PDA

View Full Version : Trick shot binder contents?

srvrules
12-11-2003, 10:16 PM
Whenever I see Pellinga or Massey play I always see them looking in folders or binders that have all of their trick shots. It doesn't look like they're written on notebook paper either, it looks professionally done. My question is, is there a place that sells a master key of some of the most famous trick shots or do you need to make them and diagram them yourself?

Thanks a lot!

Ralph S.
12-12-2003, 12:37 AM
Oh Scott! Hopefully Scott Lee sees this as I am sure he would be in the know, so to speak. I would venture to say that they make these binders up themselves, and do their own diagramming of shots.

MarkUrsel
12-12-2003, 04:41 AM
Mike Massey just put out a book called "Mike Massey's World of Trick Shots" available from Billiards Press. It has about 180 trick shots in it, including a large fraction of the ones you see on the trick shot shows on ESPN.

http://www.billiardspress.com/trickshots.html

Ken
12-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Tom Rossman has also published a booklet that has a ring binder so it will lay flat. I got a copy from Steve Lillis for $10. I believe it has the 40 shots that one has to master in order to compete in structured competitions (not the trick shot shows seen on TV).

Tom has a website and perhaps the book is available from him.
KenCT

woody_968
12-12-2003, 05:04 PM
I believe there is a book that the Trick shot Tour (for lack of a better name, I dont know what its offically called) that all the contestants have. I think they have to do a certain number of shots from the book, and then are allowed to do a number of there own shots.
I think this is so people can practice the shots that the other players will be trying.

Scott Lee
12-12-2003, 08:02 PM
The "binder" you're talking about is the Artistic Pool Manual. It is available to anyone, from several sources, including the BCA. The Sterling Gaming ads in Inside Pool Magazine list it for sale also. You might try ordering it from their website, www.sterling-gaming.com (http://www.sterling-gaming.com)

Almost all of the shots done in trick shot competitions come from this manual (whether they are on tv or not). It was developed with the help of many of us trick shot artists. Tom Rossman headed up the group that put it together. Massey's new book looks pretty good too!

Scott Lee

srvrules
12-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks a lot, guys!