PDA

View Full Version : The History of Torture--Daniel P. Mannix

Kato
12-19-2003, 11:08 AM
I was sitting in my office and I'm reading Patricia Cornwell's, "A Portrait of a Killer, The Jack The Ripper Case Closed" in which there are some pictures. So one of our customers walks in and picks up the book and tells me that I should read "The History of Torture".

Does anyone have any experience with this book? The reviews on Amazon seem to be positive but I'm wondering just how gruesome it is and how many people would be scared looking at it in my collection?

Kato

Chris Cass
12-19-2003, 04:08 PM
Spike= no

Heide= no

Me= bigtime

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.

Kato
12-20-2003, 06:54 AM
You slay me Cassman. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato

Rich R.
12-20-2003, 08:30 AM
You may NOT want to leave that book out in the open, the next time you invite a young lady to visit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Kato
12-20-2003, 10:08 AM
You may guess that being an avid reader sometimes it's very difficult to find material. Many times I go on what people recommend. My reading habits run from the silly (Dr. Suess) to the demented (Adolf Hitler) to great disturbed story teller (Edgar Allan Poe) to the hilarious (Tim Dorsey). So when somebody walks up and says "Oh, you're reading about Jack the Ripper, you should try this!!!!" So I check the reviews and people seem to like the way the book is written. Of course I don't know if these are "sort of normal" people like me or people that rape goats.

Kato~~~sometimes you just don't know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
12-20-2003, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Of course I don't know if these are "sort of normal" people like me or people that rape goats.<hr /></blockquote>
I'm not sure which part of this is funnier? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-20-2003, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>
...people that rape goats.... <hr /></blockquote>

Is that normal..well it depends, male or female goats? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wally~~kidding, really /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif , doesn't rape goats or sheep, so don't make a joke about an "Embracable ewe" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif