PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for Christmas gifts

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 07:03 AM
Ladies....and gentlemen,

I still need to buy something for my fiancee. We had agreed to get a computer as a mutual gift but you know how that goes. I know she has bought stuff for me. I think I''ll get her a heart shaped gold and diamond pendant. She doesn't have one.

I'm pretty good at buying gifts. It seems that I always have a revelation that hits like a thunderbolt for the perfect gift. But it just has not hit me this year. I also need to buy her some small stuff so she has more to open.

Any ideas?

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 07:08 AM
Gee Wally, you're running out of time.

Something like this maybe

http://www.southeasterngems.com/inventory_images/P-274.jpg

Kato
12-19-2003, 07:14 AM
I too am in a bit of a quandry. However I'm sure there is much fare to chose from at the various Hamiltucky malls and stores. Remember, there's always Walmart and Walgreen's /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~has never bought a gift at 4 a.m. Christmas morning at Walgreen's.................least not this year /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>..I'm sure there is much fare to chose from at the various Hamiltucky malls and stores. ...<hr /></blockquote>

7-Eleven has some nifty last minute gifts too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bluewolf
12-19-2003, 07:24 AM
If I knew a week ago that Ray's brother wrapped that beautiful Blackheart, I would have ordered him some 'googanism' stuff.

Lucky girl, Wally that you are planning to get her such a nice, romantic gift.

Laura

Kato
12-19-2003, 07:28 AM
I have done all my Christmas shopping on the Day After Christmas............when everything is really discounted!!!!!!!!!!

Kato

SPetty
12-19-2003, 07:29 AM
Geez Wally, haven't you been paying attention? She's been dropping hints for a month now! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Geez Wally, haven't you been paying attention? She's been dropping hints for a month now! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No. But thanks anyway......pal /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~shoulda kept notes

bluewolf
12-19-2003, 08:54 AM
<font color="blue">Wally, one more thought. You might want to find out if she likes heart shaped jewelry before you go out and buy this expensive gift.

I do not like my jewelry to be heart shaped but prefer other shapes, while many women love heart shaped stuff.

Just a thought. Or you could take her to the jewelry store and get her to show you what she likes. I know that is not as romantic, but if she shows you several things, she wont know which ONE she is getting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Laura </font color>

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 09:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>...you could take her to the jewelry store and get her to show you what she likes....<hr /></blockquote>

I did that with my second wife, at her request, and she divorced me /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
-
-
-
-
-

the bitch /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric.
12-19-2003, 09:19 AM
I'm always reaching myself, here's a few thoughts-

Get something somewhat practical, that she might need like the computer idea, maybe a super plush bathrobe, etc.
and
get some jewelry that can be exchanged. If you're not sure, don't get something custom made.

Maybe one of those Spa treatments where you get a makeover &amp; massage(not a massage parlor /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

A mini vacation? You might be able to find a package for 3 days in the Bahamas. You can do this around work too. If you're going for, say, Fri/Sat/Sun, she can always *cough* call out sick for Fri(from the beach).

Eric &gt;ho ho ho

bluewolf
12-19-2003, 09:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>...you could take her to the jewelry store and get her to show you what she likes....<hr /></blockquote>

I did that with my second wife, at her request, and she divorced me /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

the bitch /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">How about a nice digital camera to go with the computer, if she likes computers?

Laura</font color>

Rich R.
12-19-2003, 09:38 AM
You can always tie a bow around your neck and lay down under the tree. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> You can always tie a bow around your <font color="red">***** </font color>and lay down under the tree. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

been there LOL

cheesemouse
12-19-2003, 09:48 AM
Wally,

Get her something with an electrical cord...LOL...she'll really like it, perhaps a new vacuum cleaner... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I'm always reaching myself, here's a few thoughts-

maybe a super plush bathrobe,

<font color="blue">I like that </font color>

etc.
and
get some jewelry that can be exchanged. If you're not sure, don't get something custom made.

<font color="blue">Don't worry, I won't LOL </font color>

Maybe one of those Spa treatments where you get a makeover &amp; massage

<font color="blue">I thought about that. Women like that stuff.</font color>

(not a massage parlor /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

<font color="blue">That's my present. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

A mini vacation? You might be able to find a package for 3 days in the Bahamas.

<font color="blue">Too much <font color="green">$$$$$$$$$ /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color> </font color>

Eric &gt;ho ho ho <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Eric

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 09:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Wally,

Get her something with an electrical cord...LOL...she'll really like it, perhaps a new vacuum cleaner... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Or a steam iron. Yeah that's it.

Thanks cheese...not /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>
<font color="red">How about a nice digital camera to go with the computer, if she likes computers?

Laura</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Already got one. But thanks. At least you're trying to help, unlike some of these other wiseasses /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~never a wiseass, nope, never /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
12-19-2003, 10:10 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheese................you're not married are you?

Kato~~~not married either but holding out hope.

cheesemouse
12-19-2003, 10:17 AM
Kato,

I've always been to conciderate of other people to get married... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
12-19-2003, 10:26 AM
And the female population thinks you're a great guy for it Cheese. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~not buying a woman an ironing board, vaccuum cleaner, dishwasher, or power drill for Christmas. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cheesemouse
12-19-2003, 10:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> And the female population thinks you're a great guy for it Cheese. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Kato,

I've notice that myself...LOL...the female population not only thinks it, they express it...LOL... Once they get to know me they really appreciate my conciderate bachlorhood...it is a simple life.

...the cheese is now leaving for a weekend of pool and don't have to check with anyone but my hound dog...enjoy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
12-19-2003, 11:11 AM
Wally,

Give her something that'll make her laugh. Like the complete collection of "Far Side" by Gary Larson. Close to 1300 pages of cartoons. It's about $130, but it's a keeper!

Barbara~~~hoping to get a copy...

Tom_In_Cincy
12-19-2003, 11:23 AM
Wally,

Good of you to think in the GIVING sprit. Wally is a good person.

Last minute Gift suggestions.

A "promissary note":

for a nite out, dinner and a movie

or a drive into the country,

or that trip to Indianapolis that you've always talked about.

Sunday morning breakfast treats.

OR, you could go to your friendly computer store and get those little side items for the computer that would make her feel that its hers too. You know, curtins for the windows(LOL)

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 11:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> .....OR, you could go to your friendly computer store and get those little side items for the computer that would make her feel that its hers too. You know, curtins for the windows(LOL) <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah curtains for the Windows will be needed, I hear it comes with a Microsoft Office /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks Tom

Wally_in_Cincy
12-19-2003, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Wally,

Give her something that'll make her laugh. Like the complete collection of "Far Side" by Gary Larson. Close to 1300 pages of cartoons. It's about $130, but it's a keeper!

Barbara~~~hoping to get a copy... <hr /></blockquote>

http://ivis.eps.pitt.edu/bears/images/far-side-bears.gif

Thanks Barbara. I think she would rather have a $130 spa package.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I finally got smart and asked her friends what she was hoping for. Duh /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Did some "power shopping" this morning. One hour and twenty minutes start to finsh.

I spied one of my wrapped gifts yesterday in the garage. I think it's a pool table light. Woo hoo!

Merry Christmas.