PDA

View Full Version : Blackheart's Waxing Hint For W/Wood Joints

Sid_Vicious
12-14-2003, 04:34 PM
I tried Blackheart's tidbit of inserting auto wax into the threads of wood to wood joint threads which may be loosening on you a bit,,,and even on the breaker I use which is not really an annoyance of snugness, I seem to have found a very noticable elevation in the solidity in it's bang. If you own a W/W jointed cue, you might consider trying it. My custom, play cue really seemed to jump up and get through the stroke with more muscle, that cue was the key interest I had in trying this, and yet the breaker was an added surprise. Is it better? I'm guessing it hita more like the way it did whan it was born. Thanks Jer..sid~~~I actually used liquid polish

TommyT
12-14-2003, 08:43 PM
After putting the wax on the threads do you put the cue together and let it dry or put together and take apart? I have a cue that needs this treatment.

Thanx,
TommyT

BLACKHEART
12-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Use PASTE WAX on the threads of the shaft & let it dry before puting it together. The idea is to fill up the threads & make the fit tighter. DON'T OVER DO a good thing...JER

TommyT
12-15-2003, 01:19 PM
Sorry to be so anal about the procedure but I don't want to f#@k up my shaft. How do you apply the wax to the threads of the shaft?
Thanx,
TommyT

Sid_Vicious
12-15-2003, 01:56 PM
I took a cotton q-tip and twirled it up inside the threads, wanting a sheen of coverage but not any concentrations, so I followed up with a second virgin swab. I can imagine that you could really make an unusually tight situation otherwise, cuz my routine really added what I was looking for, anymore and I would have needed help in assembly. It wasn't really that extreme, still it is best to be frugal. I've only done it on three shafts, so there's not that much experience to benchmark from...sid

ajrack
01-07-2004, 02:06 AM
I have two Kersenbrocks which I have had since '76...Dave Kersenbrock suggested that I use a little vaseline on a Q-tip applied into the threaded shaft would keep it in a good condition...I only apply it once a year or so, and have had no problems of wood drying out in the shaft.

nAz
01-07-2004, 02:28 PM
I have done that with Butchers Wax while coating my coating my cue. i get on the threads but do not think i have notice any differance, still hit solid.