PDA

View Full Version : Cue on Board

BeanDiesel
12-12-2003, 03:54 PM
I'm planning go to Columbus, OH this winter by plane. I'm going to bring along my cues and some accessories. Do you guys think I can carry my cues (in a hard case) in the cabin as a hand luggage?

Pelican
12-12-2003, 04:07 PM
I believe cues must be checked as baggage now - dangerous weapon you know /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Chris Cass
12-12-2003, 06:03 PM
I heard they changed that?

C.C.

Fred Agnir
12-13-2003, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BeanDiesel:</font><hr> I'm planning go to Columbus, OH this winter by plane. I'm going to bring along my cues and some accessories. Do you guys think I can carry my cues (in a hard case) in the cabin as a hand luggage?
<hr /></blockquote>Nope. They haven't allowed cues on board since 9-11. You have to check it in as baggage. Pack accordingly.

Fred

Wally_in_Cincy
12-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Like Fred said, you'll have to check them. There are products out now that are an outer protective case for your cue case. You can get them hard or soft.

I'll post a link if I can find one.

SPetty
12-13-2003, 10:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> There are products out now that are an outer protective case for your cue case. <hr /></blockquote>Or you can make one yourself out of PVC, dog collars and other leftovers...
http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/pics/case.jpg

Sid_Vicious
12-13-2003, 10:27 AM
It might sound expensive but I recommend the airline luggage specifically designed for travel. It has clasps, locks(which they can break for inspection) and wheels...quite the deal but 150-$200. If you are going to play pool and fly for years more, why not? It makes more sense to me rather than the homemade gimmicks. Hell I paid good money for my cues, I'll pay again to protect them and look good checking in at the hotel at the same time...sid

Scott Lee
12-13-2003, 01:57 PM
sid...It doesn't make much sense to have locks on your travel case, as the airlines WILL cut the locks off. Might as well just let them examine your cues. It they're going to get stolen by airline baggage handlers, locks won't make any difference. FWIW, SPetty's idea is very sound, economical, and plenty sturdy to protect any cue + case.

Scott Lee

tateuts
12-13-2003, 05:22 PM
We just went to Hawaii during Thanksgiving and "pool cues" were still specifically listed as banned items in carry-on's. I was able to fit a sneaky pete into my large suitcase diagonally, then I folded up a soft case to bring with me - it worked fine.

Chris