PDA

View Full Version : Andy Gilbert Custom Cues

SteveFromNY
12-15-2003, 04:42 PM
I'm almost done designing my cue and all seems to be going very very well. Jeff from gilbertcues is excellent btw! Very courteous and professional. Anyway, my question is, does anyone here play with a gilbert cue or has heard anything abou them? The're priced pretty close to my budget. also, does anyone know how they play? I'm hesitant in spending over a grand on something I've never shot with. PLeaSe help! thanks!

Steve

mike_in_iowa
12-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Gilbert cue hit great, look great and are still alot of cue for the money. The quality goes up every year. the workmanship is superb and there is a lot value in his cues. The hit while it is subjective is appealing to me, but I have only hit with the ivory jointed cues that joe salazar sells on his traveling cue booth.
check out the work he has done with titlist butts. they look great.
the only bad thing I can say about him is I tried to get ahold of him this summer a few times and he did not return my phone calls. I wanted to order a cue and could not get thru to him.

mike in iowa

ted harris
12-15-2003, 05:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mike_in_iowa:</font><hr>the only bad thing I can say about him is I tried to get ahold of him this summer a few times and he did not return my phone calls. I wanted to order a cue and could not get thru to him.
Did you leave a message?

mike in iowa <hr /></blockquote>
Andy has been very busy building a new shop that is 2400 square feet. No small task. And doing most of the work himself. He will probably become easier to reach a time goes on, and the shop get's closer to completion.
Did you leave a message?

mike_in_iowa
12-16-2003, 09:28 AM
yes

ceebee
12-16-2003, 03:42 PM
hey Mikey... try ordering an Auerbach Custom Cue... they are very nice &amp; you get a lot of Cue for your money. 918.610.8016 poolqmakr@sbcglobal.net You can get 4-6 Points &amp; Ivory Inlays for $700.

I'm coming out with a BreakRAK Break Cue next week.

You never sent your BreakRAK back for the upgrade.

mike_in_iowa
12-16-2003, 05:34 PM
sorry ceebee, I appreciate all your hard work, I'll send it this week. send me a e-mail with the mailing address and I'll ship it out. thanks

mike a

Sid_Vicious
12-17-2003, 08:01 AM
I have one of Andy's break cues and use it as a play stick as well. It knocked every ball in for about 10 straight minutes when I was trying it out(ok I missed one or two), so I quickly bought it from the guy who was selling it. His points are a work of art. All of the Glbert owners I've run across have been avid vans, most had more than one of his cues packed along...sid~~~actually paid about retail for a used cue, but hey...it was making everything I pointed it at ;-)1

SteveFromNY
12-17-2003, 03:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I have one of Andy's break cues and use it as a play stick as well. It knocked every ball in for about 10 straight minutes when I was trying it out(ok I missed one or two), so I quickly bought it from the guy who was selling it. His points are a work of art. All of the Glbert owners I've run across have been avid vans, most had more than one of his cues packed along...sid~~~actually paid about retail for a used cue, but hey...it was making everything I pointed it at ;-)1 <hr /></blockquote>thanks! that's what I was told....and I am very particular and obsessive might I add about points.
Anyway, I think I'm going to go with him.

The cue I want, for reference is going to have 4 cocobola points
4 veneers (from outside, black, natural, red, maple)
inside of each point (mother of pearl diamond with two circles, on top and bottom)
regular checkered rings
white linen wrap with brown specs
cocobola butt with 4 large maple windows and alternating large inlays in the center of each window, pearl diamond, then circle.

Actually, the butt I'm really still deciding on. I'll probably be posting a thread soon for all of you guys to post your pics of your butts /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif for me to get an idea of (not to steal)

Thanks for the responses ALL!!!