PDA

View Full Version : Tool Bar on Side

Nostroke
12-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Anyone know how to get the tool bar from the side to back on bottom easily? Ive spent an hour on and off trying to grab that bastard and get it back where it belongs. It got to the side by accident quite easily of course. thank you

UWPoolGod
12-05-2003, 10:46 AM
On mine it works pretty easily. I click and hold in the blank area where the little boxes come up when you run a program. and drag over to the side and it goes over there. The same works going back too. I am running Win 98

eg8r
12-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Which toolbar are you talking about? The taskbar (shows open running programs)? If this is the case, just left-click and hold (in an empty part of the task bar) and then move the mouse to the bottom of your screen and release the left-click button.

eg8r

Nostroke
12-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Yes the Taskbar ratherr.Something is wrong with me i guess then. i have had this problem with every windows os i've had. I left click and hold and drag and nothing happens til maybe on the millionth try when it "catches". im on day four now and i still havent budged it.

Qtec
12-05-2003, 10:39 PM
click Start-click Configuration-click Start menu and taskbar. Here you can change the properties of the taskbar.

Q

Sid_Vicious
12-06-2003, 09:19 AM
NS...Click and hold inside the empty space next to the clock display anf then drag it anywhere around the screel you like...sid

Nostroke
12-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks sid that did it except somewhere along the way it got bigger-its like an inch tall instead of 1/2 inch and it wont shorten -oh well better than on the side

Cueless Joey
12-07-2003, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> Thanks sid that did it except somewhere along the way it got bigger-its like an inch tall instead of 1/2 inch and it wont shorten -oh well better than on the side <hr /></blockquote>
Point your mouse on the top line( it will have a up-down arrow) and just left-click drag it down.

Troy
12-07-2003, 01:11 PM
That doesn't change the size of the icons for me, it just changes the bottom of the large window.
To change the icon size, right click on the geay area of the tool bar, left click on "VIE" and choose "Small Icons".

Troy...~~~ Works for me.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>
Point your mouse on the top line( it will have a up-down arrow) and just left-click drag it down. <hr /></blockquote>

Nostroke
12-07-2003, 02:58 PM
That didnt work for a long time but then it did a little- its still bigger and says " done but with errors on the page" so something is still weird but i can live with it-thanks

Cueless Joey
12-07-2003, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> That didnt work for a long time but then it did a little- its still bigger and says " done but with errors on the page" so something is still weird but i can live with it-thanks <hr /></blockquote>
Make sure you point the mouse on a blank spot.
Try hitting alt (hold it down) then tab to switch to whatever is opened and close them.