PDA

View Full Version : .:: Think I got a VIRUS from this board ::.

Brady_Behrman
12-22-2003, 09:41 AM
I woke up Friday Morning with a Terrible Virus. I didnt do any backups so i guess i am SOL. Anyway, I really think I got it from this board. I dont leave the house much and am always reading the CCB. So therefore the worm_E_FLU virus has taken over...They say it should only last a few days. Beware guys and gals the worm_E_Flu is widespread and Nortons_GOV is running out of fixes..

Take Care
Brady /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Popcorn
12-22-2003, 10:13 AM
How could you get a virus from this board?

roscoe
12-22-2003, 10:43 AM
You cannot get a virus by reading messages. Also, I tried to find a reference to this worm_E_Flu at McAfee but they do not list it.

Roscoe

Rich R.
12-22-2003, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr>How could you get a virus from this board?
<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote roscoe:</font><hr> You cannot get a virus by reading messages. Also, I tried to find a reference to this worm_E_Flu at McAfee but they do not list it.

Roscoe <hr /></blockquote>

Guys, I think Brady's response to both of you will be, "Gotcha!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Perk
12-22-2003, 10:50 AM
Maybe you should stay out of the naughty sites and you wont have this problem.

Cueless Joey
12-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Brady, you are assuming everyone here has a sense of humor and is computer savvy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Get well. Drink a ton of juice. Drink it like you drink beer. Drink until you puke em out.

Popcorn
12-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Do you find it funny to come on to someone's web site and claim you got a virus from it? It is not a very funny joke, but then look at who you are dealing with. If you did it on his web site you get barred for life. I am not so sure he did not have other motives for making the posting. On top of that, it is non pool related, not that that would matter to him.

RAZOR ROG
12-22-2003, 11:10 AM
I just wish Brady would pay a little attention to his F9B site

Chris Cass
12-22-2003, 11:22 AM
I would think about emails. I use a firewall and know very little but I know enough to know it didn't come from here.

C.C.

pooltchr
12-22-2003, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brady_Behrman:</font><hr> I woke up Friday Morning with a Terrible Virus. I didnt do any backups so i guess i am SOL. Anyway, I really think I got it from this board. I dont leave the house much and am always reading the CCB. So therefore the worm_E_FLU virus has taken over...They say it should only last a few days. Beware guys and gals the worm_E_Flu is widespread and Nortons_GOV is running out of fixes..

Take Care
Brady /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>
Come on, people! E-Flu virus!!!!! I had the same thing last week...If it comes from a computer, it's only because someone else had their nasty fingers on the keyboard.

Brady...Cute post! Hope you feel better soon!

tateuts
12-22-2003, 12:32 PM
I got the clap from this broad once.

Oops. Now I see you said "board", sorry! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Chris

Brady_Behrman
12-22-2003, 12:48 PM
What the HeCK are you talking about popcorn..Barred for what..

This one must have just grazed right over your head...

Brady_Behrman
12-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Sorry I mispelled it, check again

worm_e_fluzinagotcha_v2.321

Nortons has the fix now i believe but CNN is saying theres a shortage of fixes..

Chris Cass
12-22-2003, 01:59 PM
Told ya I wasn't too smart. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif This one got me too. I thought you were serious. Well, now that I know your joking let me just say, "JERKWAD"....

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

roscoe
12-22-2003, 02:02 PM
I won't bite on that one. Hustle me once...shame on you....hustle me twice....shame on me.

Roscoe

Ralph S.
12-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Funny Brady, you just didn't string it far enough along or it woulda been a very good joke. For those that haven't met Brady, he is very witty with a good sense of humor. Lighten up a little, the poor boy is sick. LOL.

Popcorn
12-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Didn't someone recently post on your board they seemed to be getting more spam since joining your board? Wasn't the response to them something like, How dare they write something like that on my board, followed by a threat? Either way, this is not pool related and that's my last comment on the subject.

Brady_Behrman
12-22-2003, 02:24 PM
No, nothing of the sort to my knowledge. I am open minded about everything and everything my life stems around pool so anything i say could and usually does have something to do with pool.

Glad that was your last comment..Comments that you made were just because you didn't get the tag lines.. worm_e_FLU (Sure you have heard the news about the FLU)/ nortons_GOV (Government)..

No pun intended, sorry you did not giggle on this one as that is all I was trying to do..Make People Laugh! Laugh all together, Laugh at me, laugh at your neighbor, LAUGH. Holiday spirit brings laughs, stories bring laughs, Lets all LAUGH!

I gotta stay away from Dimetap. Heads spinning

Popcorn
12-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Sorry to say I do have to add another word.

"No, nothing of the sort to my knowledge"

It is difficult to comment since you choose to just lie. What a hypocrite.

Brady_Behrman
12-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Mr. POPCORN,

SactownTom Monitors the forum, thats his baby, I just build and plug. I am not a hypocrate and have not even once got on anyone about their posts. I personally dont care..

Do you just sit there and look for people to jerk around?

Are you upset that the "VIRUS" Joke went over your head? Do you now understand it? If not thats fine..I am sure a few people didnt get it..

This whole thing is rediculous and it probally would have been better left off the Golden Board..

Thanks kernel
Brady

Brady_Behrman
12-22-2003, 03:53 PM
i do..

cheesemouse
12-22-2003, 04:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Sorry to say I do have to add another word.

"No, nothing of the sort to my knowledge"

It is difficult to comment since you choose to just lie. What a hypocrite. <hr /></blockquote>

POPCORNS A GROOOOUCH...POPCORNS aaaaaaa GROUCHHHHHH....hehehehehe...LOL...

Hey, Brady I was told if you stand on your head up against the wall and hold your breath for 180 seconds the the flu will go away...

Chris Cass
12-22-2003, 05:24 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hi Ralph,

I have met Brady in Va. at the Open. Him and his Dad were the greatest and although I dogged him a little I'm sure he knew it was in fun.

Regards,

C.C.~~needs to use more smiley faces. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
12-22-2003, 07:15 PM
Well Rich, all I know is that I'm getting spammed from after signing up to BB's discussion board. I hate this sh#t and wish BB would keep this to himself!!

Barbara

bluewolf
12-22-2003, 07:43 PM
I did not get spammed from there, but then I initially had problems signing up. Finally got in but have not had time to go back.

I know that ww uses aol and he has spam in his box all of the time. I use comcast with outlook express and do not get any. I do not know if there is a spam blocker and I am not aware of it, but I have never gotten any to speak of since using outlook.

I do know that with some programs I have dl for free there is a box checked to get third party stuff. If I left that box checked, I did get business type spam so learned I have to uncheck that box. Same thing happens if you are on yahoo groups or netscape mail.

For awhile on yahoo email groups, yahoo was putting in those checks and you had to click on change preferences and uncllick them. Dont know if there was a box like that when signing onto BB forum, but it is so automatic now for me to uncheck those kind of things, I do it without thinking.

Laura

Brady_Behrman
12-22-2003, 08:24 PM
There is NO WAY you are getting spammed from my site. I wish you would lighten up. If you are indeed, please forward them to me..I find it very unlikely that you get spam from poolplayersparadise.

Brady

Brady_Behrman
12-22-2003, 08:26 PM
ya know i luv ya

Brady

Rich R.
12-23-2003, 05:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Well Rich, all I know is that I'm getting spammed from after signing up to BB's discussion board. I hate this sh#t and wish BB would keep this to himself!!

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>
Barbara, all I can tell you is that I was one of the first few people to register on Brady's PPP site and I have had no increase in spam since that time.

Of course, that does not mean it is not happening to you.

Since I am basically a computer illiterate /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif, I have no idea how spam really works, but in this case, you may want to consider other sources for the problem.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-23-2003, 07:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>

Barbara, all I can tell you is that I was one of the first few people to register on Brady's PPP site and I have had no increase in spam since that time.<hr /></blockquote>

Same here.

BTW I didn't get Brady's joke either /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

He should understand that not everybody is up on the Virus of the Week.

JimS
12-23-2003, 07:44 AM
I'm certainly not puter literate enough to have gotten the joke but I did get that Brady likes to, and knows how to, get silly and that gets him points in my book.

piglit
12-23-2003, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Didn't someone recently post on your board they seemed to be getting more spam since joining your board? Wasn't the response to them something like, How dare they write something like that on my board, followed by a threat? <hr /></blockquote>

yEAH, bABY!! dAMN cAPS lOCK!!

-PIGY

RedHell
12-23-2003, 09:48 AM
First of all...

Sorry to hear about your virus Brady !!! I'm fighting one right now as well and it seems to stick a long time. I feel that this damn bug knows that Xmas is coming and that it will be able to spread easily during the holydays with all the hand shanking and kissing !!!

And now for thosse who didn't get the joke... Loosin'up you missed one, nothing to go wild about.

As for spamming... let's set the clock right.

Spamming is simply mass e-mailing. If you get spamm it's because your e-mail got on a list. How does your e-mail get on lists, well there's many ways. The most common is using bots. Spammers have programs (bots, like in robots) that crawl the web searching for e-mail address. If you register to a newsgroup and post in it, make sure you don't show your mail address. If you join a new BB and fill in the profile with your main address, you're asking for spamm.

How do we fight spamm, first be concious of where you leave your e-mail address... You wouldn't be going around writing your phone number on the wall would you ? Adopt the same attitude online.

Second, get yourself a spamm blocker software (or spamm blocking service from your ISP). They don't always work but they can help.

Third, if you're going to have a very active public online life, get yourself a dummy mail account. You can sign on to Yahoo or hotmail for nothing. Use this to register, if it get spamm you won't really care.

And finaly, don't ever ever show any interest or buy anything that was related to a spamm message. You see, spamm is a business. Spammers makes a lot of money spamming. People will pay great amount of money to get their product advertise by spammers. If we all ignore it and never show interest to product promoted from a spamm, then people and companies will realise that spamming is not a great way to make business and should stop paying spammers.

One last thing, learn to recognize the differences between spamming and news letter, they are different...

Brady_Behrman
12-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Thanks Red,

I just talked to a Doctor Buddy of mine and he said take sudafed, motrin and cough syrup and drink ALOT of water. No Coffee. soda, etc..My symptoms are chest, ears, throat, achy...

So maybe this will help someone else out..

piglit
12-23-2003, 11:44 AM
And, there are "trolls" which can find/ steal your email from the i'net.

Trolls are automated programs that surf forums and copy email addresses, making them available for resale by the troll planter.

Nothing we can do about this, but the dummy email account can receive the crap...

Who can do something about the trolling? The site Admin- displaying paRTIAL EMAILS AND KEEPING (dAMN cAPS lOCK!) up on current e-security!

Good luck to us all!!

-pigg