PDA

View Full Version : Uggs, I don't get it.

Cueless Joey
12-17-2003, 05:46 PM
Uggs (http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/SaleSearch?sosortorder=2&sokeywordredirect=1&ht=1& sosortproperty=3&satitle=uggs&from=R8)
What's the big deal?

Rod
12-17-2003, 06:05 PM
Well they look comfortable, for 5 or 600 they better be. Next will be sheep skin for your cue so you have a comfy grip! LOL

9 Ball Girl
12-17-2003, 09:13 PM
They're extremely comfy! I've got a pair. I like to wear mine with lowrider jeans rolled up or tucked in the Uggs.

Kato
12-18-2003, 06:58 AM
I have a pair of rubber boots just like those in my car!!!!!!!!! Mine are what admittedly and not the lovely baby blue color. We sell them here at work for pool marciters for $20. My brother uses them when he fishes, I use mine when it rains and I have to walk my dog. Sure they aren't sheep skin but so what? $400. Women are crazy!!!!!!!!

Kato

bluewolf
12-18-2003, 07:28 AM
I like my sorrels better. The boot used by those in cold places like montana and alaska and tested to 40 below. The lining is removable, can be washed.

Seems like they are 1/2 price of the uggs and waterproof,to boot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

9 Ball Girl
12-18-2003, 10:29 AM
I can't help it! I love footwear. To no cost!

Cueless Joey
12-18-2003, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I can't help it! I love footwear. To no cost! <hr /></blockquote>
You should see my cowboot boot collection.
Green snakeskin ( I kid you not, they're pretty), lizard skin, calf skin, bullhide and cowhide, and Kangaroo skin ( Yikes! But they're like Deer in Aussie, millions of them).
Here's the guy who made them for me.
Murga Boots (http://murgaboots.com/index2.htm)

Wally_in_Cincy
12-18-2003, 11:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>
...Green snakeskin ( I kid you not, they're pretty), lizard skin, calf skin, bullhide and cowhide, and Kangaroo skin ... <hr /></blockquote>

And if you ever get tired of them you can fashion a spiffy cue wrap from them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
12-18-2003, 06:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>I like to wear mine with lowrider jeans rolled up or tucked in the Uggs.<hr /></blockquote>Picture please. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
12-18-2003, 06:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> I like my sorrels better. Tested to 40 below, lining removable, can be washed. 1/2 the price of Uggs and waterproof<hr /></blockquote>Very sensible.

bluewolf
12-19-2003, 07:39 AM
Well, Tom, I want something that will keep my feet warm and dry and will not put me on my a** when walking on ice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Besides, I think they look better, because they are rugged. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif My winter stuff is not for pretty, it is for function: capaline under socks, wool socks,capaline under gloves with wool fingerless ones,capaline long undies,pile jackets, and cross country skiers type shells.

My footwear is vasque sundown boots and sorrels in the winter, burkenstocks when it is a little warmer or running shoes. More into the outdoors, rugged affair and not interested in fashion.But then my childhood interests involved camping, rough and tumble football, and climbing trees. And boy toys were always neater to me than girl toys. But of course you know that I like wildlife, kyacking and white water rafting too.

Gave up on women's shoes a long time ago, considering my feet at EE width, with a very high arch so they never fit anyway and most of them are not durable,and really dont care about the clothes being that pretty as long as they fit and are comfortable.Never was a fashion statement. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

To each his own.

Laura