PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame Fighting *expletive deleted*

UWPoolGod
12-18-2003, 05:41 PM
Not to offend any alumni...or Irish...or fans of the Irish, but why the hell do we have to watch the same damn team on NBC half of the year. And the school gets paid for it. I think Notre Dame should pay us to watch their games. I mean they are independent. Now they just signed another contract. Somebody shoot me. Thank god for Dish Network, if I had to watch them every weekend I'd shoot myself...especially after this past season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1689376

wolfdancer
12-18-2003, 08:23 PM
How dare you, sir!!!! The Mighty Irish of Notre Dame, are God's team, and a must watch for every red-blooded, Irish-American,God-fearing, Roman Catholic, etc.....
for your penance, say three Hail Mary's, and sing the ND marching song

Ralph S.
12-18-2003, 09:40 PM
Well, probably because no other school is capable of drawing the ratings that ND does week after week and year after year. Also, ND is the most popular team and storied school across the country.

Ralph S.>A huge Notre Dame fan... GO IRISH!!!!!!

Rich R.
12-19-2003, 05:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> Well, probably because no other school is capable of drawing the ratings that ND does week after week and year after year. <hr /></blockquote>
You hit the nail on the head, Ralph.
To answer most questions about TV programming, just follow the money.

Whether people want to see the Irish win, or they want to see them lose, the ratings go up. No other games attract that kind of interest, and ratings.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 06:56 AM
I live in an area heavily populated by Catholics of German and Irish heritage. The Fighting Irish are hugely popular here.

I went to a game there once. 1986 vs. Penn State. We high-fived Tim Brown in the end zone after a touchdown. It was mucho fun.

Kato
12-19-2003, 07:22 AM
I saw Tim Brown play in the Orange Bowl against the Miami Hurricane's when he won the Heisman. We kicked his Gold Helmetted butt!!!!!!!!!!! 70,000 screaming anti-Notre Dame fans screaming in unison..............that's a good Saturday.

Notre Dame sells tickets, they travel well, they have great history and tradition. For some reason people want to watch them. Hey, when they are able to beat Mighty Navy on the last play of the game they must be good!!!!!!!!!

They are independent for 2 reasons. First is money, they don't have to share and they are still included in the BCS. Second, why go to the ACC and get bitch-slapped year after year by Miami, Fl State, Va Tech or the Big 10 and get wolloped by Michigan and Ohio State or the SEC and get pounded by Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee. Or the MAC and get spanked by Miami (OH) or Marshall. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Granted this year their schedule was tough. After laying waste to all the military academies they did lose to some pretty stiff competition.

Kato~~~being a Hurricane fan makes you the ultimate Notre Dame hater. It's a DNA thing.