PDA

View Full Version : When to buy a pool table? & Zbilliards

armandito
12-04-2003, 02:16 PM
I'm looking to buy a pool table for my basement bar that I am finishing. I just wanted to know if there are any suggestions on when to buy a table. Is it better to wait until after Xmas? before Summer? or any other season?

Also, I will probably buy the table locally, but was wondering if anybody has experience with "Zbilliards" (they sell on Ebay, were featured in the magazine)?

pooltchr
12-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Spring is generally when retailers discount their tables since the warm weather is usually when the pool/billiard business drops off.

woody_968
12-04-2003, 03:18 PM
Spring sounds reasonable as far as table discounts would go, with people getting ready to spend time outside.
But one thing to think about is would it be worth saving a couple hundred bucks (possibly more) and waiting for nice weather to get here, or would it be worth spending a little more so you can enjoy it all winter?
For me I would go ahead and get one if the room is ready, I would spend more on table time at the local pool room for practice time than what I would save on the cost of the table to wait /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif