PDA

View Full Version : Texas Justice...

Chris Cass
12-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Hi Everyone,

On the tv show Texas Justice with Judge Larry Joe Doughty there was one gentleman suing another guy for $871.00 in medical bills resulting from a punch in the mouth over a pool game at the local pool hall.

The gentleman that got his lip split open had called a foul on the bully for shooting a double kiss shot. The bully called a foul on the other guy for not calling the soft rail.

Well, the judge called in an expert witness, the Texas Tornado Vivian V. They had a pool table in the courtroom and both litigants set up the shots that were fouls. Well, Vivian told both of them they didn't know what a double kiss was. LOL

The bully claimed a double kiss which was actually a shot to where his opponent used hi ball and jar'd the ball in the called pocket, the cb followed and tapped it in.

The other guy had the 8ball off slightly on a siderail and near the corner pocket. He hit the rail first and made the shot. So basically, they were both wrong and Vivian pointed that out without question. She even woof'd at them telling them they would only get one shot playing her.lol

It was rumored in the courtroom that SPetty, Spiderman, OPC and eg8r were playing on the next table over. Seems SPetty was selling a jump cue that didn't work, Spiderman was taking digital pictures, OPC was torturing eg8r in a friendly game of one pocket. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif With money won from Ken. hahahaha Just rumor though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~I heard Texas rules were tough. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
12-22-2003, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was rumored in the courtroom that SPetty, Spiderman, OPC and eg8r were playing on the next table over. Seems SPetty was selling a jump cue that didn't work, Spiderman was taking digital pictures, OPC was torturing eg8r in a friendly game of one pocket. With money won from Ken. hahahaha Just rumor though. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, funny rumor going around. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Actually I miss the 1p beatings inflicted by OPC. I have been back in Orlando for about 4 months, and have yet to play the first game of 1p. I guess it would be fair to say I have only been to the pool hall once since I have been back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r

Rod
12-22-2003, 01:15 PM
I've seen that happen many times where neither player had a grasp on the game or what certain shots were called. You know it's tough to sell a hoppy that don't hop! Still trying to pass that thing off on someone. LOL

Barbara
12-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Unbelievable!! I'm watching it now. I wonder how the judge knew VV or how much they paid for her appearance.

Barbara

SPetty
12-22-2003, 03:28 PM
I just read this, then found it on TV, but it's some lady suing her vet over her dog! I'm guessing that it's two episodes in a row and I missed the good one!

Thanks for the review, CC!

Ralph S.
12-22-2003, 03:33 PM
Hey C.C., if neither one actually knew what the hell was going on, Vivian was probably right. Neither one would get a shot against her.

Ralph S.&gt;would like to play his favorite female pro, but probably wouldnt get a shot either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Barbara
12-22-2003, 04:00 PM
SPetty,

It was the second half-hour segment.

Barbara

Chris Cass
12-22-2003, 05:04 PM
Hi eg8r,

Well it looks like I'm going to have to come down to Fla and get you out of the house. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Glad you can take a joke.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.

Chris Cass
12-22-2003, 05:09 PM
Hi Barbara,

It was too cool. Still I wish it wasn't over a fight but it's notoriety all the same. I watch every judge show there is. LOL Everytime I watch that particular show I think of all the Texas ccbers. LOL

I don't know? Probably scale for actors??? Jonny K. told me Jennett Lee gets $8000. a showing but I've found out Jonny's voice gets muffled when he sits down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~wish there were a judge from PA and needed a TD and a cuemaker. hahahaha hmmmm

Chris Cass
12-22-2003, 05:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr>
Ralph S.&gt;would like to play his favorite female pro, but probably wouldnt get a shot either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

My favorite watched me play but I never got the pleasure of playing her. All the same I was extremely honored. BTW, V.V. stopped in the same event and announced she'd give anyone the 7 ball. She quickly backed down from that offer. The cool thing was she stopped in too. She definitely knows how to get attention. hahahaha There's nothing more scary than a pool player with confidence.

Regards,

C.C.

pooltchr
12-23-2003, 06:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr>
Ralph S.&gt;would like to play his favorite female pro, but probably wouldnt get a shot either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I played her once in a charity event. I did get one shot, but it was a two rail kick. Got a good hit, but left her out. Still, she is so much fun to be around.

Steve---thinks losing to VV in a charity event is just like winning!

eg8r
12-23-2003, 06:47 AM
Come on down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~have been playing 10x more ping pong than pool

Chris Cass
12-23-2003, 08:10 AM
hmmmmm,

What ya givin up? LOL J/K, I can't fade the serve.

Regards,

C.C.~~seen ping pong at a pro level around 1984, awesome stuff.

Qtec
12-23-2003, 08:13 AM
Ping Pong??? You mean Table tennis I think.

I,m surprised you can find anybody to play with you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, I saw a documentary the other day about the Terminator campaign. What a joke. I have never seen anything more contrived and phoney as that.
Is it true that one man[ Issa?] started the whole thing about the recall?

I find it amazing that you can have an election and vote somebody in and then 3 months later because one man is not pleased with the result, uses his millions to nulify a democratic election.
Is this the the new Reps? First Florida 2000 and now this.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Its no coincidence that Arnolds campaign manager works for Jeb Bush.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-23-2003, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
I,m surprised

<font color="blue">I'm surprised you have never figured out the difference between a comma and an apostrophe /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

BTW, I saw a documentary the other day about the Terminator campaign. What a joke. I have never seen anything more contrived and phoney as that.
Is it true that one man[ Issa?] started the whole thing about the recall?

I find it amazing that you can have an election and vote somebody in and then 3 months later because one man is not pleased with the result, uses his millions to nulify a democratic election.

<font color="blue">The people voted Davis out. Money isn't everything. Money could not buy Huffington a Senate seat nor could it buy Perot the Presidency. </font color>

Is this the the new Reps? First Florida 2000 and now this.

<font color="blue">To reiterate, every recount showed that Bush won Florida. </font color>

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Its no coincidence that Arnolds campaign manager works for Jeb Bush. <hr /></blockquote>

JimS
12-23-2003, 09:28 AM
Recounts done by his brothers henchmen. Do not believe ANYTHING that any upper level politician says...not ever. They have to do too many "favors" to get to that level in politics...that's just how you get there. By the time they're at that level they have no ethics left. They do what they are told. Kennedy didn't, the rest have ever since. That's the truth. Don't need to prove it. That's the way that business is.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-23-2003, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> Recounts done by his brothers henchmen.

<font color="blue">Recounts were done by several newspapers around the state and every one showed Bush to be the winner. And that doesn't even include the absentee military ballots that were disallowed which would have been overwhelmingly pro-Bush. Don't let your partisanship blind you. </font color>

Do not believe ANYTHING that any upper level politician says...not ever.

<font color="blue">Can't argue with that. Anybody with half a brain is skeptical of politicians. </font color>

They have to do too many "favors" to get to that level in politics...that's just how you get there. By the time they're at that level they have no ethics left. They do what they are told. Kennedy didn't,

<font color="blue">Oh please. You don't really believe that still do you? </font color>

the rest have ever since. That's the truth. Don't need to prove it.

<font color="blue">No we certainly don't want to prove anything. Let's just form our beliefs blindly. </font color>

That's the way that business is.

<font color="blue">Are you Sid's brother? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Chris Cass
12-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Hi SPetty,

Today on Extreme Dating not that I watch that stuff but this guy brought his date to Hollywood Billiards to play pool. I'm thinking it was California? Anyway it looked like someones house? It even had a couch there. This dufuss took his shirt off and gave her a lap dance (never had one but it looks interesting ) then he gets on top of the pool table and tries to show off but hits his head on the lights. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope I don't see that in our hall. Bad enough when the Color of Money came out the googans are still twirling cues. Sounds harmless but the Szamboti gets hurt I might have to hurt someone. Well, maybe K-Mom, I can't hurt a fly right now. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~hope that wasn't Mark in the other thread????

Qtec
12-23-2003, 10:38 AM
HaHaHa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally, I want to nominate this quote as 'quote of the year'.

Wally,

"Don't let your partisanship blind you." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

you are so close. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
12-23-2003, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> HaHaHa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally, I want to nominate this quote as 'quote of the year'.

Wally,

"Don't let your partisanship blind you." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

you are so close. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q
<hr /></blockquote>

Is that the best you can do? I notice you didn't address the Florida issue, you just insinuated that I was drinking Republican purple Kool-Aid.

Qtec
12-23-2003, 11:08 AM
I've already been over that. Florida was a swindle. Everybody knows that and if you dont its only because you dont want to admit itto yourself. Anyway,we all know who had the most votes overall.

Niether GW nor AS have any idea what they are doing except doing what they are told.They are not real polotitians,they are puppets.

Didnt the people vote Dean in? Why another election?

Arnold is BSer.Just goes to show how cynical the voters have become when they vote for fantasy persona believing he will make it all better.
Talk about desperate.
Q

Cueless Joey
12-23-2003, 11:21 AM

Arnold is BSer.Just goes to show how cynical the voters have become when they vote for fantasy persona believing he will make it all better.
Talk about desperate.
Q <hr /></blockquote>
You are not going to make a stupid argument EX-governor Davis was really good, are you?
I am amazed you are a few thousand miles away from California and be an expert on California politics.
Were the California voters desperate? You said it.
Joey~ Glad Gumby Davis is Gone~

Wally_in_Cincy
12-23-2003, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I've already been over that. Florida was a swindle. Everybody knows that and if you dont its only because you dont want to admit itto yourself.

<font color="red">Are you that thick? Let me say it again: </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <font color="blue">Recounts were done by several newspapers around the state and every one showed Bush to be the winner. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Are you saying this is not true? Where is your proof? </font color>

Anyway,we all know who had the most votes overall.

<font color="red">That is completely and totally irrelevant. That's not how the Presidential election works. </font color>

Niether GW nor AS have any idea what they are doing except doing what they are told.They are not real polotitians,they are puppets.

<font color="red">We shall see. They said the same thing about Reagan. </font color>

Didnt the people vote Dean in? Why another election?

<font color="red">You mean Davis? He was recalled by the "people" according to California law. Do you understand that? </font color>

Talk about desperate.
Q

<font color="red">I think you just want to see me have an apoplectic fit /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

JimS
12-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Recounts smcheeecounts. Inside job. My statement about politicians should have made you aware that I am not partisan. They are all liars and crooks by the time they get to national office and probably much before that.

Don't need any proof of what I'm saying Wally. Proof would be needed only if I wanted to convince you or someone else and the honest truth is that I could care less whether you are convinced of anything I say or believe in. I'm stating what I believe. Period. Most of what folks believe is not not proveable but we continue to believe it anyway because it just fits our overall scheme of things.

I might be Sids brother. I do like where he's coming from.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-23-2003, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> Recounts smcheeecounts. Inside job.

<font color="blue">The papers would have liked nothing better than to prove Gore the winner because it would have been a great story, yet they couldn't. </font color>

My statement about politicians should have made you aware that I am not partisan. They are all liars and crooks by the time they get to national office and probably much before that.

Don't need any proof of what I'm saying Wally. Proof would be needed only if I wanted to convince you or someone else and the honest truth is that I could care less whether you are convinced of anything I say or believe in.

<font color="blue">I believe in Bigfoot </font color>

I'm stating what I believe. Period. Most of what folks believe is not not proveable but we continue to believe it anyway because it just fits our overall scheme of things.

I might be Sids brother. I do like where he's coming from. <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
12-23-2003, 09:40 PM
"i Mfume, NAACP President &amp; CEO, said the lawsuit is part of an effort to "restore justice to the thousands of black and other voters who were denied the right to have their vote counted on November 7, 2000." Mfume said: "There was evidence of massive voter disenfranchisement of people of color during the presidential election. The election in Florida was conducted in a manner which was unfair, illegal, immoral and undemocratic."

Starting on Election Day, the NAACP national and Florida offices, as well as many other civil rights organizations, received calls from black voters and others who had been turned away from the polls or had trouble casting their ballots. Civil rights lawyers were immediately sent to Florida to interview witnesses and on November 11, 2000, the NAACP held a hearing in Miami to highlight the extent of the violations of state and federal law

September 3, 2002
Settlement Reached in Florida Election Lawsuit
MIAMI, FL Settlement agreements in NAACP v. Harris, S.D. Florida, were presented today to federal district court Judge Alan S. Gold for his consideration,

The Plaintiffs, including the NAACP and numerous Florida voters, sought changes in voter registration and election-day practices by the Defendants, who include the Secretary of State, and the Director of the Division of Elections. In separate agreements, the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, the Department of Children and Families, and Hillsborough and Orange Counties also agreed to make improvements that all parties believe will avoid many of the problems that prevented some voters from being able to vote in the November, 2000 election. All of the agreements must be approved by the Court before taking effect.

As part of the agreements the state and counties will take concrete steps to improve how citizens vote throughout Florida, including significant changes in maintaining the central voter database, improved pollworker training and staffing, alternative voting procedures and voter registration procedures.

Wallace McDonald's experience, for example, was not uncommon. He was informed before the election that he would be taken off Hillsborough County's registration rolls because he was a felon. Knowing that he had never been convicted of a felony, he attempted to prove his innocence prior to the election to no avail. Finally, through this litigation, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) admitted that they did not have any way of determining whether he really had a felony conviction. He can now vote in the September primary. Discovery in the litigation revealed that 4,542 voters appealed to FDLE in 1999 - 2000 after being told by their Supervisor of Elections that they had felony convictions and could not vote. FDLE ultimately concluded that 2,336 or 51% were not felons."

The 'Fiasco'was deemed to have been caused by incompetence. I would say 'wilfull negligence with malice'.

There is no doubt in my mind that the 2000 election was stolen. GW ended up winning by +- 500 votes out of a total of almost 6 million votes cast.

Q

Qtec
12-23-2003, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are not going to make a stupid argument EX-governor Davis was really good, are you?
<font color="red"> No. </font color>
I am amazed you are a few thousand miles away from California and be an expert on California politics <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red"> Did I ever say I was an expert? </font color>

In the first place there is all this hype and histeria about the Cal. debt.I dont see the Reps up in arms about the massive debt GW is building up. Hypocracy??
Ok, so Cal has this problem and someone needs to fix it. Who would be the best candidate? Maybe someone with experience,qualifications,intelligence,who is non-partisan and most importantly someone who genuinely thinks he can make a difference for the good of all the people.

Who do you get? The Terminator. A man who admires Hitler ,a woman groper who cant keep his hands to himself.
When Arnold got elected the first reaction over here was first amazement and then laughter.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
12-24-2003, 07:29 AM
...There is no doubt in my mind that the 2000 election was stolen. ...<hr /></blockquote>

You're entitled to your opinion /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-24-2003, 07:33 AM

"...GW ended up winning by +- 500 votes out of a total of almost 6 million votes cast.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Hey dinkus, check this out. Red counties voted for Bush, blue for Gore

http://www.oakparkgop.org/imgs/e2000map.jpg

Chris Cass
12-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Hi Qtech,

Do me a favor? If your going to hijack a thread atleast change the subject title.

C.C.

Qtec
12-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Chris, Wally started it. I,m innocent!

Q