PDA

View Full Version : Santos beats Joyner in Reno semi

Cueless Joey
12-14-2003, 05:20 PM
http://azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2325&perpage=15&pagenum ber=2

Scott Lee
12-14-2003, 10:47 PM
Joey...and Mike Davis beats Santos for the $12,000 1st Place!

Cueless Joey
12-15-2003, 12:57 AM
Thanks Scott. I read that earlier but it appears nobody cares. lol
Who is this Mike Davis?

RailbirdJAM
12-15-2003, 04:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>Thanks Scott. I read that earlier but it appears nobody cares. lol Who is this Mike Davis?<hr /></blockquote>

Mike Davis is a strikingly handsome, clean-cut young man who has been playing pool since he was a kid. He used to live in southern Virginia, but is now living in Hagerstown, Maryland.

There is an excellent article about his life, written by Paul Berg, entitled "Mike Davis Brings the Heat: Out of the Kitchen and Under the Lights" in the October 2003 issue of InsidePOOL magazine, pages 70-73. Mike has been a fierce competitor on the tournament trail for a long time.

He is currently the points winner for this past season of the FalconCue Tour. Mike is having a banner year, for sure.

At every tournament, you will see Mike Davis practicing before his match. He takes his game very seriously. The strength of his game is his break (IMO). He came in second place at the previous year's Viking Tour final, beating Johnny Archer, Corey Deuel, and Keith McCready all in the same day.

He actually drives to events out on the East Coast and doesn't hesitate to take off for a tournament wherever it is, Tampa, Florida, or Rochester, New York. Wherever there is a tournament, Mike Davis will be there. He's always been very thrifty, selecting a less-expensive hotel a little further away from a tournament venue. He has lived on a shoestring to support his tournament lifestyle. It's WONDERFUL to see him get a little jingle -- no, a big jingle in his pocket from this tournament win. Merry Christmas, Mike!

Congratulations are due to this young gentleman, Mike Davis. He's a great player, passionate about his game, and I'm sure we will all be reading about him many, many more years to come.

Way to go, Mike Davis. A great showing! Wish I could have been there to see it.

RailbirdJAM