PDA

View Full Version : Centennials Come with Blue Circle Cue Ball So

Retardo
04-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Why do most rooms (seems to me) then put a Red Circle ball with the set? What is the difference and why do room owners seeem to care about this cash costing adjustment when they generally dont care enough to give you hot water in the men's room? Where do those blue circle balls go?

Tom_In_Cincy
04-18-2002, 04:58 PM
Maybe the PH Owner replaces the Blue Circle with the RED, because the Blue is damaged (over time) and the RED Circle is just as good but cheaper..

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.billiardsexpress.com/balls2.html>http://www.billiardsexpress.com/balls2.html</a>

Rod
04-18-2002, 05:28 PM
Tom, most likely they do replace the c/b for reasons you mentioned. Usually though the whole set needs to be replaced. In my travels I've seen plenty of worn out ball sets.

Cueless Joey
04-18-2002, 05:32 PM
Red circles are lighter and easier to control. Players prefer it. I know one hustler who brings his own blue circle because he knows some players hate them.

04-18-2002, 08:16 PM
People are more used to its playability. The blue circle is the same weight as the object balls and requires one to be in line more so than the red O. You can draw your way out of trouble where as the blue circle will hancuff your attempts because of its same weight as the obj. balls. BF

Rich R.
04-19-2002, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bigfoot:</font><hr> People are more used to its playability. The blue circle is the same weight as the object balls and requires one to be in line more so than the red O. You can draw your way out of trouble where as the blue circle will hancuff your attempts because of its same weight as the obj. balls. BF <hr></blockquote>
IMHO, for a fair game, the cue ball being used should always be the same weight as all of the other balls.
If you are using Centennial balls, the Blue Circle cue ball should also be used. Rich R.

Retardo
04-19-2002, 10:08 AM
Thanks i had no idea Blue circle was significantly more expensive- I thought just the opposite, given the general praise of the Red that i have heard

Wish i has known about that Billiardsexpress site-I just paid $189 for Centennials at Billiard Fanatic and threw away $40 bucks