PDA

View Full Version : Classic Videos

Buzzsaw
12-10-2003, 09:34 AM
I've been searching for a place or web site where I can find classic footage of some of the older billiard stars. I know I can find Fats and Mosconi but I'm looking for some obscure players that may have been video taped. Does anyone have any information about this they would be willing to share?

Wally_in_Cincy
12-10-2003, 09:48 AM
this is the only place I am aware of:

http://www.bertkinister.com/classic_player_tapes.html

Buzzsaw
12-10-2003, 11:21 AM
Thank you, they have some great videos. Some of those will make great Christmas presents.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-10-2003, 11:48 AM
You might be able to save some money if you call the 800 number. Bert will answer the phone probably. Ask him if those vids are still on sale for half-price. They were on sale recently and he might still give you the sale price.

JimS
12-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Keep your eye on eBay. I've seen videos of Cowboy Jimmy Moore, Puckett, Fats, Caras, Lassiter, many more.

Cueless Joey
12-10-2003, 08:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> Keep your eye on eBay. I've seen videos of Cowboy Jimmy Moore, Puckett, Fats, Caras, Lassiter, many more. <hr /></blockquote>
There's a seller named tentfall who has a ton of these videos.
I've ordered some but the quality is marginal.
But, that is expected for old videos.

bigbro6060
12-11-2003, 01:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> this is the only place I am aware of:

http://www.bertkinister.com/classic_player_tapes.html <hr /></blockquote>

$50 a tape is f*ckin criminal ! you can get dvd boxsets for that price!

Wally_in_Cincy
12-11-2003, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> $50 a tape is f*ckin criminal ! you can get dvd boxsets for that price! <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bro,

Bert has to put the rest of his grandkids thru college. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Not with my money though

Rod
12-11-2003, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> this is the only place I am aware of:

http://www.bertkinister.com/classic_player_tapes.html <hr /></blockquote>

$50 a tape is f*ckin criminal ! you can get dvd boxsets for that price! <hr /></blockquote>

Yep I agree, I don't know why anyone would support such a rip-off. As long as people have more money than sense they will keep selling though. There is one born every minute!! LOL

Rod

Buzzsaw
12-11-2003, 12:33 PM
I agree $50 a tape is the upper limits I would pay for something like this, but where else can you find these classics. The site did mention something about the "Hustler" being out of stock and hard to find, but I found it at "Sam Goody's" for $25 about 5-6 months ago.

RedHell
12-11-2003, 01:30 PM
You can get the Hustler for 9.98$ from amazon.com.

They even have 27 used copy for 5.75$....

ragbug74
12-13-2003, 08:36 AM
Those ads are outdated several years and from back when the VHS copies were even hard to find. You can get both of them from BestBuy.COM for about $15.00 each on DVD.

I'd like to find someone who has some of this old footage to trade, but I really don't even have anything to offer except some poor copies of some of the old Wide World Of Sports segments between Fats and Mosconi with Howard Cosell refereeing (literally!).

Anyone wanna trade? ragbug74@comcast.net