PDA

View Full Version : What to Buy?

greggj77
12-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Hello all, hope all is well for you.

Quick question, alright maybe not so quick. I am looking at picking up table and have been unable to find a decent used on ein my area. I would like to keep the total package, delivery and all under 2k, currently looking at the Olfhausen Tahoe, I was wondering what you would recomend for a table in this price range, any online dealers that I should be looking at?

Also what are the diffences between a 7 and an 8 foot play wise. length of table is not a major isssue width however is My room is 24x12.5 so I will need the 4" rails on any tables you folks could recomend.

Any help as far as brands or models I should be looking at would be very helpful, for as much as I like playing I know next to nothing about tables.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

pooltchr
12-05-2003, 11:05 AM
The width of a 7 foot table is 3.5 feet. You need a minimum of 5 feet on all sides of the table. That means you are about 6 inches short on both sides with a 7 footer. If you go 8, your width is 4 feet so you are even tighter on space. I wouldn't even consider the 8 footer. As it is, you will need a couple of short cues even on the 7.