PDA

View Full Version : My apologies to the wonderful members of the CCB

rackmup
04-18-2002, 02:56 PM
This message is to the "regulars" of the CCB. It doesn't apply to the inflammatory "anonymous" posters.

It has been brought to my attention by a regular, through a private message (that will remain private) that my attempts at humorous posts are not appreciated. I'm going to assume that this poster has knowledge of other posters that feel the same, otherwise this poster would not have made the statements to me that this person did.

If I offended anyone, I humbly apologize. If the content of any of my musings were offensive, again, I apologize.

I was having fun...nothing more, nothing less. I received many nice compliments from several of you and for that, I say "thanks."

I am just a pool player like the rest of you. I love the game, those who are a part of it and the "friends" that I have made here. I will now refrain from posting anything other than pool related questions and answers unless...unless I just cannot control the urge to attempt humor! I will try very hard to be a "contributor" to the forum rather than the annoyance that I have apparently become to one person who wasn't afraid to make their name and feelings known.

Regards,

Ken (______________________________________)

bigalerickson
04-18-2002, 03:01 PM
Not that my status as a stranger means much, but from what I read you're musing were at the very least entertaining enough to finish reading.

I even cracked a smile at one point!

Tom_In_Cincy
04-18-2002, 03:04 PM
Ken,
If you get an 'urge' do it.. anyone that would condem your attempts at posting has the right to NOT read them.. and that is all.. UNAPPRECIATED may be their viewpoint, but not the MAJORITY's. I enjoy your post and would miss them if you stopped.

Pool related? maybe not.. but do we always talk about just pool at a pool hall or on league nite?

Rant on Ken.. your post are welcome from my view point...

Retardo
04-18-2002, 03:09 PM
Well personally I'd like to see you post your best material about once a week. Some of your stuff is clever/funny.

I think you got a little too excited from some positive feedback and went a little frantic. So calm down and dont over do it and anyone who complains about that is more than likely jealous.

04-18-2002, 03:22 PM
I'm new, but been here enough that I got out of my way to read your posts. If someone doesn't like them, they shouldn't read them. Keep posting the funny stuff, it really helps brighten up what is an otherwise mundane day at work.

Doctor_D
04-18-2002, 03:37 PM
Good afternoon Ken:

Freedom of speach and expression are Two of our most sacred liberties. Speak your mind; share your thoughts and humor, as well as continue to be one of the most prolific writers on this board. Dr. D looks forward to the day when Pookie has officially earned his Addiction classification.

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

04-18-2002, 04:39 PM
What country are we in?
You know,, screw him/her that is telling you to stop posting certain things. I get a laugh outta some of your postings, and overall, who's getting hurt? For that matter, I think it gets a little stale if it's only pool,pool,pool. You get the picture.

Eric >getting off the soapbox- Next!

cheesemouse
04-18-2002, 05:01 PM
Rackmup,
At first I didn't get it then it dawned on me this is just another level of your humor. LOL LOL Heheehehee LMAOF and looking for a big chunk of Swiss. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Cuemage
04-18-2002, 05:36 PM
Keep um comin I say...

Tha Cuemage

Alfie
04-18-2002, 05:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Freedom of speach and expression are Two of our most sacred liberties. Speak your mind; share your thoughts <hr></blockquote>

Does this go for those inflammatory "anonymous" posters too?

Alfie
04-18-2002, 05:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> I will now refrain from posting anything other than pool related questions and answers unless...unless I just cannot control the urge to attempt humor! <hr></blockquote>
yeah, yeah, yeah ...

Next!

Rod
04-18-2002, 06:08 PM
I had no idea that we are wonderful. Quite a bit of what you write may not help anyone's pool game, but if it makes us laugh it might be just as valuable. I can understand how some may not see it as humorous. I'm easy going and not troubled by what you write.

Barbara
04-18-2002, 06:41 PM
Well Ken,

You've never offended me and never offended me at Ed's site. In fact, you kept you battles to within the confi

nes of yourself and your opponent, which was appreciated.

I have gotten a lot of laughs from your posts and now will only have a problem at taking you seriously with this one.

Go ahead and fess up who the stick-in-the-mud is.

Barbara~~~waiting for the punchline...

cueball1950
04-18-2002, 07:13 PM
this is the U S of A. Freedom to write is what we fought for in all the wars. JUST TELL THEM THAT IF THEY DO NOT LIKE YOUR POSTS. THEN DO NOT READ THEM. THAT SIMPLE. IF THEY PERSIST THEN TELL THEM TO GO TO RUSSIA OR HELL. THEY CAN TAKE THEIR PICK...KEEP EM COMING I SAY.......mike

BillPorter
04-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Ken, I've been a regular reader and sometimes poster on this board for a few months now. Your post have never offended me and are usually clever and amusing. I must admit I have wondered how you find the time to compose some of them and so many of them. And I worried that you might be feeling the need to keep topping yourself; trying to keep up or surpass the humor level of your posts. Hard to believe that anyone was offended....hey, I get it, no one really complained, you're just fishing for support and compliments, right? :&gt;)

stickman
04-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Ken, no apologizes needed here. I've never found any of your posts offensive. However, if you decide to slow down a little bit, my ribs might stop hurting. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

I wouldn't want you to stop. Unlike some of the annoying, offensive anonomous posts, people who are bothered by your posts can simply ignore then. Some anonmous posters contribute some good information. There is no way to distinguish between the contributors and the antagonizers, unless you can memorize all the IPs.

John in NH
04-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Ken,
You have nothing to apologize for, the majority of the people on this board enjoy your posts, if one person has a problem with your posts it's their problem not yours, count me in as one of your supporters, looking forward to your next post.

Sincerely,

John

04-18-2002, 09:06 PM
Ken,
I'm out of town, but a thoughtful friend let me use a computer to check up on everyone here at ccb. Boy am I glad!!!! Who's the whiner ?! Leave Ken alone!!! It's not like you have to read his posts, and SOME OF US could use a little humor in our lives!!!! Ken, I swear to God, if you stop posting, I will hunt you down and make you type jokes for all eternity!!!! Ask your ex, I'm not a woman to be trifled with!!!! (broad wink) Luv Ya, Lorri

PoolFool
04-18-2002, 09:40 PM
Ken, my mother (who died at 92 about 3 years ago) had a saying that I try to live up to every day. "It's a good day when someone makes you laugh. It's a great day when you can make someone else laugh". Smiles are precious. Especially in today's world.
What ever you post I'll read.

PoolFool

Chris Cass
04-19-2002, 02:40 AM
Hi PF,

Your mother makes a lot of sence. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Best Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
04-19-2002, 03:06 AM
Au Gee Ken,

Can't we just take another pole? OK, I admit it, I was the one. Wheh, I feel better now. Seriously Ken, If you stop posting I'll come down to Texas with $1000. and find you. Take you to the bar and I'll make you drink till you pewk on your new boots. I have a way with the ladies you know?

Everyone has the right to say what ever they feel here. If you step on some toes, oh well. I love pool and everything about it. I dream of it and think about it at work. I shoot when I can and am willing to help others with their game. Sometimes, we all lose it and think about what we said later and regret it. I'm sure who ever said this to you must have to feel bad by now.

I'm only gonna say this once because I hate mushy stuff. I think your a very interesting person with a passion to make others laugh with you. It's hard to apologize to everyone here and you didn't have to. I know your sincere because of that reason. I just want to say, your ok with me brother and can partner up with me anyday.

Your Friend,

C.C.~~If this is a joke, I retract mushy things and remain cool to others.

CarolNYC
04-19-2002, 03:46 AM
Hey Ken,
You've brought a smile to my face many times and having met you in Maryland was even more of a plus!I hope that private message was a tactful and respectful one!
Stay well!
Carol~wish I could do graphics like Ken!:)

Rich R.
04-19-2002, 04:03 AM
Ken, your humor has been appreciated by me and I hope whom ever complained is having a better day today. Hopefully, they can take a little joy, whether pool related or not, from this board. They always have the choice to not read your posts. After all, Martha would say, Humor "is a good thing." Rich R.~~~enjoys a good laugh.

Rich R.
04-19-2002, 04:06 AM
Carol, I believe that was a different Ken you met in Maryland. That was Ken in CT. we both met, not Rackmup. Rich R.~~~would have liked to meet Rackmup too.

CarolNYC
04-19-2002, 04:24 AM
Thanks Rich-as Dr. D would say "Must be a senior moment!"I'll buy stronger coffee beans to grind!ha ha ha
Carol~wishes she met rackmup!

TomBrooklyn
04-19-2002, 06:41 AM
I think your pool related humor, as long as it doesn't mock any other posters, is suitable for this forum. I have gotten a kick out of many of those posts.

Ward
04-19-2002, 06:56 AM
Ken

Keep musing I find the post funny... There is an old Korean saying for the sorehead that emailed you "Meon Homdi Da" (spelling) which means "sorry bout that"

Later
Ward

Kato
04-19-2002, 07:04 AM
Figure I'll throw my hat in the ring on this. Post what you like Ken, somebody doesn't like it they don't have to read it. Do what you want, have fun.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
04-19-2002, 07:25 AM
I am the grumpy old man that started all this. Just for the record I never said anything about Ken's posts being offensive. I merely suggested that he might want to slow down a bit.

Q-Guy makes a good point:
------------------------------------------------
Q-Guy quote:
I suppose they prefer reading, for the thousandth time "What tip is the best," or "What is the best cue and why," And the same people giving the same answers for the millionth time.
------------------------------------------------

I agree with that but please understand there are new people dropping by all the time who are seeking information.

Anyway in regards to Ken I have not changed my opinion but I am obviously in the minority. Even now I can see the townspeople coming with torches and pitchforks shouting "Kill the Monster" LOL.

Back to the shadows..........

04-19-2002, 07:48 AM
Is this your 10th or 11th 'fresh start' post? But I agree with your buddies here; if you ever do come across
an idea that is actually funny (not just to you), feel free to post it.
Mike

Rich R.
04-19-2002, 07:55 AM
Don't go too far into the shadows Wally. We're not grabbing the pitchforks and lighting the torches yet. We do appreciate your honesty and agree that this should remain a pool forum for the most part. We just don't mind a little break now and then.
Ken was very prolific this past week and I think most of us were feeling sorry for him, spending his whole vacation at home with his computer. LMAO. I assume he should be getting back to work, on Monday, and things will get back to normal.
Rich R.

stickman
04-19-2002, 07:55 AM
I hope that I don't offend anyone on either side of this issue by saying this, but there is an old saying, something about all things in moderation. I don't remember exactly how it goes.

First of all, Ken, I would hate to see you stop posting the humerous posts. You have an obvious gift for humor. I very much enjoy reading your posts.

Wally, I too had noticed the increased number of Ken's humorous posts, but took into consideration that he was on vacation, and had additional time to exercise the humorous aspect of his mind.

JMHO

Tom_In_Cincy
04-19-2002, 08:08 AM
Good morning Mr. Grumpy
Hope your day is better than yesterday and not as good as tomorrow.

Keep those Humble Opinions coming.. you're still one of my favorite 8 ball players.

maybe your thoughts would change if you had a high speed connection to the internet?

AustinFilAm
04-19-2002, 08:11 AM
Ken,
You're one smart character!!!! What a way of getting a poll, without taking a poll. I'm one of the many lurkers who looks forward to your funny, even the smart a$$ posts. Seriously, you have nothing to apologize for. As matter of fact, I want to thank you for taking the time to humor most of us and making our day brighter. Welcome to Texas!!!!!

04-19-2002, 08:59 AM
Like they say Wally,
No flag, no penalty.

Eric &gt;not in the Natti

Doctor_D
04-19-2002, 09:03 AM
Good morning Wally:

No need to go back into the shadows. You are more then welcome here and, as all of us have the right to, share your opinions and insights regardless of their popularity. Opinions and insights, which are NOT offensive and/or malicous, are integral to our being able to view life beyond established and/or accepted Paradigms

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

stickman
04-19-2002, 09:42 AM
Doctor_D, you made me get out the dictionary. I had heard the word before, but didn't know the meaning for sure. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

From
Merriam-Webster's Vocabulary Builder

paradigm \\ A very clear or typical example showing how something is to be done.
American corporate executives have been forced to ask if Japanese-run companies present a useful paradigm of successful business management.

Paradigm should be used with caution, since it has been overused recently (especially by intellectuals) and it has many closely related and often confusing meanings, including "typical example," "outstanding example," "typical pattern of behavior," and "theoretical framework." Still, it has its uses. Political analysts, for instance, will write that Jimmy Carter's original campaign for the presidency in 1976 serves as a paradigm of late-20th-century political strategy. When we say that modern medicine needs to find new paradigms for health-care delivery, the "excellent example" and "theoretical framework" meanings overlap. Paradigm can also be very close in meaning to paragon, discussed below.

Doctor_D
04-19-2002, 10:05 AM
Good afternoon:

Paradigms, specifically the fact that too many companies and/or individuals become stuck in rutts because they are locked with-in a predetermined and/or learned Paradigm, are the reasons so many companies faulter financially. However; when an organization and/or its personnel are knowledgable and senstive to their existing Paradigms, coupled with the need for modifications and/or the adoption of new or reconfigured Paradigms, they will be in a position to respond rather then react to challenges and situations which are outside their existing Paradigms.

Simple, yet Powerful

Elementary, yet Complex

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

jjinfla
04-19-2002, 01:16 PM
Ken we need the comic relief here from time to time. After all it takes a lot of serious thinking to determine best tip, or cue, and which side of Simonis is up (green side of course). And did I detect a bit of humor in Wally's answer? Maybe he has switched over too. You're both okay in my book. Jake

Chris Cass
04-20-2002, 12:46 AM
Alright Wally,

I'm coming down to Cinci with $1000. and were going to the closest bar and drink till you pewk on your new? I don't know what you guys wear for shoes down there. Love the tv show though. That Lonie Anderson is one fine woman. LOL

Don't go in any shadows,

C.C.~~likes everyone involved....

Chris Cass
04-20-2002, 12:50 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-20-2002, 10:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Alright Wally,

I'm coming down to Cinci with $1000. and were going to the closest bar and drink till you pewk on your <hr></blockquote>

No need C.C. I did that last night /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Come on down anytime though!

Chris Cass
04-20-2002, 10:13 AM
Hi Wally,

Thanks for the invite. If your in Vegas next mth. I'll be there. Good to see you posting.

Regards,

C.C.

04-20-2002, 10:38 AM
Based on the responses so far, I hate to say that maybe Ken is/was posting too much. The problem isn't so much his original stories which are very entertaining, but the flaming posts directed at specific posters. And no, I'm not that one. He seems to exhibit some manic depressive tendancies sometimes - being totally sweet one minute and a red-eyed monster the next, coupled with an obvious high intellect and overly responsive to praise. I've had to work with people like that before, and it's quite a roller coaster ride from day to day and even hour to hour sometimes.

Chris Cass
04-20-2002, 12:32 PM
Naa Anon,

Just a typical pool player with time on his hands.

Regards,

C.C.

rackmup
04-21-2002, 06:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>but the flaming posts directed at specific posters.<hr></blockquote>

Just curious...what posts were "flaming" and who were they directed at? I've teased Patrick but then so have many others. I've also stated that Patrick is more than welcome here, just as you are. I have not lost sight of the fact that this is a PUBLIC FORUM.

Regards,

Ken (manic depressive now in lieu of copious and prolific?)

04-21-2002, 09:07 PM
I do remember some pointed remarks for Tony M. before the new format was implemented. That was disheartening. Tony M. is as good as it gets on the CCB. Tony goes to great lengths to help people here if he can.

rackmup
04-21-2002, 09:38 PM
You've got the wrong Ken or the wrong rackmup. I've never said anything derogotory about Tony.

There is another Ken on the board (not saying it was him) and there was a "rackem" that used to post.

Sorry, but you've got the wrong fella.

Regards,

Ken

rackmup
04-21-2002, 10:04 PM
I did a little research...I checked the archives. I entered "TonyM" into the archive search engine. It brought up EVERY post (of his) in the archives. I read all of them. Of greater importance, I checked MY responses to all posts by "TonyM." Sorry...nothing negative. Not even close.

A "KeninCT" did respond to his posts as did another "Ken." I will leave it to you to do research, Mr. Anonymous, to determine if those posts were negative and are the subject of my supposed "guilt."

I don't want a beef with anyone here. Ever.

I did tease "Patrick" and "Bernie" but I wasn't the only one. Those days are over. In retrospect, I was out of line with both of them.

Regards,

Ken

04-22-2002, 12:59 AM
I checked the archives as well Ken. I found the posts. It was not yours. My bad. I apologize. It was another Ken.---By the way, what did David Wells ever do to you? ---just kidding.

04-22-2002, 01:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr>

I did tease "Patrick" and "Bernie" but I wasn't the only one. Those days are over. In retrospect, I was out of line with both of them.

Regards,

Ken <hr></blockquote>

Hello Ken - it takes courage to 'fess up' sometimes and it's an admirable trait.

I jumped in when I thought your "tease"ing of Patrick was entirely of a ridiculing nature.Although I said previously that I don't necessarily agree with Patrick,it's within me to defend one's opinion and don't we all know that Patrick has his own(opinion).He's been posting for years now and certainly does no harm imo.

Thanks for the effort of making this board a better place to visit.I'll try harder as well.

Have a good one ...

rackmup
04-22-2002, 04:56 AM
No problem. Honest mistake. All is forgiven. No biggie. Big whoop (my kids say that.)

We're only human.

Regards,

Ken

MikeM
04-22-2002, 08:16 AM
Keep 'em coming Ken. I've been out of town for the last week with limited access to the internet. I always look forward to catching up to the CCB after an absence and your posts are often a highlight. I'm much better at humor than I am at pool and I always "get it" when you're goofing off. I've learned a lot from this board and I've laughed a lot too.

MM

09-01-2002, 08:50 PM
what a fag!

nAz
09-01-2002, 09:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> what a fag! <hr></blockquote>

ROTFLMAO

keep posting dont let anyone here change who and what you are.

OnePocketChamp
09-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Ken, you are the one that got me started as a CCB'er, in some foreign countries this would be considered a crime, but all that aside I look forward to viewing your posts and the replys it generates. Keep up your caustic wit, attempts at linguistic interlude and moments of belly-busting humor. The way I see it the more time you spent on the computer the less time you have to practice "one hole" and the more fun I have when we play. Remember, always type, never stroke!!!!! By the way how was your first night in a bed??

09-01-2002, 11:31 PM
hey they don't speak for me man, i enjoy some of the stuff you write, it adds a little flavor to the board. whoever wrote you doesn't have to click on your posts if they don't want to read it.

Fred Agnir
09-02-2002, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: stickman:</font><hr> but there is an old saying, something about all things in moderation. <hr></blockquote>

I think the saying is, "Even Twinkies are good, in moderation."

Hope this helps, especially Ken.

Fred &lt;~~~ good, in moderation

bluewolf
09-02-2002, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;but the flaming posts directed at specific posters.&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Just curious...what posts were "flaming" and who were they directed at? I've teased Patrick but then so have many others. I've also stated that Patrick is more than welcome here, just as you are. I have not lost sight of the fact that this is a PUBLIC FORUM.

Regards,

Ken (manic depressive now in lieu of copious and prolific?)

<hr></blockquote>

humor vs flames hmmm. i think we can tell when someone is teasing patrick or anybody or namecalling. also if we are here long enough, we learn each poster's sense of humor so not to misinterpret

bluewolf

bluewolf
09-02-2002, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> This message is to the "regulars" of the CCB. It doesn't apply to the inflammatory "anonymous" posters.

It has been brought to my attention by a regular, through a private message (that will remain private) that my attempts at humorous posts are not appreciated. I'm going to assume that this poster has knowledge of other posters that feel the same, otherwise this poster would not have made the statements to me that this person did.

If I offended anyone, I humbly apologize. If the content of any of my musings were offensive, again, I apologize.

I was having fun...nothing more, nothing less. I received many nice compliments from several of you and for that, I say "thanks."

I am just a pool player like the rest of you. I love the game, those who are a part of it and the "friends" that I have made here. I will now refrain from posting anything other than pool related questions and answers unless...unless I just cannot control the urge to attempt humor! I will try very hard to be a "contributor" to the forum rather than the annoyance that I have apparently become to one person who wasn't afraid to make their name and feelings known.

Regards,

Ken (______________________________________) <hr></blockquote>

in my book, your humor is always appreciated.just because one person wrote does not mean it represented the whole.there are duds are every list.

sometimes you are almost as funny as cheesemouse &lt;VBG&gt;

bluewolf