PM
I haven't seen Rockefeller Center in over 30 years. I'll be coming to NYC on a bus trip, on the 20th. Mrs. DG wants to see Phantom. Hopefully the weather won't be too bad, so we can see the tourist traps.

DG - hasn't been to NYC(other than the Belmont)since 1974

CarolNYC
12-06-2003, 03:06 AM
Hey there,
Are you talking of the play "Phantom of the opera?" I dont know what "phantom " is! Where is it? How much time do you have-I know bus trips leave at certain times-but if time is on my side,maybe we'll meet and go eat at "CARMINES" Oh yeah!
Either way,have a nice trip!
Carol~has to shovel a path for my pug-what a spoiled brat! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
12-06-2003, 03:15 AM
Then Naz,
That is at the "top of our list of things to do" okay?
As for ESU-did you take the police test-if not,just take it-we got the "ins" if you know what I mean- /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif-you know whats really cool about ESU-they never have to reload because they have so much weaponry(is that a word)-so if they run out of ammo, they grab the next weapon, but then again, who wants to go up against a machine gun-ha ha ha ha
Hey,if you take the test, let me know!
Have a nice Holiday!
Carol~thinks Naz is a good Dad! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-06-2003, 09:15 AM
Carol,
We're going to the Majestic theater on Broadway for Phantom of the Opera. The show starts at about 2:30. We should arrive in NYC between 9am and 9:30. We'll probably be dropped off near Macy's. When I get more info, I'll let you know.
DG

Barbara
12-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Carmines!!!!!! Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!!

How about that other place we went to last time?? That was great, too!!

Speaking of snow, 3 years ago when we took in Spike the stray, he insisted on being an outside cat which I wasn't too thrilled with since he pulled a couple "all-nighters" on us. He would sit by the kitchen back door and stare at it and scream to be let out. We called it, 'praying to the Door God'.

Well, one Friday night it snowed and after he 'hoovered' some food Saturday morning (my other cat, Junior, and Spike used to have contests to see who could eat the most food after I put their bowls down, hence the nicknames, Hoover and Eureka), he insisted on going out.

Pete had cleared off the back deck which has two stairways - one to the driveway and the other to the backyard. Apparently Spike was not familiar with snow because he immediately went to the driveway stairs as usual, but didn't descend. Instead he did something completely different and went down the stairs to the backyard. He started towards the garage on the stepping stones we laid down where the snow wasn't so deep and was clearly disgusted with this 'white stuff' as he was shaking his paws off with every step.

Then, seeing no end of the 'white stuff' in sight, he inexplicably turned left and stepped into the backyard where it was chest high on him. He panicked and started into a series of leaps - he got some serious air under his belly - and in a perfect circle, with the last leap landing him on the bottom step of the deck. He then went down the driveway side of the deck and rambled off down the driveway to the neighbor's porch where he had lived until we took him in.

Twenty minutes later he was at the back door screaming to be let in.

He never wanted to go out after that and is more than content sleeping the days away in either of our bedrooms and living la vida grande.

Thank God.

Barbara~~~feeding that spoiled boy bacon as I type... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-06-2003, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Carol,
We're going to the Majestic theater on Broadway for Phantom of the Opera. <hr /></blockquote>

Seen it 3 times. Very enjoyable. You'll like it, plus you keep your wife happy. Sounds like a win-win situation.

Maybe in return she will....uh....you know. LOL

Wally~~knows the guys know what I'm talking about /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-06-2003, 10:23 AM
I'm not much for musicals. There are a few I like. But this is definitely for the wife. Hopefully she will....

DG - nudge nudge know what I mean

Rich R.
12-06-2003, 12:25 PM
If you can swing it, drop your wife off at the Phantom and you can go to see "The Producers." /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Your wife may not like the change, but you will enjoy the show better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

However, don't miss Carmines. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
My wife and I ate there, for the first time, a couple of weeks ago. We'll be back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol is giving you some great advise there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's on 44th Street, about a half a block off broadway.
http://www.carminesnyc.com/
Although we were lucky, got there early, and got in without reservations, make a reservation. The place got packed, shortly after we got in.

Enjoy your trip.

CarolNYC
12-07-2003, 02:44 AM
Ha Ha Ha Ha,
Barb,
I dug a path for my dog-he steps out on the porch-takes one look and walks back in-boy I wanted to smack his "little butt"-it took me an hour to make the path! If he thinks he"s getting booties, hes got anothwer thing coming to him,ha ha ha ha
And Oh,I forget the name of that place we ate, but that was one of the BEST times we had,huh?
Carol~always has fun with Barb and Pete!miss ya!

CarolNYC
12-07-2003, 02:47 AM
Please,let me know, I love NY in the winter! PM if you want-whatever you do,have fun!
Carol:)

CarolNYC
12-07-2003, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
knows the guys know what I'm talking about <hr /></blockquote>
Ha Ha Ha-yeah, she'll take you to Saks and let you buy her some Godivas and diamonds,ha ha ha
Rake care,Wally! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
12-07-2003, 02:52 AM
I saw the "Scarlet Pimpernal" and "Annie get Your Gun" with Reba Macyntre(hope I spelt that correctly) -it was great! Your gonna have a good time!
Carol~loves when a man does for his woman! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
12-07-2003, 02:55 AM
Ummmmmmmmm,excuse travellers of NYC,ha ha ha
Might you be able to attend just for the day /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif?
Carol-would absolutely love that!

Rich R.
12-07-2003, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Might you be able to attend just for the day /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif?
Carol-would absolutely love that! <hr /></blockquote>
Taking my "big kid" to NY at Christmas is a very dangerous thing to do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You never know what will happen between now and next Christmas. It's just too early to plan, right now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
We'll have to get back to you on this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
12-07-2003, 08:33 AM
Carol,

"I dug a path for my dog-he steps out on the porch-takes one look and walks back in"

That is too funny!!! LOL!!!

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
12-07-2003, 05:00 PM
Carol - we definitely want to try to hook up. Probably be after the show. In the morning we'll be with my nephew and his wife. I'll definitely be in touch.

DG - always up for meeting CCB friends

CarolNYC
12-07-2003, 07:06 PM
ha ha ha ha-yeah, now I have to carry him over snow drifts-unbelievable-and Jim says the name of the place was "TONY'S"-what a great time-
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
12-07-2003, 07:09 PM
DG-That sounds wonderful-just say the word and enjoy the show!
Carol~loves meeting new friends /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif-its a definite go for me,okay?

dg-in-centralpa
12-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Carol - you're on. As soon I know better what the time schedule is, you'll be the first to know.
DG - can't wait

CarolNYC
12-08-2003, 03:24 AM
I love it when a plan comes together-travel safely! See ya soon!
Carol:) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif