Post deleted by ccboard_admin

PQQLK9
12-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Googan Spam Alert!!!

ausieplayer
12-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Alert! sure.

Goog_an - an egg ?

Spam - ready cooked tinned meat - unwanted data - or perhaps you had something constructive ?

ausieplayer
12-22-2003, 11:49 AM
Just went to the Philip Morris site and couldn't find their sponsorship / promotions of pool 9-ball or 8- ball ?

I did learn a little on how to give up smoking and will probably have another look (after this one).

__________________________________________________ _________

Thanks for the tip - is their any web based info I could look up that you know of ?

By the way, I could have gone anonymous and phrased my questions completely differenty, perhaps in keeping with this bulletin board format. However I believe that a direct approach is the best approach.

While reviewing this site, which by the way is excellent, I got the impression that combined the regulars would either know - or be - the who's-who of pool/8-ball/9-ball, and that the newbees like me are probably the wanebee players or upcoming players trying to gleen an off the cuff remark or some little insight that might help next time we are just about to play the shot.

I recently took up snooker on the 12' tables. I grew up with a 7' table playing pool at home and am pretty handy on the smaller table. My first reaction to the 12' table was "where are the binoculars", followed shortly by "that should have gone in". So I started practicing.

What I found was that I couldn't properly judge either where to hit the bigger ball or where to strike the cue ball.!(after realising the white didn't exactly go where I wanted it to go).

Initially I was told, and thought, that a lot of practice and repetition would sort me out. I tried a lot of repetition but still didn't have a clue why some of the shots wern't going in. I video'd my shots and I got friends to see where I was going wrong. After visiting local coaches (14 times State Snooker Champion, and 21 times National Billiards Champion) and improving my cueing I still couldn't see the angles so I used a laser line marker to highlite exactly where I should be hitting the ball.

After using the laser 4 or 5 times and potting the ball every time I could turn the laser off and still pot the balls....Now after 20 or 30 times I don't miss. Nor does my 5 year old son.

I am not saying it will work for everyone but hey it does for us.

I am absolutely certain you will benefit by using this device.

Cueless Joey
12-22-2003, 11:53 AM
OK, we'll give you a benefit of a doubt.
Post a picture of your invention.

Cueless Joey
12-22-2003, 12:49 PM
http://community.webshots.com/s/image7/8/13/81/105981381zImdom_ph.jpg
Here's Jeff's Angle Mate. Angle Mate (http://community.webshots.com/s/image7/8/13/81/105981381zImdom_ph.jpg)

woody_968
12-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Link says I dont have permission.

I hate feeling like Rudolph at Christmas time /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
12-22-2003, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> Link says I dont have permission.

I hate feeling like Rudolph at Christmas time /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks. No need though as long as the pic here sticks.
Interesting product though. I think instructors could use this product.

woody_968
12-22-2003, 01:46 PM
Thanks Joey, but I cant see the pic either /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Must be something with my computer.

Cueless Joey
12-22-2003, 01:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> Thanks Joey, but I cant see the pic either /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Must be something with my computer. <hr /></blockquote>
That's odd. I can see the picture.

Rod
12-22-2003, 01:53 PM
I can't see it either, I have a red x. It could be my settings but I can see most any picture posted here.

Cueless Joey
12-22-2003, 01:57 PM
http://simplealbum.com/j/o/joeygonzogocom/My%20Pics.dir/105981381zimdom_ph.jpg
Hmn, how bout this?

Rod
12-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Yep that works. Interesting gadget.