PDA

View Full Version : Mosconi Cup - Changed Format

Luke Riches
12-10-2003, 06:09 AM
After discussions with broadcast partners Sky Sports, Matchroom Sport can announce that the format of the 2003 Mosconi Cup will be altered slightly to accommodate more matches.

After playing a race to 12 matches for the last four years, the 2003 event was initially reduced to a race to 10 to allow for slightly less live TV time scheduled.

However, that has now been increased to a race to 11, meaning a potential two more matches have been added to the schedule.

The full Order of Play is:

Thursday 18th 2 doubles and 3 singles matches

Friday 19th 2 doubles and 3 singles matches

Saturday 20th 2 doubles and 3 singles matches

Sunday 21st A potential 6 singles matches

Commented a spokesman for Matchroom Sport, “After discussions with Sky we feel that an extra match per day can be squeezed in. That gives each player more matches and the longer the race the more credible the outcome.”

CarolNYC
12-10-2003, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
allow for slightly less live TV time scheduled <hr /></blockquote>
Hi there,
I believe the "Mosconi cup" will be aired Dec.28th on ESPN from 1pm-7pm and then again on Jan 28,29,30-not sure of times!
Carol~heard from a little birdie:):):)

BCn
12-10-2003, 02:48 PM
Post deleted by ccb_admin_2

CarolNYC
12-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Hey BCn,
Thanks so much-I didnt even know that website existed-
Carol~rooting for her newly adopted brother and bestfriend-Tony! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
12-11-2003, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Thanks so much-I didnt even know that website existed-<hr /></blockquote>If anyone saw that helpful post before admin chose to delete it, would they please PM me the URL that Carol is so happy to have?

BCn
12-11-2003, 11:08 AM
Your welcome Carol!

Thanks for watching Billiard Club television (http://www.billiardclub.net).

Wally_in_Cincy
12-11-2003, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>....admin chose to delete it,.... <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif Geez. It's not like BCN is competing with BD or something. BCN is doing something good for pool.....IMO

BCn
12-11-2003, 12:54 PM
Hmm? Think about it while you're watching BCtv. (http://www.billiardclub.net)