PDA

View Full Version : Dr Cue in Mobile, AL

cycopath
12-12-2003, 02:31 PM
I saw Tom Rossman last night at Breakers Billiards in the port city. Amazing show.

Among all the terrific trick shots, he also explained a little bit about the diamond system. Pretty interesting stuff.

Mr Rossman puts on a helluva show as well as being a very nice guy.

When he came to the end of his trick shot set, he asked for any shot requests. I was very tempted to ask him to shoot the 11 rail bank, a la Fast Larry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
12-12-2003, 02:50 PM
Man you should have...I keep envisioning the cueball flying around the table and can't see how the ball keeps going for that many rails before the opposite english kills it on a rail.

JimS
12-12-2003, 09:00 PM
Yeah....kinda makes a guy wonder doesn't it? Hmmmmm............. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-12-2003, 11:42 PM
I met Tom last year at Valley Forge and got to play him a game of 8 ball. He was fun, no hang ups, no air of celebrity, and he truly enjoyed putting on a show. Great to talk to and a true asset to the sport.

DG - will remember that game I played and lost, even though I probably should have won, but choked on a run

Billy
12-13-2003, 06:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> I saw Tom Rossman last night at Breakers Billiards in the port city. Amazing show.

Among all the terrific trick shots, he also explained a little bit about the diamond system. Pretty interesting stuff.

Mr Rossman puts on a helluva show as well as being a very nice guy.

When he came to the end of his trick shot set, he asked for any shot requests. I was very tempted to ask him to shoot the 11 rail bank, a la Fast Larry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

one of the best trick shot shows bar none

no matter how many times I've seen his show,he's always extremely entertaining and without a doubt a model representative of our wonderful game

here's the kicker though,unlike some trick shot performists,Tom Rossman is most willing and able to step up to the plate and display actual pool playing skills in 'real' pool competitions.

like Massey,this is what I admire most of him,he's a player /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jmo

Wally_in_Cincy
12-13-2003, 09:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr>
...Tom Rossman is most willing and able to step up to the plate and display actual pool playing skills in 'real' pool competitions.

like Massey,this is what I admire most of him,he's a player /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jmo <hr /></blockquote>

A buddy of mine saw him years ago. He said Rossman laid a $50 on the rail for anyone who could beat him. He took on all comers for over an hour and did not lose.

sack316
12-13-2003, 01:29 PM
glad you got a chance to see him, I beleive he is going to be at the Bumpers in Auburn tonight if I'm not mistaken. I work at the Bumpers in Montgomery and would love for him to come to ours, but we're in debate as to if it would make enough difference in business to pay the cash. Were there alot of non regulars out there last night? I'dlove to do it but I'd have to convince the boss man it would be worth it at our location.

Scott Lee
12-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Todd...Although I have yet to see or do the 11 rail bank myself, I can hit 9 rails anytime, on MOST any table (LOL). The 11 rail bank is the same pattern. Neither of these banks uses ANY sidespin, because, like you mentioned, the sidespin would reverse off of multiple rails.

Scott Lee

Scott Lee
12-13-2003, 01:48 PM
Brian...Tom is, indeed, one of the best representatives for our sport out there! His personal energy is unbelievable! He wears me out just watching him run around the table! LOL
I'm glad to finally see Tom getting the recognition he deserves. It's been a long time coming, as he's been touring the country now for almost 20 yrs. He's been a great friend to me, and I admire his dedication to pocket billiards around the world!

Scott Lee

cycopath
12-13-2003, 06:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> glad you got a chance to see him, I beleive he is going to be at the Bumpers in Auburn tonight if I'm not mistaken. I work at the Bumpers in Montgomery and would love for him to come to ours, but we're in debate as to if it would make enough difference in business to pay the cash. Were there alot of non regulars out there last night? I'dlove to do it but I'd have to convince the boss man it would be worth it at our location. <hr /></blockquote>

Quite a few people turned out for the event. There were probably 30 people right around the "featured table", that were definitely there for Rossman. There were more throughout the place but it's hard to say if they just happened to be there or came specifically for the show.