PDA

View Full Version : Does Clark ever want to be President of the US

eg8r
12-12-2003, 12:15 PM
I am guessing not with the quote... [ QUOTE ]
Clark to bin Laden: Don't Drop Dead
We missed Wesley Clark's appearance earlier this week on Chris Matthews's "Hardball," but an alert reader calls our attention to this exchange:

Matthews: General, do you think Osama bin Laden, if we catch him, when we catch him, should be tried here at the U.S. or in The Hague, the international court?

Clark: I would like to see him tried in The Hague, and I tell you why. I think it's very important for U.S. legitimacy and for building other support in the war on terror for trying them in The Hague, under international law with an international group of justices, bringing witnesses from other nations. Remember, 80 other nations lost citizens in that strike on the World Trade Center. It was a crime against humanity, and he needs to be tried in international court. <font color="red">He forgets that the intent was to hurt the US on US soil. Sounds like grounds for a US jury to decide fate. </font color>

Matthews: Well, 3,000 Americans were killed here. Do you believe he should be held exempt from capital punishment, because if you send him to Hague he will be. They don't have capital punishment at The Hague.

Clark: I think that's a separate issue. I think that's a separate issues.

Matthews: No, it's a key issue, because the sentencing limitation, they do not execute people at the Hague.

Clark: I think that you can adequately punish Osama bin Laden, and you've got to look beyond simple retribution against an individual. You have to look at what's in the long-term security interest in the security in America and you have to look at how we handle the war on terror from here on out. <font color="red"> Clark does not believe things would be better if bin Laden was removed from the face of the Earth. However in contrast he blames Bush for not finishing the job and not killing bin Laden in Ashcanistan ever chance he gets. </font color>

Matthews: But doesn't life in Holland beat life in a cave?

Clark: Not in a Dutch prison. Chris, they're under water, they're damp, they're cold, they're really miserable.

Has Clark been hitting the Dutch courage? This is supposed to be the "electable" Democrat, the tough military man, the alternative to peevish peacenik Howard Dean. Does he really think he can get elected by saying "Vote for me. I'll send Osama bin Laden to a Dutch prison"?

<hr /></blockquote> He would rather an international court judge the one man ultimately in charge of 3000 American deaths. The quote comes from the opinionjournal at the Wall Street Journal.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
12-12-2003, 12:48 PM
Bin Laden in international court?

Sounds like the Clinton admin.

BTW did you hear Howard Dean say it was an "interesting theory" that the Saudis had warned Bush of 9/11 in advance? What a goof.

#### leonard
12-12-2003, 01:01 PM
Eg8r they should try him in Texas. Where the hell is Jack Ruby when you would need him.####

eg8r
12-12-2003, 01:11 PM
LOL, #### I would bet you it would be as fair a trial as he deserves. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
12-12-2003, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bin Laden in international court?

Sounds like the Clinton admin. <font color="blue"> The Clintons own Clark. He is their microphone to the nation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

BTW did you hear Howard Dean say it was an "interesting theory" that the Saudis had warned Bush of 9/11 in advance? What a goof. <font color="blue"> I didn't hear that, but your assessment of Dean is right on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
12-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Diane Rehm: "Why do you think he [Bush] is suppressing that [Sept. 11] report?"

Howard Dean: "I don't know. There are many theories about it. The most interesting theory that I've heard so far -- which is nothing more than a theory, it can't be proved -- is that he was warned ahead of time by the Saudis. Now who knows what the real situation is?"
-- "The Diane Rehm Show," NPR, Dec. 1

<font color="blue">Here's another doozy: </font color>

Chris Matthews: "Would you break up Fox?"

Howard Dean: "On ideological grounds, absolutely yes, but . . . I don't want to answer whether I would break up Fox or not. . . . What I'm going to do is appoint people to the FCC that believe democracy depends on getting information from all portions of the political spectrum, not just one."

<font color="blue">LOL </font color>

eg8r
12-12-2003, 02:22 PM
LOL, he would do every thing thing he could to break up fox. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r