PDA

View Full Version : Need help for Pool Room Decor (wall rack?)

Perk
12-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Well, my pool room is getting extremely close to completion. We bought this house 1 year ago last week. That means the priorities are finished. In this order,
1. A wall taken out.
2. Pool table up
3. New Simonis felt
4. Surround Sound wiring in place, and new drywall hung.
5. Another wall added, electrical/stereo wiring added.
6. Wall mount for a t.v. in a corner.
7. Computer corner desk added to the room.
8. Last weekend bought a 20" flat screen tv, and a nice corner stand to put my stereo receiver/dvd/etc on. (Hooked up the surround sound.) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Things left to do.
1. Finish drywall (My wife is a finisher, but she is waiting for me to move an outlet, and build yet another wall/door to enter this room.)
2. Paint
3. The expense is in the flooring, and I wont look to finish that until next year.
4. Start the decoration plans. Since I have been playing in the room (of course) instead of working to complete it like she would like, I have noticed that I need some sort of wall rack mount for pool accessories. Any ideas? My room is a basic 4 corner room, with one corner unavailable due to an entrance. 1 corner has the entertainment systems, 1 has the computer desk and computer, and the other one I plan on looking into a corner table/bar stools. That corner and this wall rack idea is where I am running into problems.

Any ideas on what I could do to meet those needs? I have looked at basic wallracks on ebay and some billiard sites, but think they may be jinsy. Do any of you have any that are cool? And any ideas where I can get the corner table/stools?

BTW, the wall color hasnt been decided yet, the pool table is the light colored oak valley BB, the computer desk is a metallic black/gray look, the corner entertainment system is the same gray/silver type look, and the speakers around the room are black.........Any help thoughts are appreciated...

rbpratt
12-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Since my first hobby is homebrewing, you might want to add this to your pool room. [url=http://hbd.org/starcity/kande_freezer.htm]

Nothing beats shooting pool and drinking home brew!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ras314
12-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Well, my pool room is just getting started. And my priorities are about 180 out from yours. First will be the finish flooring, then the best 9 ft table and light I can get hold of. Might get ambitious and put paneling over the insulation. Haven't even thought about a cue rack, just prop 'em on a chair. Some wall outlets for a lamp or two. No windows, TV, or sound system. Some effort at temptature and humidity control.

Not much help. However there are some pictures of Spetty's room posted several months back that might give you some ideas.

Perk
12-09-2003, 01:51 PM
SPettys room looked awesome, and actually I took a few ideas from that for my long term room. We plan on converting our garabage into a huge entertainment room....obviously longterm.

Perk
12-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Hmmm..reminds me of the "keg-o-rator" we made in college.....I definately will have a bar area, but not as open as that just yet...got to get the kids out first. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SPetty
12-09-2003, 03:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> And my priorities are ...the finish flooring, then the ... table ...<hr /></blockquote>BWAHAHAHA! At least you've got your priorities straight! Here's the first pic I took of a pool table in the room. Notice the bare stud walls and that nothing is finished but the floor! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you look closely, you can see plumbing stubs by that light in the background in the bathroom that's not yet walled in. At this point, there's one plug - just below the electric panel that you can see in the future storeroom behind the table.

http://www.pettypoint.com/poolhall/ptable1.jpg

ras314
12-09-2003, 05:19 PM
SPetty...Looks like you had the right approach.

Right now my room is a concrete slab sitting in the snow. But the Mueller steel (sounds better than tin) building got delivered today and have some cork flooring samples ordered.

Bathroom would be nice but there is still the old outhouse on the place. Sort of old country ambiance. LOL An old holloween tradition here is burning a outhouse on the bonfire so there aren't many left.

About decided to use tongue and groove pine paneling, then I can hammer nails wherever I want to hang something. That is if there's any money left after the table.

I'm so cheap I make gun racks by putting short wooden pegs in the walls to set rifles on. Takes floor to ceiling or else a lot of wall space. Looks better than hanging paintings all over IMO. Of course I've discovered some cityfied company has no manners so have to explain I'll hand 'em one but don't grab it first.