PDA

View Full Version : Skunk Problem Advice(NoJoke)

Sid_Vicious
12-19-2003, 03:00 PM
I have a tin storage shed which has a hole on one partition that has allowed skunks to come in and most likely populate. Someone told me to set off aeresol bug bombs and get them out that way. Do you have an opinion as to whether this will actually work? The building is about 25' x 25' and I thought about using Enforcer foggers, say 4 or 6 to be thorough. WHat do you figure my chances to be?

There could be bunches of the rascals buried up in the stored articles. I saw the first one way over a year ago and blew it off as nothing. Now I hear that it could be a problem.

Sid

SPetty
12-19-2003, 03:56 PM
Good luck!

We had a skunk under the house once, and the genius I live with decided that the best way to move it along was to spray it with the water hose. You spray it before it sprays you! It worked better than I could have imagined. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-19-2003, 03:56 PM
Sid - this could be a problem. Unless you like to bathe in tomato juice, I would recommend getting an exterminator. Let them get "skunked up"

DG - Merry Christmas

Chris Cass
12-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Hi Sid,

I'd have to agree with dg-in-c. It's worth every penny. Then, I would repair any openings you might find so it never happens again.

BTW, I ran across the picture of you and SPetty the other day as I went down memory road. You both look great. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

PQQLK9
12-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Sid...be careful with those Bug Bombs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20031217-1312-bugs.html

19 bug bombs explode in house
SAN DIEGO They don't call them "bug bombs" for nothing.

A City Heights family took pest control to the extreme today by releasing an excessively heavy fog of insecticide 19 aerosol dispenser cans worth that exploded on contact with a wall heater, San Diego fire officials said.

The 8:45 a.m. blast in the 3700 block of Euclid Avenue blew out a wall and numerous windows in the small bungalow, rendering it uninhabitable for people and roaches alike.

Luckily, the residents, including a toddler, were outside at the time and escaped injury, a dispatcher said.

Investigators set the monetary loss total at about $150,000.

Sid_Vicious
12-20-2003, 08:21 AM
One major problem is that I don't know how many or where they'd be hiding. An exterminator couldn't move all of the junk I have stored, but I guess he could trap them I suppose. Still I wonder about the bug bomb idea, thinking that I could set them off at night when they usually feel like going outside to find food anyway, and then cruise back early-early in the morning to cover their intrance/exit. Those foggers should permeate the depths of the hideouts under the junk, and will maybe kill some mice at the same time. The web also says mothballs and coyote piss is not on their Christmas list by choice either, so I may get some of both to spread around the joint after the bombs go off. Thanks...sid~~~gotsta wrestle Wiley Coyote for a squirt or two :-(

ras314
12-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Might try closing up the shed and running car exgauss in it. If you can find one without all the smog control.