PDA

View Full Version : Simonis Cloth: Which Is The Up Side?

TomBrooklyn
04-18-2002, 01:11 AM
Which is the up side ...the smooth side, or the fuzzy side? Thanks.

stickman
04-18-2002, 01:31 AM
I can't honestly say for sure. I've never seen the back side. The tables I've seen it on have nearly no fuzz. I suspect you're considering recovering your table. I have not seen the Mali, but personally I love Simonis, and can tell you that it wears extremely well.

TomBrooklyn
04-18-2002, 01:42 AM
Actually, I just got some sample pieces to put under the cue ball when I practice jumping at the pool hall, so I don't mark their cloth. Jumping puts a distinct whitish mark on the cloth... a little circle about 3/16" in diameter.

On this brand new Simonis cloth I got, the fuzzy side looks a little too fuzzy to be the up side, but the smooth side looks a little too smooth. I'm guessing the smooth side goes up, but I'm curious to find out for sure.

04-18-2002, 03:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Actually, I just got some sample pieces to put under the cue ball when I practice jumping at the pool hall, so I don't mark their cloth. Jumping puts a distinct whitish mark on the cloth... a little circle about 3/16" in diameter.

On this brand new Simonis cloth I got, the fuzzy side looks a little too fuzzy to be the up side, but the smooth side looks a little too smooth. I'm guessing the smooth side goes up, but I'm curious to find out for sure. <hr></blockquote>

No doubt about it,the smooth side is the playing surface.

Chris Cass
04-18-2002, 03:40 AM
Hi Tom,
If you had the entire piece of cloth I could say the name is on the top. After reading fuzzy I know the smooth side is up.

Regards,
C.C.

TomBrooklyn
04-18-2002, 04:23 AM
Ok Chris, I got a piece with the name on it and it is on the smooth side. =TB=

04-19-2002, 11:19 AM
Smooth side up. I called Simonis before my 860 was installed. A friend of mine had his installed fuzzy side up by mistake and I don't like it.