PDA

View Full Version : 2004 US Open 9-Ball Championship

Barry Behrman
12-15-2003, 12:02 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FROM BARRY BEHRMAN
FOUNDER AND PROMOTOR OF THE
U.S. OPEN 9-BALL CHAMPIONSHIP

To my loyal supporters, sponsors, players, the best fans in the world and friends,

I want to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very happy holiday season and a healthy New Year.

I thank you so much for the support I received from all of you who could attend this years event. I'm very much aware, due to Hurricane Isabel, many of you could not be with us and I certainly understand that. Again, bad timing had a huge impact, but we got through it and crowned a new Champion in Jeremy Jones. He was our 18th Individual Champion at our 28th annual tournament and went undefeated throughout the week. Also, Jose Parica was a very gracious runner-up. The field was as strong as ever. Next years dates are set at September 6-12, at The Chesapeake Conference Center.

I will be working very hard to rebuild my event. I won't be happy until a full field, 256 players, is achieved and $200,000 will be up for grabs, based on 256. The Champion will receive $40,000.

VIP seating will be as follows. $200.00 for the entire week, $180.00 for Tuesday through Sunday, $160.00 for Wednesday through Sunday, $140.00 for Thursday through Sunday and weekend VIP will be $120.00. This is something new I want to try so bear with me until April 1st, for details. Of course, first come first served beginning April 1, 2004. I will have it fine-tuned by then. Thank you.

Player entrance fees will be the same at $500.00. A $50.00 late fee will be charged if not paid one week in advance. Players meeting on Sunday September 5th at 6:00PM. Food provided.

Everyone, remember, if you want to save a lot of money you must reserve your hotel room at the Holiday Inn (757-523-1500) by August 15, 2004 to get the reduced rate for the event.

As usual, my staff and myself will be glad to assist you in any way we can. Again, my best wishes to you all for peace, love and happiness. I will be anxious and glad to see all of you again.

Barry Behrman

Ralph S.
12-15-2003, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the information release Barry. I, as well as many others I am sure, wish nothing but success for you and this event in 2004. Knowing the dates in advance like this really helps. Now I know how much money to put away, as I really want to attend my fist U.S. Open.

Kato
12-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Barry, the South Florida crew and I are definitely looking forward to coming back. Me for my 3rd straight Open. 3 years ago we were 2, last year 4 strong. This year I've got 5 commitments and more on the way. Here's to making this the best Open ever and thumbing your nose at all the nay-sayers all over the world.

Happy Holidays Barry to you and your family

Kato

woody_968
12-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the info, think I am going to talk to the wife about making plans to attend my first open /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Happy Holidays right back atcha! Like Kato, I'm also looking forward to my 3rd straight U.S. Open trip. I'm sure it'll be successful again. As far as that pesky hurricane, it just made us all spend time together and get to know each other a tad more.

Again, happy holidays to you and see you in 9/04.

JMD in VA
12-15-2003, 09:12 PM
Glad to here it buddy! The Richmond crew will be down! Hope you are doing well. Have a happy holiday!

cueball1950
12-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Hey Barry, nice press release. Like everyone i will be coming back as usual. heck, it will be my 16th straight. I remember it being held at the old lake wright hotel. Anyway, See you next Sept. And to all you CCB"ers going. I simply cannot wait..The trophies will be better than last year......................................mike