PDA

View Full Version : is the marshall ill. pool hall open for winter yet

snook
12-12-2003, 06:27 AM
anybody know, hoping to got their tonight if it is.

KevinT
12-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Hello. Yes, it is open. However, there is virtually no action there. The only serious players ever there are a group of older guys who play snooker in their group the whole time. Most of the patrons aren't very serious players. If you want to meet at Marshall or at Imperial Lanes, let me know. My schedule is pretty open, so let me know when you can make it. KevinT

woody_968
12-13-2003, 09:17 AM
A side not about Imperial Lanes, they are undergoing many changes right now. They have built a bar in the back of the pool room and taken about half the 9' tables out /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
They moved the tables without re-leveling them, so you may have trouble finding one that is playable at this time. I have talked to Dave and this is supposed to be taken care of soon.

I have heard of the room in Marshall but never been there, where is it?

If comming over to Terre Haute to play send me a message about when, always looking for new competion and friends /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snook
12-13-2003, 09:27 AM
which dave would you be talking about, dave edwards? i think is his name, nice guy with glasses and an amazing shot?

i'm sure me and my friend will be making a trip or two to terre haute sometime and i'll be sure to get ahold of both of you. although now i might wait until i've heard the tables are level. but a trip to marshall is not far off if you guys are interested in that.

thanks alot

woody_968
12-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Dave as in the new owner of Imperial Lanes.

But I know Dave Edwards, a true Gentleman and good player!

KevinT
12-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Hello. Let me know when and where you want to meet, I'll be there. Thought I'd let you know the prices at Marshall. I believe the nine-footers are something outrageous like $6/hour, snooker is 50 cents a game, and the coin-ops are 50 cents a game. Haven't been to Imperial for a while, didn't know they had a new owner. Didn't know they were putting a bar in the pool room, either. That's not gonna make it 21 older or anything, is it? Talk to ya later, KevinT

woody_968
12-13-2003, 09:57 AM
The bar is inclosed so no it will not you dont have to be 21 to get in. They have the tables a little close to the wall too, so you have to watch which one you pick to play on.

snook
12-14-2003, 01:09 PM
hmm...6 per person per hour or just 6 per hour per table? by the way, if you guys ever feel like making the trip to sullivan i have a 5x10 snooker table we normally play pill pool, 9ball, or golf on, on saturday or sundays. we normally play for quarters, if you guys are ever interested just tell me and i'll get ohold of you next time we play.

KevinT
12-14-2003, 05:07 PM
I don'tknow if it's per person or just per hour. There is never anyone else that wants to play on them so I've never used one. Just let me know whenever you want to meet somewhere, I'll see if I can make it. KevinT