PDA

View Full Version : 10-ball Ring game sideline distractional banter

UWPoolGod
12-15-2003, 11:31 AM
How far is too far? Everyone does it. Afterall it is part of the fun of the ring game so see what oneliners'll come up next. "HOOK HIM 5BALL!!""GET IN THE GAME 10!" "Sloppy bastard!" "OPTION!!" Its all the sort of stuff that goes on when the balls are in motion..but not when someone is down on a shot..and definitely not a money ball. Got sharked out of a few money balls last night but let them slide. Just wondering what your thoughts on this and list some of your favorite one-liners that you ahve faced.

Tom_In_Cincy
12-15-2003, 01:46 PM
I've always liked the idea of a "Woofing" (sharking)tournament. He the 'woofs' the best..

tateuts
12-15-2003, 02:56 PM
I don't like chatter right before I shoot, or while I or anyone else is shooting in a ring game. I don't think just because it's a ring game the etiquette should be any different than usual.

Chris

Scott Lee
12-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Todd...Here's one of my favorites: "Oh, I'm sorry! Did I leave you tough? It was an accident!" LOL

Rich R.
12-16-2003, 12:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I've always liked the idea of a "Woofing" (sharking)tournament. He the 'woofs' the best..
<hr /></blockquote>
Tom, you must have been in your glory, at the CCB tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
12-16-2003, 12:53 PM
I'm playing K-Mom the other night. She breaks and comes up dry. I run out the rack and she gets mad at me. I tell her, "Hey, I can't help it if you shot bad." /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Kato
12-16-2003, 01:05 PM
You evil man!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I play a guy in league and someone breaks and runs I just sit there, turn to the guys on the team and tell them I played my hardest and just couldn't get there.

Kato

ceebee
12-16-2003, 03:35 PM
I don't mind the BS during the change of players, the banter &amp; BS adds some flavor. But to continue with the horseshit or start getting your money, in the line of the shot, is just plain RUDE. The idea is to have fun &amp; not lose too much money. When my opponents become unruly &amp; resort to SHARKING to win, I'm out. I don't care for jerks..

nhp
12-16-2003, 04:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> I don't like chatter right before I shoot, or while I or anyone else is shooting in a ring game. I don't think just because it's a ring game the etiquette should be any different than usual.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

Chris, you gotta watch a ring game that Anthony plays in, it's hilarious! The last time we played, at the end we were playing $3-6-9 rotation, and even though it's expensive, none of us could get serious because we were having too much fun and laughing so much. I agree that when you play in a ring game with people who are not real good buddies of yours, you shouldn't be allowed to shark, since it is a money game. With friends, I can't think of anything more fun.

tateuts
12-16-2003, 04:33 PM
Hi Nat,

Anthony is hilarious. He reminds me of the Spiderman character "Kingpin", only funny.

I have your tape in the trunk by the way. See you Wednesday.

Chris