PDA

View Full Version : An Insight In To ..AIMING

IMMSHARMA
12-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Hello,
[This post was deleted yesterday on commercial content basis.I reposted it today after following the insructions (to delete the name..******) from the ccb ]

Here I am giving my answers to some of the questions raised by the plyers from time to time.

May be you have some questions to ask or you may want to argue on some of the answers given below.....You are welcome.Send an e mail at immsharma@yahoo.com.

**What is aiming?

We think that finding an aim point on ob itself is aiming.But aiming is not just finding the aim point... it is only the first part of aiming.

**Then why do we try to fix our eyes (what you call focussing) on the aim point on ob?

This we do for two reasons.1)to get the line of aim.2)out of 'illusioned fear' that we may miss the target.

**It is not just getting 'the line of aim'either.(Here I mean only the 'possible guessed line' because getting an accurate line of aim is again a difficult task.) Getting the line is again only part of aiming.

**Then what marks the END of this 'aiming'?

Our mind completes a certain 'geometric routine' sucessfully before we hit cb.This completion of the required 'geometric routine' marks the end of aiming.It takes place without our knowledge of what it is exactly.

**What is your definition of aiming?

Aiming is a mental ,visual process involving three patrs..first and the second being the known parts (aim point and the line of aim) and the unknown part ( a kind of mystic geometric routine),of which one part is simply useless without the other two.The three parts should go in sequence to maintain the correct natural rythem.

**What is the necessity of this 'geometric routine'?

The 'geometric routine completion' is ,apart from aim point and line of aim,the most essential ,final part of aiming.Without this 'routine' the cb CAN NOT take the intended line and this results in miss of a shot.

**Is miss of a shot always due to this non completion of the 'routine?

Usually miss of a shot occurs
1)when the 'correct line of aim goes withot the final routine duely completed mentally.
2)when the line of aim is wrong,though it goes with the final routine being completed properly.

**How do we know if the line of aim is right or wrong?

This can be sensed while completing the final 'geometric routine' on the line of aim.What we sense is that if the shot is going to be positive or negetive.

**Is there a way out to find the accurate line of aim?

Yes .It can be done following a separate,simple routine.Since it is geometric it can not be wrong.

**Does conc.on the aim point alone guarantee the sucess of a stroke?

No...Because it (aim point) is only the first part of a whole.

**But..all most all players say they need to fix their eyes on the aim point while making a shot....

It is because out of practice,we get used to complete,mentally, the third unknown part (the geo.routine) un consciously or sub consciously.This leads us to a kind of illusionary conclusion that we should fix our eyes on the aim point .I mean we fix only our eyes on aim point but the mind,in undisturbed condition,keeps completing the next two parts.(the line of aim and the geo.routine).If disturbed,the mind fails to complete the next two parts or at least it fails at the third part.

**Does con.on line of aim alone serve the purpose?

No again...because by the time we get the idea of the line of aim we have coverd only two parts.,aim point and the line.The third part remains to be coverd.It is possible thinking that we are concentrating on the line alone and if this contentment allows the mind to go undisturbed,it may cover the third part .But any way it is only a thing of chance.

**How do you say that there exists this third part?

Well...It is every player's experience..at times of pressure or under compulsive situations...even after completing the first two parts successfully,yet we are bound to under go a sort of STRUGGLE to do SOMETHING MORE to make sure of our shot.This STRUGGLE is for nothing but that UNKNOWN 'third part'(the hidden geo. routine).

**Why do you think this 'geometric routine' is necessary?
While making a shot we need not only to 'feel' the line of aim, after observing the aim point on ob,but also WE NEED TO 'HOLD' THIS LINE till we strike cb.This needs the third part ..the geometric routine part ....without which the cb CAN'T take the intende line of aim and this causes a miss.I mean.....the geometric routine keeps the line of aim INTACT till we strike cb.

**What is the necessity to know the 'routine' when we can complete it naturally?

Of course....But to complete the routine naturally (without the actual knowledge of it) requires two things:
**good levels of concentration and * good levels of confidence too of which even if one is less are lacking we are bound to fail to complete the key part..the geo. routine.
But till we don't know what it is, it will be merely a kind of "chance happening".
This non awareness of it becomes the cause of all sorts of problems like..pressure,doubt,lack of confidence,fear etc etc..
Where as if we we what exactly this ket part is...
First of all we will be at ease while at the table.
We NEVER feel diffident as we are well armed with the REAL knowledge of the stroke,the required levels of the two things ...CONCENTRATION and CONFIDENCE can be SUMMONED for at all times of need.
Apart from many advantages alike,if we make a mistake we immediately come to know where actually we went wrong giving a WAY for immediate rectification,which is otherwise impossible.

**What do you think the difference between a beginner and a good player?

A beginner has to STRUGGLE for three parts of aiming ..aimpoint.line of aim and the routine completion.Whereas a player with good amounts of practice struggles less for the first two parts but struggling for the third part continues.Not only a good player ..even a pro or a champion has to struggle for this third unknown part..Their 'struggle' for it depends upon the game level of the opponent.They don't need to struggle against an opponent of lower level of game!!!
**What is the cause of inconsistency?
It has a very simple and correct answer as given by,if my memory doesn't go wrong,the monk:..It is because we don't hit in the SAME WAY always !!
I agree with it and at the same time I would like to say like this: Not that we don't hit in the same way...actually we DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT SAME WAY OF HITTING.This confirms the existence of the unknown third part(the geometric routine) of aiming.

**How is that we can make a shot with our eyes closed?
We see the position of ob,cb and get a picture of the first two parts (aim point and the line) before hand and then we close our eyes ...we try to recllect the first two parts of aiming observed,and hit.If we, by chance,complete the third part ,we make that shot or we fail.

**Is your 'geometric routine' supported by any scientific evidence?

Yes.The formation of the 'geometric routine'is based on a sci.fic (geometric)theory related to parallel lines. (I don't want to give any clue more than this)

**What about the role of stance etc?

Only stance with 'empty' mind doesn't work.I mean just correct stance alone can't make you succeed in your strokes..With just stance it self one can't become a good player.It is the mind that really plays.

**Is there a thing like a particular point on cb is to be aimed at theaim point ...?

It is again another example of illusion.There are players who believe that there is a particular point on cb that is to be made to hit ob.They are inclined to think so because of the fact that they get used (unknowingly) to complete the third key part of aiming (geometric routine) just infront of the cb it self.While hitting cb their 'view' covers cb too.Thus they form a (mis) conception that there is a particular point on cb which should hit ob.

**Does your system work even for spin and other special modes of strokes?

Yes.The geometric routine is the very essential component of any shot in the game.Spin shots or any other type are no exception.
In fact The cause of the spin of cb is the mental completion of the same geometric routine but in the opposite direction of the line of cb.!!!!!!!

Cueless Joey
12-04-2003, 10:37 PM
I have a better aiming system.
Look at the center of the pocket, send the balls there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woody_968
12-04-2003, 10:49 PM
this is the exact same post that was deleted yesterday /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Cueless Joey
12-04-2003, 11:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> this is the exact same post that was deleted yesterday /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Yes, but Shawerma is insistent.
I hope he includes some baklava with his aiming system package.

Billy
12-05-2003, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote IMMSHARMA:</font><hr> Hello,
[This post was deleted yestrday on commercial content basis.I reposted it today after following the insructions (to delete the name..sure shot aiming system) from the ccb ]

Here I am giving my answers to some of the questions raised by the plyers from time to time.

May be you have some questions to ask or you may want to argue on some of the answers given below.....You are welcome.Send an e mail at immsharma@yahoo.com.

**What is aiming?

We think that finding an aim point on ob itself is aiming.But aiming is not just finding the aim point... it is only the first part of aiming.

**Then why do we try to fix our eyes (what you call focussing) on the aim point on ob?

This we do for two reasons.1)to get the line of aim.2)out of 'illusioned fear' that we may miss the target.

**It is not just getting 'the line of aim'either.(Here I mean only the 'possible guessed line' because getting an accurate line of aim is again a difficult task.) Getting the line is again only part of aiming.

**Then what marks the END of this 'aiming'?

Our mind completes a certain 'geometric routine' sucessfully before we hit cb.This completion of the required 'geometric routine' marks the end of aiming.It takes place without our knowledge of what it is exactly.

**What is your definition of aiming?

Aiming is a mental ,visual process involving three patrs..first and the second being the known parts (aim point and the line of aim) and the unknown part ( a kind of mystic geometric routine),of which one part is simply useless without the other two.The three parts should go in sequence to maintain the correct natural rythem.

**What is the necessity of this 'geometric routine'?

The 'geometric routine completion' is ,apart from aim point and line of aim,the most essential ,final part of aiming.Without this 'routine' the cb CAN NOT take the intended line and this results in miss of a shot.

**Is miss of a shot always due to this non completion of the 'routine?

Usually miss of a shot occurs
1)when the 'correct line of aim goes withot the final routine duely completed mentally.
2)when the line of aim is wrong,though it goes with the final routine being completed properly.

**How do we know if the line of aim is right or wrong?

This can be sensed while completing the final 'geometric routine' on the line of aim.What we sense is that if the shot is going to be positive or negetive.

**Is there a way out to find the accurate line of aim?

Yes .It can be done following a separate,simple routine.Since it is geometric it can not be wrong.

**Does conc.on the aim point alone guarantee the sucess of a stroke?

No...Because it (aim point) is only the first part of a whole.

**But..all most all players say they need to fix their eyes on the aim point while making a shot....

It is because out of practice,we get used to complete,mentally, the third unknown part (the geo.routine) un consciously or sub consciously.This leads us to a kind of illusionary conclusion that we should fix our eyes on the aim point .I mean we fix only our eyes on aim point but the mind,in undisturbed condition,keeps completing the next two parts.(the line of aim and the geo.routine).If disturbed,the mind fails to complete the next two parts or at least it fails at the third part.

**Does con.on line of aim alone serve the purpose?

No again...because by the time we get the idea of the line of aim we have coverd only two parts.,aim point and the line.The third part remains to be coverd.It is possible thinking that we are concentrating on the line alone and if this contentment allows the mind to go undisturbed,it may cover the third part .But any way it is only a thing of chance.

**How do you say that there exists this third part?

Well...It is every player's experience..at times of pressure or under compulsive situations...even after completing the first two parts successfully,yet we are bound to under go a sort of STRUGGLE to do SOMETHING MORE to make sure of our shot.This STRUGGLE is for nothing but that UNKNOWN 'third part'(the hidden geo. routine).

**Why do you think this 'geometric routine' is necessary?
While making a shot we need not only to 'feel' the line of aim, after observing the aim point on ob,but also WE NEED TO 'HOLD' THIS LINE till we strike cb.This needs the third part ..the geometric routine part ....without which the cb CAN'T take the intende line of aim and this causes a miss.I mean.....the geometric routine keeps the line of aim INTACT till we strike cb.

**What is the necessity to know the 'routine' when we can complete it naturally?

Of course....But to complete the routine naturally (without the actual knowledge of it) requires two things:
**good levels of concentration and * good levels of confidence too of which even if one is less are lacking we are bound to fail to complete the key part..the geo. routine.
But till we don't know what it is, it will be merely a kind of "chance happening".
This non awareness of it becomes the cause of all sorts of problems like..pressure,doubt,lack of confidence,fear etc etc..
Where as if we we what exactly this ket part is...
First of all we will be at ease while at the table.
We NEVER feel diffident as we are well armed with the REAL knowledge of the stroke,the required levels of the two things ...CONCENTRATION and CONFIDENCE can be SUMMONED for at all times of need.
Apart from many advantages alike,if we make a mistake we immediately come to know where actually we went wrong giving a WAY for immediate rectification,which is otherwise impossible.

**What do you think the difference between a beginner and a good player?

A beginner has to STRUGGLE for three parts of aiming ..aimpoint.line of aim and the routine completion.Whereas a player with good amounts of practice struggles less for the first two parts but struggling for the third part continues.Not only a good player ..even a pro or a champion has to struggle for this third unknown part..Their 'struggle' for it depends upon the game level of the opponent.They don't need to struggle against an opponent of lower level of game!!!
**What is the cause of inconsistency?
It has a very simple and correct answer as given by,if my memory doesn't go wrong,the monk:..It is because we don't hit in the SAME WAY always !!
I agree with it and at the same time I would like to say like this: Not that we don't hit in the same way...actually we DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT SAME WAY OF HITTING.This confirms the existence of the unknown third part(the geometric routine) of aiming.

**How is that we can make a shot with our eyes closed?
We see the position of ob,cb and get a picture of the first two parts (aim point and the line) before hand and then we close our eyes ...we try to recllect the first two parts of aiming observed,and hit.If we, by chance,complete the third part ,we make that shot or we fail.

**Is your 'geometric routine' supported by any scientific evidence?

Yes.The formation of the 'geometric routine' of my Sure Shot Aiming System is based on a sci.fic (geometric)theory related to parallel lines. (I don't want to give any clue more than this)

**What about the role of stance etc?

Only stance with 'empty' mind doesn't work.I mean just correct stance alone can't make you succeed in your strokes..With just stance it self one can't become a good player.It is the mind that really plays.

**Is there a thing like a particular point on cb is to be aimed at theaim point ...?

It is again another example of illusion.There are players who believe that there is a particular point on cb that is to be made to hit ob.They are inclined to think so because of the fact that they get used (unknowingly) to complete the third key part of aiming (geometric routine) just infront of the cb it self.While hitting cb their 'view' covers cb too.Thus they form a (mis) conception that there is a particular point on cb which should hit ob.

**Does your system work even for spin and other special modes of strokes?

Yes.The geometric routine is the very essential component of any shot in the game.Spin shots or any other type are no exception.
In fact The cause of the spin of cb is the mental completion of the same geometric routine but in the opposite direction of the line of cb.!!!!!!!

<hr /></blockquote>

well then if this post is not for commercial content,what is the third part of your geometric routine?

anxious to hear your reply /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

btw you still mention Sure Shot Aiming Method but I didn't take it as commercial content /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks in advance

woody_968
12-05-2003, 11:04 AM
He also posts one offering 80% of the material for free, then if you like it you can pay for the rest of the method. If thats the case why not just post the 80% here so we can take a look at it /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Keith Talent
12-05-2003, 11:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>
Yes, but Shawerma is insistent.
I hope he includes some baklava with his aiming system package. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, don't get ahead of the game ... without tahini it would all be dry and indigestible.

But, seriously, if this system were a meal, I'd reach for the blow torch.

Pelican
12-06-2003, 03:52 PM
This whole thing is BS. See same post on EPT Forum