PDA

View Full Version : It Pays To Be Nice

Candyman
12-16-2003, 05:08 PM
A few weeks ago, my wife's partner did an appraisal for a friend of his. The property was a $1.5M residential home. He actually did the appraisal from specs and plans months ago and was back to do the final inspection. As Chris was doing the walk-thru, he noticed a pool table being assembled in the gameroom. He complimented his friend on his choice, and stated that he hoped to have one like that someday. He finished the appraisal and went on his way. His friend called a couple of weeks later and told Chris he hadn't received a bill. Chris told him that there was no charge. His friend was insistant on paying, but Chris said it was something he just wanted to do for him.

Well, to make an already long story short, Chris got a call from the Billiards Company asking what day would he be ready for his new pool table to be delivered? Chris told the guy he hadn't ordered a table. After somemore conversation, he finds out his friend had bought him an identical table. He told his friend he couldn't accept such a pricy gift, but Chris lost the fight. They delivered the Brunswick European series table today. I am so happy for him. We are breaking it in Friday night. Lock /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
12-16-2003, 05:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Candyman:</font><hr> He told his friend he couldn't accept such a pricy gift, but Chris lost the fight. <hr /></blockquote>

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lots of Chris-named people lose this fight!!!

Barbara~~~couldn't resist, honest!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JimS
12-16-2003, 07:11 PM
After that fight I'll bet he was all beat-up, bloody, bruised, tired, haggard, and all that. I know I'd sure put up a hell of a battle before I'd let that happen to me!! I have been known to give in but I ain't easy..tougher'n hell by jimminy.

Barbara
12-16-2003, 07:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> After that fight I'll bet he was all beat-up, bloody, bruised, tired, haggard, and all that. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, he was. But it didn't show all that much. He's a tough one.

Barbara

Candyman
12-16-2003, 08:36 PM
If I can get the bloody grin off this losers face, I will send some pix!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

stickman
12-16-2003, 10:16 PM
It pays to be nice. I guess!!! Good for you. I'm sure that he feels good to be able to do it.

Scott Lee
12-17-2003, 11:48 AM
All right Lock! Now you have a great place to have your next lesson! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

Candyman
12-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Quote Scott:
All right Lock! Now you have a great place to have your next lesson!

Scott
---------------------------------------------------------
What a great idea Scott! I hadn't even thought of that. I hope you have a merry Christmas. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Lock

rukiddingme
12-18-2003, 07:28 AM
You think I can be his friend too? I'll put up my dining room table on ebay so that I'll have room for my present when it arrives. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
ruk

Chris Cass
12-18-2003, 09:49 AM
I can relate to this. Something about the letter "B" always seems to win. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Before someone gets the wrong impression. The letter "B" in some peoples first name.

Regards,

C.C.~~I think these people are angels.

Candyman
12-20-2003, 12:25 AM
http://www.brunswick-billiards.com/products/brunswick/tables/european/briarwood.html

This is it. He is still pretty bruised and battered. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Brady_Behrman
12-20-2003, 12:40 AM
wow, thats really great...Merry Christams huh!