PDA

View Full Version : Funerals and Hollidays.....& Carol, Steve & RJ

Gayle in MD
12-09-2003, 07:46 AM
Dear Friends, and especially RJ and Steve,

My Mom passed away the day after Thanksgiving. I wasn't going to post about it, but after checking in on CCB today, and seeing that Steve has lost his Grandmom, and just a few weeks ago, RJ lost his Grand-dad, so I guess it is true, bad things come in three's.

Sometimes I think the loved ones who pass on hollidays, are those who have the greatest wish to always be near to us, eventho it may seem harder for us at the time, to lose them right on, or near a special day. But, having lost my Dad in 97, on Memorial Day weekend, over the years that holliday has taken on a special meaning for me, and I find that it has become a time of year when I feel very close to him, and I experience very intense memories of him during that time, as I am sure I will in the future on Thanksgiving, about my Mom.

Anyway, I just want to say to RJ, and to Steve, that every Thanksgiving I am sure I will also think of each of them, and that I hope that they will have the same feelings about their special ones, which I have about my parents, that they had a wonderful, long life, and that they each made all their dreams come true, and they were very loved by all.

Friends truly are the best things in life, and yesterday I received beautiful flowers from our CCB sweetie, Carol in NY, and it is funny, she didn't even know when she sent them that I had lost my Mom, but it really doesn't surprise me, the coincidence, I mean, because there is something special between us, and I knew that the first day I met Carol. Thank you for being my friend, Carol, and I really love you kiddo.

I am very happy to know that my Mom and Dad are together again now, and nothing hurts them anymore, all the aches and pains are gone, and that they had so much goodness in their time here. What more can one ask for than a life well lived.

I hope that each of you will have a wonderful Christmas, and that you will all rejoice in the memories of those loved ones who have gone to a better place.

Here's to "Rose lipped maidens, and light foot lads"

Love,
Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-09-2003, 08:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
...What more can one ask for than a life well lived.... <hr /></blockquote>

You really can't ask for much more than that.

My condolences Gayle.

Wally

eg8r
12-09-2003, 08:26 AM
I am sorry to hear of your loss. What a wonderful post. I am sure RJ and Steve will find some comfort from it.

eg8r

Kato
12-09-2003, 08:33 AM
Gayle, you're a wonderful person. Thank you very much for your thoughts and always know that I'm thinking of you and your family to.

R.J.

Rich R.
12-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Gayle, I am very sorry for your loss.

Voodoo Daddy
12-09-2003, 10:46 AM
Gayle...you never cease to amaze me...your right, we MUST meet someday!! Both my mothers parents passed right next to holidays &lt;Grandpa on Fathers Day/ Grandmother on Halloween and now my other Grandma on Thanksgiving&gt;...just how it works. I also lost my cousin on X-Mas many years ago. I kinda wonder who's next on what holiday sometimes but I NEVER let it ruin a day above ground.

Barbara
12-09-2003, 08:17 PM
Gayle,

My Grandfather (Dad's side - Pop-Pop) passed when he was 97. Would've live until he was 100+ but he broke his hip at 87. He was a gardener for a living and at age 92, could still been seen trimming bushes with hand clippers with his 4-point walker.

He always drank two raw eggs every morning with a shot of Strega for breakfast.

I have his last bottle of Strega.

Barbara

CarolNYC
12-10-2003, 02:47 AM
You have my sincerest condolences,Gayle!
Im sure your Mom was a beautiful person cause she raised a beautiful daughter!
Talk to you soon!
Carol

Gayle in MD
12-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Thank you friend, and best wishes for a happy Charismas and New Year.

Gayle in MD
12-10-2003, 09:11 AM
Thank you so much, you are very kind, and I always knew you were really a softy, LOL. Best wishes for a happy Christmas and New Year.
Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
12-10-2003, 09:12 AM
Thank you RJ, and I will be thinking of you and yours also.
Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
12-10-2003, 09:14 AM
Rich, you're great. Best wishes to you and Kathy.
Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
12-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Good for you Steve, and I know that is how "They" would want you to feel. Life, every moment of it, is just so precious. What a world this could be if only we could all keep that thought in our hearts at all times. You are a special friend, eventho we have yet to meet, and will keep you in my thoughts.
Love,
Gayle...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

Gayle in MD
12-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Barbara, that must really mean a lot to you. I'm glad you have it. My Mom loved figureens, and as she got older, she would break them when she cleaned, so many were missing hands, or feet, of an arm or a leg. My daughter used to tell her she was the Jeffery Dahlmer of the figureen world, lol. Every time I went over there I was constantly trying to cement them back into one peice again if I could find the necessary limbs, LOL. Now that she is gone those little amputees have taken on a special meaning, so I know what you mean about Strega Bottle.
Have a wonderful holiday season, and thank you...
Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
12-10-2003, 09:35 AM
Carol, you are so very kind, and I love you...and thank you again for the beautiful flowers. Next Christmas we are going to show NY what a good time is all about, lol. "Start Spreading The Word"
Love to you and yours...
Gayle

Barbara
12-10-2003, 09:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> My daughter used to tell her she was the Jeffery Dahlmer of the figureen world, lol. <hr /></blockquote>

LOL!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

CarolNYC
12-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Ditto,
Watch out NY-here we come!
Carol:) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cueball1950
12-10-2003, 10:00 PM
Gayle,, I am so sorry to hear about your mom passing. I lost my mom several years ago and i know the hurt and loss that you feel. You have my deepest condolences and prayers. Please keep the faith in knowing that when people die they are going to a far greater place.................Mike

Ralph S.
12-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Very touching post Gayle. You have my deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences.

Chris Cass
12-11-2003, 04:12 AM
Gayle, I'm so sorry.

All my love,

C.C.

bluewolf
12-11-2003, 03:05 PM
Thanks for posting Gayle. I am so sorry about your mom. I do know what you mean about your parents being together now. My dad died in 1997 and my mom has never gotten over it.

Even though my dad died in oct, the first Thanksgiving and Christmas without him were so hard. There was this big empty spot. We used to all gather at my parent's house, but since then have gone to my brother's, which has been a little easier. It has gotten a little less painful every year, but that void will always be there.

The time is coming close for us to lose our mom too or a nursing home because she is losing her mental faculties.

Losing parents is so very hard.

Laura