PDA

View Full Version : Oh man I did the dumbest thing last night!

runout1961
12-04-2003, 03:57 PM
I came out of the pool hall which i was parked right in front of. I talked to my buddy doug for a while, while I was talking i put my case on top of my beamer. As you can probably guess I got in the car without even thinking and drove right off with my stuff on the roof. My new bear cue, my sledgehammer break cue, buffalo case, predator shaft, cell phone. But most important my grandfather's cue was in there who gave it to my dad and since passed it to me. Heartbroken. Today I get a call at work from some guy. I had a piece of paper in the top pocket with all my info on it. He called me up and returned everything/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. A nice german guy, doesn't even speak english. Ok I want to hear ur stories now. I know i am not the only one.
A1C John J. Ehle
Firefighter, USAF /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Van Dyke
12-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Good for you!

I have the tendency of getting drunk after Thursday night leagues. Often, I will get to the next one or two taverns, and bring my stick along.

A few weeks ago, I get to league. It's my turn, so I pop open my hinged hardcase. No stick. My heart jumps out of my chest. It's a decent McDermott, retails around $650.

After the game, which I didn't get to shoot, (opponent ran eight off the break) I sit for 10 minutes retraceing my steps from sevn days ago.

I finally realize the last stop of my drunken stupor last week was the bar I'm sitting in right now. I'm in with the bar owner, who is working, so I bring this up. She goes into the back and brings it to me with a smile. I embrace her, and tip her well at the end of the night.

My dumbass must have left it against the wall and just left last week.

Glad to have it back though. I'm sure I'll eventually lose it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

UWPoolGod
12-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Since I lived off campus I always would walk to UW with my cue slung over my shoulder and pack it around from class to class until I got to the pool room. I would lay it under my seat in the lecture hall (the big amphitheatre type. After the lecture I casually would just leave and head to the HUB (Husky Union Building) where the poolhall was. Once I got in sight of it and started thinking about pool, I would immediately turn and sprint back across campus to the class. Luckily the class' hadn't started yet so I didn't look like I was running in late. Did it probably 3 or 4 times. Had my Schon Ltd and Scruggs Sneaky Pete in there along with a Predator shaft in a Thomas Case. Man that would suck.

cycopath
12-04-2003, 04:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr>Had my Schon Ltd and Scruggs Sneaky Pete in there along with a Predator shaft in a Thomas Case. <hr /></blockquote>

Seems like awfully nice equipment for a college student...

"Are you a hustler Amos?"* /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

*Color of Money

UTAddb
12-04-2003, 04:25 PM
I've almost done the same thing a couple of times. Get out of the building, then run back to class. Then again, my stuff definitely isn't that nice.

woody_968
12-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Several years ago my car was broken into, someone took my cue case that had a Meucci David Howard and two Meucci hustlers. A few months later I was at my girlfriends house and one of my buddys paged me. Someone had walked into my local pool room playing with the cues that were stolen. I went down, asked him where he got them, and got some story about a guy sold them to him for $10. I gave him ten bucks and took my cues back /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
12-04-2003, 04:31 PM
"..there's nothing I could do, the 9 ball fell."
"You a hustler Amos?"
"Come one Eddie, luck."
"You a hustler, Amos?"
"What? Ya wanna quit? I don't want no hard feelins...a guy loses...?"

ETC ETC

Yeah I had some nice equipment. Started with the blue McDermott, Billiards 'n' Bagels was having pretty much a half-off sale so I bought the $1100 Schon for $550 and got the case for $100. A shop "lost" my Schon shaft while I left it to be replaced and they replaced it with a matching Predator. And I bought the Scruggs purpleheart sneaky cause my friend had a Richard Chudy purpleheart sneaky.

Scott Lee
12-05-2003, 01:04 AM
John...Your luck is off the scale right now. Go out IMMEDIATELY and buy a lottery ticket for every national lottery you can find! LOL Seriously, that would be terrible to lose such a prized possession as your grandfather's cue. You obviously have good karma going for you. Glad you got it all back...and in one piece!

Scott Lee

smfsrca
12-05-2003, 03:53 AM
If you do buy every national lottery ticket you can find, give them all to the guy who found and returned your equipment.

Jimmy B
12-05-2003, 04:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> John...Your luck is off the scale right now. Go out IMMEDIATELY and buy a lottery ticket for every national lottery you can find! LOL Seriously, that would be terrible to lose such a prized possession as your grandfather's cue. You obviously have good karma going for you. Glad you got it all back...and in one piece!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

I really hope the guy got a reward, I'm sure the local pawn shop would have forked over at least a $20, [censored] I'd give the guy twice that for lunch and I'd kiss his feet. JB

JimS
12-05-2003, 06:37 AM
Moral to the story: LEAVE GRANDPA'S CUE HOME!