PDA

View Full Version : Checks for life for the Mexicans...

eg8r
12-11-2003, 08:00 AM
This article (http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/1210mexbenefits10.html) makes me sick. [ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON - U.S. and Mexican officials are discussing an agreement that would allow millions of Mexicans to return home and still collect U.S. Social Security benefits.
<hr /></blockquote> Click on the link for the rest. These guys in government must be high if they vote this one through.

[ QUOTE ]
"Talk about an incentive for illegal immigration," said GOP Rep. Ron Paul of Texas. "How many more would break the law to come to this country if promised U.S. government paychecks for life?"
<hr /></blockquote> I would be willing to bet this will happen.

eg8r

Qtec
12-11-2003, 09:03 AM
Where do I sign up? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Final approval of any U.S.-Mexican "totalization" agreement is up to the Republican-controlled Congress. The Bush administration supports such an accord as a way to improve U.S.-Mexican relations <hr /></blockquote>

Q

eg8r
12-11-2003, 09:04 AM
LOL, Come one come all.

eg8r

Cueless Joey
12-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Actually, this is not a bad idea as long as they are owed SS.
They go back to Mexico, collect SS there, live there and get no Medicare/medic-aid. But, how long before they lobby for Medicare in Mexico?

eg8r
12-11-2003, 10:15 AM
Well, certainly they will not stop with SS. It will continue.

eg8r

Ralph S.
12-12-2003, 12:55 AM
I think this is absolutely wrong. I generally try to avoid politics, but this is garbage. The only way I could stand something like this is, that only legal immigrants should be allowed to collect. This would come with a stipulation that they must maintain residency in the United States to collect Social Security benefits.

Should one be an illegal, then too bad. It should be up to their own country to provide and if their country cant provide, then they should find a way to do so.

My sisters husband is a Mexican immigrant. He has been a legalized citezen for about eight years now. This is a very touchy subject for many in this country as I am sure there are many others with similar family situations like mine.

eg8r
12-12-2003, 08:02 AM
If the person is here legally, then they should receive all the benefits. It is the illegals that are the problem.

eg8r

Cueless Joey
12-12-2003, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> I think this is absolutely wrong. I generally try to avoid politics, but this is garbage. The only way I could stand something like this is, that only legal immigrants should be allowed to collect. This would come with a stipulation that they must maintain residency in the United States to collect Social Security benefits.

Should one be an illegal, then too bad. It should be up to their own country to provide and if their country cant provide, then they should find a way to do so.

My sisters husband is a Mexican immigrant. He has been a legalized citezen for about eight years now. This is a very touchy subject for many in this country as I am sure there are many others with similar family situations like mine. <hr /></blockquote>
Ralph, I agree. I said if they are owed SS ( that would mean they paid taxes and had enough "points").