PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer vs netscape

bluewolf
12-06-2003, 11:21 PM
I always used IE but recently downloaded Netscape. I liked it a lot until I tried to use it in CCB. When I hit reply, the test box to type in was scrolled off the top of the page.

Is CCB disabled for netscape?

I wrote the admin about this two days ago but have not heard anything back.

Laura

NH_Steve
12-07-2003, 07:52 AM
I have always used only Netscape. I have had to update my Netscape version every now and then, but it has pretty much always worked for me. (This is posted using version 7 or so). I have an old version 4.something that I still use for my mail, but I don't think I can navigate the CCB site with it (or many other sites for that matter).

Troy
12-07-2003, 01:18 PM
I also use Netscape. Started with 4.7, now use 6.2. For some reason level 7 wouldn't work on my PC. I never have Laura's problem with 6.2 but with 4.7 I would revert to the top of the post list when leaving a post.

Troy

Cueless Joey
12-07-2003, 02:46 PM
4.7 was the best.
I used to install them in our classrooms.
Then 6 came out. It had too many bugs and annoyances.
I still use IE as I can't stand the spamming with Netscape.

moblsv
12-08-2003, 09:55 AM
I use Mozilla (mozilla.org). Netscape is basically Mozilla with a bunch of added advertising crap. Mozilla is standards compliant, has pop-up blocker, image blocker, spam blocker, you can customize almost anything depending on your level of computer knowledge and has an active community of developers (mozdev.org) creating such things as development tools and spell checkers.

Qtec
12-08-2003, 12:07 PM
Dump it Laura.
Too many problems and updates etc. Some sites you cant get access.
Scince I switched to IE,I havnt had any problems.

Q

JimS
12-16-2003, 06:45 AM
Ive been using Netscape for the last year or so and with no problems.

Sid_Vicious
12-16-2003, 08:07 AM
I totally lived around Netscape and still would except for what Q has stated...Netscape can't access some sites and Netscape requires updates far too often to suit my satisfaction. Only reason I use Netscape is for mail and as an intermittent second browser cuz I still have a bunch of legacy bookmarks there...sid

heater451
12-17-2003, 06:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>. . .Only reason I use Netscape is for mail and as an intermittent second browser cuz I still have a bunch of legacy bookmarks there...sid <hr /></blockquote>Sid,

You should be able to import your bookmarks from Netscape into IE by using File&gt;&gt;Import and Export. . .. A wizard will pop up, and you can choose either a Netscape profile, or drill down directly to the bookmark file.

This will put an "Imported Bookmarks" folder into your Favorites, IIRC.

If this doesn't work for you, you can probably pull up both bookmark files (IE and Netscape) and just copy and paste the code--which are basically just links.

====================