PDA

View Full Version : New Moori 3 tips?

recoveryjones
12-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Has anyone tried out the New (apparently improved) Moori 3 tips. I'm thinking of having a med hard one put on a Predator 314 shaft that I'm going to purchase in the New Year.Someone recently told me that they are the best tip in the world.I'm currently using a Tiger Sniper med hard tip on my Custom made Foster cue and I shoot good with it.Having said that I'm allways looking for an edge to take things to the next level.Thanks RJ

timsmcm
12-17-2003, 10:31 PM
can you tell me where you find these tips

recoveryjones
12-18-2003, 03:21 AM
I can get them off of this guy in Vancouver Canada who is an independent custom cue buyer, repairman and dealer.He told me ( a few weeks back) that new moori 3 tips are tough to get right now. Maybe that's why your having trouble finding any. I'll email him and ask him his sources and get back to you with any info I come up with about obtaining some. All I know is I've got two reserved if I want them.He's charging me $30 each Canadian currency so they are expensive.RJ

pooltchr
12-18-2003, 07:02 AM
I thought I read somewhere that Atlas Billiard Supply is the distributor for these tips.

Big_Jon
12-18-2003, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Poster: pooltchr
Subject: Re: New Moori 3 tips?

I thought I read somewhere that Atlas Billiard Supply is the distributor for these tips.

<hr /></blockquote>

You read right, atlas is the only place you will be able to get them, and they will be expensive, i think they sell the standard moori's for around $22...

Thanks

Jon

p.s. A friend of mine can get the current morri's direct from japan for around $6... you gotta love that markup...

JimS
12-18-2003, 12:58 PM
I've heard that before but $6 for a Morri makes me wonder if they are knock-offs. I know, I'm being cynical but..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cycopath
12-18-2003, 01:44 PM
I know it sounds funny at $6, but not long ago Barringer was selling them at $7.50 each so I bought a few. They appear to be the real deal to me, and play like the real deal also.
So maybe $6 is as far fetched as you'd think it to be.