PDA

View Full Version : CCB " Golden Miscue of the Year" 2003 Nominations

tateuts
12-18-2003, 02:21 PM
It's been a great year for the CCB. We've had some pretty wacky stuff, as expected. I would like to propose a "Golden Miscue of the Year" award to the post that was the funkiest, funniest, dumbest, most entertaining, or whatever.

Here's my nomination:

Help "Sparky" Get Out of Debt (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=npr&Number=81594&Forum=All _Forums&Words=sparky&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchp age=4&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=81594&Search=true #Post81594)

It goes to none other than Sparky, who used the boards to beg. You see, he mistakenly charged $12,000 up in credit cards through no fault of his own with no real ability to pay it back. Perhaps he invested poorly in his 7'Italian table, the "Pizza Crap". Nonetheless, he swallowed his pride and came in armed with his hands fully open, an empty wallet, and this website:

Sparky's Website (http://www.angelfire.com/pro/billiards49221/getoutofdebt.html)

Alas, poor Sparky couldn't countenance the righteous indignation and disbelief the mean and cruel folks of the CCB heaped upon him, and he left the boards in disgrace.

What's your nomination for "Golden Miscue of the Year?"

Chris

Eric.
12-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Chris,

That onw is definately one of the tops. Although amusing, it was hardly original. There was a local girl(local to me) that started a website called "Save Karyn.com" where she did just that. Here's the kicker; not only did she mooch $20,000.00, but she parlayed it into a New York Times bestseller book! You gotta love this country.

Eric >saveEric.com?

tateuts
12-18-2003, 02:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Chris,

That onw is definately one of the tops. Although amusing, it was hardly original.
Eric &gt;saveEric.com? <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Eric,

I guess it would have been too much to ask for Sparky to be original in any way, even while groveling. Oh well...

Chris

RedHell
12-18-2003, 03:01 PM
Wasn't it sparky who was offering himslef as a road partner for a pro... Was it for KM ?

Anyway that was hilarious....

tateuts
12-18-2003, 04:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Wasn't it sparky who was offering himslef as a road partner for a pro... Was it for KM ?

Anyway that was hilarious.... <hr /></blockquote>

Ahhh yes, when Sparky applied for a job as Scott Lee's helper, offering his services to romantically travel the country and give pool lessons.

That was a jewel, here it is:

Sparky Hitting Scott Up (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=82701&amp;Forum=ccb &amp;Words=Sparky&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;L imit=25&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=82586&amp;Search=true#Post82 701)

Surprisingly, some posters were taken aback by his generous offer.

Chris

cueball1950
12-18-2003, 08:52 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif My golden miscue.... Would have to be leaving Virginia before the World Renowned 2nd Annual CCB Tournament last Sept. Was real sorry to have missed it. But maybe the reasons were good enough......................mike

Ralph S.
12-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Tateuts, I gotta give ya my props here as well as seconding your motion. That Sparky was a few french fries short of a Happy Meal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cueball1950
12-18-2003, 10:58 PM
One question about Sparky DID anyone send him any money???? Hell of a way to raise it. No more street panhandlers. now they can sit in the comfort of their home and do it................................mike

woody_968
12-19-2003, 07:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Chris,

That onw is definately one of the tops. Although amusing, it was hardly original. There was a local girl(local to me) that started a website called "Save Karyn.com" where she did just that. Here's the kicker; not only did she mooch $20,000.00, but she parlayed it into a New York Times bestseller book! You gotta love this country.

Eric &gt;saveEric.com? <hr /></blockquote>

thats funny, I went to look at sparkys website and there was a link on it to the savekaryn site you were talking about /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-19-2003, 09:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif My golden miscue.... Would have to be leaving Virginia before the World Renowned 2nd Annual CCB Tournament last Sept. Was real sorry to have missed it. But maybe the reasons were good enough......................mike <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, they were. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

tateuts
12-19-2003, 09:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> One question about Sparky DID anyone send him any money???? Hell of a way to raise it. No more street panhandlers. now they can sit in the comfort of their home and do it................................mike <hr /></blockquote>

Mike,

I would send him $1 for the sheer entertainment value of his post but I know I would be spammed for the rest of my life when I got on his e-mailing list!

Chris

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 10:02 AM
How about that rambling 10,000 word post that Fast Larry put up one night....with no paragraphs IIRC /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 10:07 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tateuts
12-19-2003, 10:13 AM
Well, the Event of the Year had to be the U.S. Open for sure. The combined news of the Behrman scandal, hurricane, CCB Tournament, and return of Keith was almost too much too bear!

Chris

tateuts
12-19-2003, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Here's another classic:

<font color="red">Keith,

Well spoken. It makes you sound like the ignorant, two-bit hustler you are. Us "nits" will keep to ourselves while "warriors" like you can go prove your manhood.
</font color>

LOL <hr /></blockquote>

I was kind of hoping you would overlook that one! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 10:29 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UWPoolGod
12-19-2003, 01:02 PM
What about the northeast power outage and 9ballgirl's ordeal getting home. Sounded like trouble.

tateuts
12-19-2003, 02:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Edited by Wally_in_Cincy (12/19/03 11:31 AM)

<hr /></blockquote>

What a dirty trick you devious devil! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 02:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Edited by Wally_in_Cincy (12/19/03 11:31 AM)

<hr /></blockquote>

What a dirty trick you devious devil! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I thought I was doing you a favor /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif