PDA

View Full Version : The Eagles Vs Dolphins

Barbara
12-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Oh yeah, Kato?? Voodoo?? Wanna place a friendly bet??? Pete is against the "Gaetanos Cheese Steak" bet - I send youse guys a 17" fresh made steak sub 'cause I'd send it same day and it already weighs 2 pounds if Philly loses, which they won't... whaddya got for me???

Name it, boys...

Last I heard, there were 5000 Eagles fans flying down there for support. WOW!!

Barbara~~~used to be a '72 Miami fan and again when the whole defense were called the "Bees-whackers"...

Voodoo Daddy
12-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Actually...the '72 FISH "D" was the No-Name Defense. In the 80's, they had several players with their last names beginning with a "B", they were known as the KILLER B'S. I will not bet because I will be rooting for the Eagles, being a FISH-HATER since birth!!

Voodoo~~~loves the J-E-T-S and any team that faces the FISH!!

Barbara
12-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Well then, whoops disregard my bet I just privately made in a PM to you.

Let's just gang up on Kato!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~remembers "B-whackers"...

dg-in-centralpa
12-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Barbara - I'm a Dolphins fan, even though we're not doing well this year. Remember the Eagles are playing in Miami. I'll bet a Hershey Bar that the Dolphins will win. Even up no point spread?
DG - loves to gamble especially for food

Barbara
12-13-2003, 08:22 AM
How big of a Hershey Bar??

This Gaetano's cheesesteak will put you in 7th heaven.

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
12-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Barbara - How about a one pound Hershey Bar?

DG - lives for Hershey Chocolate

Barbara
12-13-2003, 09:20 AM
Hmmmmmm.... let me think.... The 17" Super Size cheesesteak "with" that weighs at least two pounds for a one pound chocolate bar I can buy in any store around here....

Nah, I don't think so....

Barbara~~~keep thinking dg...

Eric.
12-13-2003, 01:01 PM
I dont care for the Fins, I just love the action.

Iwill take the Fins & the points. I'll put up a Harold's of NY Strawberry Cheesecake vs your Gaetano's Cheesesteak.

Oh, as you probably know, everything from Harold's is BIG. The cheesecake looks like a strawberry covered Snare Drum (!)
http://pages.prodigy.net/rarebird/NJBash2pg6/NJBash2pg6.htm

So it's cheesecake vs cheesesteak, are we on?

Eric >coulda went to Gaetano's myself...

Barbara
12-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Holy Schmoley Batman!! That's a lot of cake!!

Naaaaah... I'm not into desserts. Think of something else, we've got some time.

Barbara

Eric.
12-13-2003, 05:14 PM
Well, since we're doing big, howzabout a sandwich (any sandwich)from Harolds like say, a Reuben? BTW, their Reubens are also around 17" long and approx 5" high! It should feed you, Pete, a few starving bears, and then some. Pretty tasty too!

Eric >Mmmm, foood

Kato
12-13-2003, 07:52 PM
I've made my pitch to you in private though you'll probably decline. I made that pitch before I read this thread.

Since I'm a decided underdog in this bet you SHOULD put up the bigger end of the bargain but I'll take what you ask for.

Kato

Barbara
12-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Geez Louise Eric!! This place sounds like a glutten's paradise!!

Let's just keep this on a small scale to be paid off at the Expo.

How about a one pound "snacker bag" of my pecans vs something from you.

And if you need a size reference of the "snacker bag", ask Fred. He can be seen gambling said bag at the "green table" at the Expo.

Barbara

Barbara
12-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Well, I already owe you nuts so let me think of something else to bet.

I'm not quite sure how I'd get a cheesteak down to you.

Barbara~~~thinking... thinking...

Barbara
12-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Okay Kato, how's this - we bet a buck. That's it, one dollar. After all, it's more for bragging rights.

And yeah, I'm shoveling some snow today. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara

Barbara
12-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Okay, so 35 of them were asked to leave the Hotel Essex. Partying a little too hardy.

So Kato and I have a bet and it doesn't include perishable food.

I have a bet with dg, too.

Eric never got back to me.

Barbara~~~can't watch the game, they do bad things when I do...

dg-in-centralpa
12-15-2003, 06:17 PM
Barbara - PLEASE WATCH! My dolphins need a lot of help.
DG

Eric.
12-16-2003, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Eric never got back to me.

Barbara~~~can't watch the game, they do bad things when I do... <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Barbara,

I got busy and actually worked hard for a change /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Either way, I was in and I'll take my beatin like a man. Just let me know what I owe /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Eric &gt;remembers why i don't bet Football

Kato
12-16-2003, 09:45 AM
This morning I put Barbara's Christmas card in the mail and within it's folds is a $1 bill, not crisp.

Kato~~~loser /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barbara
12-16-2003, 05:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> and within it's folds is a $1 bill, not crisp.

Kato~~~loser /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Not crisp????? Meanie!!!

Hey! Did you like that diving-I-gotta-make-the-ball-break-the-endzone-plane play??? Suh-weet!!!

Barbara`~~will deal with dg and Eric at the Expo...

dg-in-centralpa
12-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Barbara - Congratulations! The Eagles played good. I'll pm you to find out where to send your winnings. I have to run to Hershey to pick it up.

DG - a gracious loser

wolfdancer
12-17-2003, 12:46 AM
They probably didn't have enough Greyhound Buses for the rest of them to leave on.

Barbara
12-17-2003, 07:03 AM
dg,

Bring it with you to the Super Billiards Expo. Unless you're not going, then let me know.

Barbara

Kato
12-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Barbara, though I love you dearly I'm still an awfully sore loser.

Kato~~~mired in another December collapse and realizes that the current crop of players and the current crop of coaches have run their course.

dg-in-centralpa
12-17-2003, 03:48 PM
Barbara - I'll be there and settle up. Any word on whether the full contingent of women pro's will be there?

DG - counting down the days to VF

dg-in-centralpa
12-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Kato - maybe we can trade Fiedler, Griese, and Wanstedt to Dallas for Parcells. We'd have a winner within three years.

DG - already looking towards next season