PDA

View Full Version : Cutec or Adams

Whukes
12-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Hi guys and gals im looking for some advice on a new cue. I'm looking at the CUTEC (http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/cuetec/cuetec_99264.htm) and the ADAMS (http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/adams/competition-cps-4.htm). I've shot with both types although not the same exact cue and would like to keep a 100-150 price range. I'm an alright player and play/practice almost everyday for at least 2 hours so I hope to get better. Which one would you suggest and thanks for the help!

Brent
12-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Hi. I dont know anything about Adams cues, but I have played with Quetec. And in my opinion Id rather play with a crooked wooden cue rather than a straight fiberglass piece of ####.

Whukes
12-07-2003, 04:28 PM
HA! Thanks Brent that was my thoughts as well.

thecardman
12-07-2003, 04:50 PM
It is all on personal preference. What do YOU feel more comfortable. Personally, I play with a Cuetec "piece of ####" and find that the "piece of ####" has helped my game become much better than I thought possible. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As I say, it is all about personal preference. Have you got a local suppliers that carries both Adam and Cuetec? If you do, then go down and ask to try out both cues and make your own decision.

Personally, I am only going with Cuetec from now on. But that, of course, is my own opinion.

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Diesel818
12-07-2003, 07:26 PM
yeah, I would agree with the preference thing... I own a piece of #### as well and I love it ...I've improved a lot since I got my Cuetec... so what if it's fiberglass, it's straight, smooth and most importantly, it's also legal...so why not? lots of pros use them. I haven't tried ADAMS either but I would say Cuetecs are more well-known and widely used... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

griffith_d
12-07-2003, 07:42 PM
If I got a Cuetec, I would go buy some ferrules and a Zebco 202 and go fishing.

Griff

Kato
12-08-2003, 08:42 AM
I've owned a Cuetec for 12 years now and Adams is the same company that makes Helmstetter in which I own 2. I'd tell you that the Adam's would be the better cue for the $$$$$$ but that's my opinion.

Kato

pooldaddy9
12-09-2003, 05:23 AM
Best advise is to try them both and decide for yourself.
You could ask about any stick and there will be someone that doesn't like it but it doesn't mean you would not like it.

Scott Lee
12-09-2003, 05:31 AM
Well said, Joel! In addition, Cuetec cues are solid maple in the butt and shaft. They just have a fiberglass coating over the wood (unlike some other 'fiberglass cues that ARE pieces of ####!). The new Cuetec shaft is a little different, with something in the middle of the fiberglass coated wood shaft. IMO, Cuetec and Adams are both viable choices as an inexpensive cue.

Scott Lee

Scott Van Dyke
12-09-2003, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I got a Cuetec, I would go buy some ferrules and a Zebco 202 and go fishing. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif That was funny.

I bought my first cue at 11. (18 years ago)

It was a Viking for about $60. I still occassionally break it out. That cue took a lot of abuse and still rolls across the table beautifully.

I'll bet Viking would have something in your price range, though it probably won't have any inlaid points like the Adams or the canepole. (sorry)