PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

12-15-2003, 11:36 AM

Cueless Joey
12-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Don't laugh. A very good player in my local hall does that.
How's this for a googan?
A player here calls a top notch cuemaker to make him a cue. He begs the cuemaker to get one done fast. Cuemaker makes him a nice cue in 6 months. He receives his beautiful cue. Googan weighs the shafts. One shaft is .2 of an oz. lighter. He calls cuemaker to complain. Cuemaker tells him to send the cue back and he'll refund Googan's money. Googan sends the cuemaker the cue back.
The same Googan had a new ferrule installed on his shafts. Days later he claims the ferrule shrunk by a thousandths of an inch. Cuemaker takes the ferrules out. This Googan is actually a decent B-level player. So maybe he's not a googan.
Googan 2 gets a new cue made by a friend of mine. Cue weighs 19.3 oz. Googan2 says he likes 19.5. My friend says he doesn't use weight bolts in his cues and doesn't like putting weight at the bottom. So, Googan2 begs my friend to add .2 of an oz weight on his shaft instead.
Googan2 also received his $1500 Judd cue. Beautiful cue but he couldn't run out with ball in hand with 7, 8 and 9 left on the table. With ball in hand he puts the cueball almost 3 feet away from the 7 ball and tries to carom to the 9-ball which was near the 8-ball but not even close to being frozen. He could have just slide to the left of 7 to get perfect on the 8 and 9. He missed the 7-ball of course and did not come close to the 9.

Rod
12-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Odd enough but a pretty solid player here wrapped his butt with duct tape. It wasn't even wrapped smooth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I don't know but it takes all kinds as they say.

Rod

Cueless Joey
12-15-2003, 12:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Odd enough but a pretty solid player here wrapped his butt with duct tape. It wasn't even wrapped smooth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I don't know but it takes all kinds as they say.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>
Have you seen Stalev's slip on rubber grip?
But, I'm not going to tell him it looks darn ugly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
12-15-2003, 12:45 PM
No but a guy here uses one . I guess there more common with billiard players and he use to play billiards a lot.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-15-2003, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr>....I guess we can forgive him. <hr /></blockquote>

No, I don't think you can actually.

Scott Lee
12-15-2003, 01:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Have you seen Stalev's slip on rubber grip?
But, I'm not going to tell him it looks darn ugly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Joey...Lots of 3-C players use those slip on rubber grips.

Scott

Steve Lipsky
12-15-2003, 01:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Have you seen Stalev's slip on rubber grip? <hr /></blockquote>

Googan Alert! Claiming to know things about pro players' equipment is a classic Googan indicator. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Steve

Cueless Joey
12-15-2003, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Have you seen Stalev's slip on rubber grip? <hr /></blockquote>

Googan Alert! Claiming to know things about pro players' equipment is a classic Googan indicator. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Steve <hr /></blockquote>
Ahahahaha!!! How can one miss it? The thing is long and green.
Scott, I did notice that from watching the 3-C tourney at the Stardust this year.
Hey, how's this for a googan? My next wrap is going to be a rubberized-cork. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-15-2003, 03:08 PM

Cueless Joey
12-15-2003, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Odd enough but a pretty solid player here wrapped his butt with duct tape. It wasn't even wrapped smooth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I don't know but it takes all kinds as they say.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

When Scruggs how I wanted my custom que made, I said please make it uglier than hell: so that no one would steal it LOL.

Scruggs said he made a hustler a beautiful stick and he wrapped duct tape on it and hustled on bar box tables. Took the cake. I didn't want to tell him that was my reasoning also, for I didn't want to seem too googanish. Oh what the heck, I haven't hustled in so long I have forgotten how. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I wonder why Tim just didn't ask " would you want me to make it Meucci ugly?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
12-15-2003, 10:19 PM
I'm with you Wally. There aint no forgiveness for something like that.

stickman
12-16-2003, 09:19 AM
There should be a law for something like this. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif If it works for him, to each their own. I'm guessing that comfort and functionally is more important than looks to him. Knock them dead. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
12-16-2003, 12:44 PM
That's too funny. HAHAHAHAHA

bluewolf
12-16-2003, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr>....I guess we can forgive him. <hr /></blockquote>

No, I don't think you can actually. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree. That blackheart cue is beautiful and there are ways to keep your cue from being stolen than wrapping a bunch of tape on it.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
12-16-2003, 01:28 PM
It's like putting a burlap sack on Anna Kournikova

http://www.justpictures.dk/images/anna%20kournikova/1/anna%20kournikova3.jpg

stickman
12-16-2003, 02:09 PM
I keep seeing a picture of a Ferrari with Yosemite Sam mud flaps in my mind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
12-16-2003, 02:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> I keep seeing a picture of a Ferrari with Yosemite Sam mud flaps in my mind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I wanted to laugh when I read that, but I live in the south, and it's not all that far fetched! LOL

UWPoolGod
12-16-2003, 03:08 PM
I'd get in a burlap sack with Anna LOL!!

PQQLK9
12-16-2003, 04:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> I keep seeing a picture of a Ferrari with Yosemite Sam mud flaps in my mind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I wanted to laugh when I read that, but I live in the south, and it's not all that far fetched! LOL <hr /></blockquote>

Steve i'll second that observation...I mean what's wrong with a new Mecerdes with Original Factory Equipment on it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif