PDA

View Full Version : 1st storm of the winter

cueball1950
12-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Oh well it looks like we are going to get our 1st real snow storm of the year. somewhere around 12 to 18 inches. Depending on what station you listen to. Enough to make a grown man cry...boo hoo boo hoo...lol....i wanna move south soon.......................................mike

Karatemom
12-05-2003, 11:50 PM
Well, now I feel better. We got about 2 - 3 inches here last night and this morning. I had to drive 1 1/2 hours in it this morning, but by this afternoon, the streets were dry.

Heide ~ awfully glad she doesn't live on the East coast

Chris Cass
12-06-2003, 12:02 AM
No wonder I had such a hard time skitching. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I kept falling on my face. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-06-2003, 09:24 AM
Like you Mike, we we're to get 12 - 18 inches depending on how the storm moved. I measured this morning and I have about 10 inches. If we'd have gotten the 18 inches, I wouldn't be able to get out of my developement for 3 - 4 days.

DG - glad we only got 10 inches

Barbara
12-06-2003, 09:34 AM
We got about 5-6 inches in the Philly area. I left work around noon Friday to get home. The Beast has traction control, but that's still not good enough in this kind of weather.

Shoveled twice yesterday and gave up at 5 pm when it wouldn't stop. Snowed another 3 inches last night and now it's Pete's turn to shovel. Plus, he gets to drive me around in his 4WD GMC truck to do my shopping today. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

Barbara

cueball1950
12-06-2003, 06:27 PM
well we already have about 15 inches and it is still coming down. Now they predict maybe 18 to 20 total before it stops tomorrow....was just out shoveling the ramp so i can get the wife's wheelchair out tomorrow. This is about the 4th time today i have shoveled that ramp. Time for a break now. Gonna cruisee the pool web sites.....................mike

SPetty
12-07-2003, 06:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Now they predict maybe 18 to 20 total before it stops tomorrow....<hr /></blockquote>Ouch! They're predicting sunshine and 70's for us tomorrow! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Good luck getting out in that snow!

CarolNYC
12-07-2003, 07:12 PM
I feel for you,Mike,
Hang in there-it'll be allright!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Can I come south? We had temps around 30 today but it was windy and drifting. No roads were closed but it made driving miserable.

DG - hates snow with a passion

cueball1950
12-07-2003, 10:05 PM
wel the weatherman was wrong again.... last count had it about 28" in my area.....wish summer was here..lol...oh well soon enough...............................mike

Barbara
12-08-2003, 08:40 AM
Mike,

That's what you get for living in the "lake affect snow" area!

Geez, I heard youse guys put your snow tires on at the end of August! LOL!!

Barbara~~~official count was 8 inches...

Kato
12-08-2003, 09:48 AM
We've got enough snow birds down here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif All you folks stay up there for a while.

Just to upset you all in the north it's about 72 or so here and the sun is out. Last night it was probably around 55 with no clouds. Since I couldn't see my breath though I only had to wear a sweat shirt /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I think the coldest it's been is 48 or 49, BRRRRRRRRR /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato~~~~wishing the snowy people well.

Fred Agnir
12-08-2003, 10:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> wel the weatherman was wrong again.... last count had it about 28" in my area.....wish summer was here..lol...oh well soon enough...............................mike <hr /></blockquote> I normally get more snow than surrounding areas because I live in higher elevation. But, the weather was kind, as for some reason the precipitation parted east and west for several hours and sort of went around us.

But, that just saved us a few hours. We still got drilled with the middle and tail of the storm. Not too bad all in all.

Fred &lt;~~~ only slightly buried by 18" of the fluffy white stuff

dg-in-centralpa
12-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Kato - you guys don't know what cold is! Wearing a sweatshirt at 55 degrees? That's a heat wave here. When it's 55 here, I'm wearing no jacket at all. I haven't switched to long sleeve shirts yet for work. Not quite cold enough. Soon though... we are to have 50 degree temps later this week. I'm breaking out my swim suit. Actually that would be an ugly sight. Come north for awhile, then you'll experience cold.

DG - can always get cool in the summer but has a hard time staying warm in the winter

SPetty
12-08-2003, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> can always get cool in the summer but has a hard time staying warm in the winter <hr /></blockquote>HAHAHAHA! When it's over 100 degrees here in the summer, I say "I can always put on more clothes in the winter, but there's only so much I can take off in the summer!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

UWPoolGod
12-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Send some of it to the northwest..we hardly get more than 5 or 6 inches...ever. Sometimes might get a fluke storm for a foot.

Todd &lt;--- loves the snow.

Kato
12-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Are you crazy??????????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Are you insane?????????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you need help???????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is Mrs DG poisoning your food??????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif(probably huh?)

Well call somebody then, not me. I have thin blood, I'm from here. People that live in South Florida are like reptiles, we don't do good unless it's hot. I mean sure it's too cold out but I still have my windows open /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm determined not to use the heat /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I can guarantee you this: If I ever move north I'll be dead inside of 2 years.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
12-08-2003, 12:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>
...I'm determined not to use the heat...<hr /></blockquote>

Do you even have a furnace? When I lived in FTL we just had a couple of wire space heaters built into the wall. One in the living room and one in the bathroom.

Wally~~gets the willies flying into FTL /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kato
12-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Wally, I have central air/heat. Figure I've saved like $50 in the last 2 weeks on my electric bill. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Tom_In_Cincy
12-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Please accept my 'warmest' regards in your time of misfortune.

Been cloudy, windy and occasional showers all week. But, all that bad weather back east, made it all ok... here.

In the mid-50s to 60s the rest of the week. It's tough, but I am getting used to it..

dg-in-centralpa
12-08-2003, 08:35 PM
That's why I have a pool and can skinny dip to keep cool. If I keep putting on clothes to stay warm, I'll look like the Michelin tire man.

DG - loves summer

SPetty
12-08-2003, 08:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> That's why I have a pool and can skinny dip to keep cool. <hr /></blockquote>Yeah, I do that, but when the water temperature is over 93 degrees, it's not as much help as you might think! Kinda like getting into a hot tub to cool off! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Kato - yes,yes,yes,yes to all questions. We'll thicken your blood, just come north and eat some Pennsylvania Dutch cooking. Best meals and pastries you'll ever find. Bar none! This will give you a new outlook on life.

DG - loves Pa. Dutch cooking and my waistline shows it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Works for me! Water in the low 80's is too cold for me, except when I'm at the beach. I prefer warm water although Mrs. DG likes it cooler, more like the 70's.

DG - loves to lay at night in the pool and watch for falling stars

Barbara
12-08-2003, 09:06 PM
DG, there's no way he'd fall for the food bite, uh bit. This cold weather would freeze the mousse in his hair!

Barbara~~~not lovin' her new waistline

dg-in-centralpa
12-09-2003, 07:09 AM
What a shame! He just doesn't know what he's missing. Oh well... maybe we can wear him out.

DG - who'll take good food over warm weather

Kato
12-09-2003, 08:51 AM
You're right Barbara, I'm not falling for that line /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~has too much hair, too thick, too unruly /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif