PDA

View Full Version : 2004 BCA Hall of Fame Nominations

9 Ball Girl
12-23-2003, 08:05 PM
2004 BCA Hall of Fame Ballots
Actor Jerry Orbach scheduled to attend ceremony to honor inductees

The Billiard Congress of America is pleased to announce the candidates for the 2004 BCA Hall of Fame ballots.

Nominated in the Greatest Players category are:

Allen Hopkins
Ewa Mataya Laurance
Earl Strickland

Nominated in the Meritorious Service category are:

George Balabushka (legendary cue maker)
Terry Bell & Larry Hubbart (founders of the American Poolplayers Association)
Maurice Daly (billiard player, instructor and promoter)

You can read more on AZBilliards (http://www.azbilliards.com/2000pressrelease.cfm?id=225)

Popcorn
12-23-2003, 08:41 PM
I could think of a better list, but my vote would be for:
Hopkins and
Maurice Daly

Ralph S.
12-23-2003, 09:51 PM
Jose Parica should have been on the players list of inductees. I just received my January 2004 issue of BD and the feature article on Parica is awesome.

I just want to make it clear that I am not campaigning for Parica because of the article. Anybody that knows anything about pool and of Parica's accomplishments in the game, knows he is deserving.

dg-in-centralpa
12-23-2003, 10:02 PM
I just got my issue as well. I agree with you on Jose. I saw him last year at VF. He was incredible. He crushed Earl Strickland. From the list, my choice would be Hopkins, Ewa, Balabushka.

DG - For What It's Worth

Rich R.
12-24-2003, 05:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> I just want to make it clear that I am not campaigning for Parica because of the article. Anybody that knows anything about pool and of Parica's accomplishments in the game, knows he is deserving. <hr /></blockquote>
I saw the article, but didn't read it yet. I don't know about all of his accomplishments.
I do know, he is one of my favorite players to watch. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RailbirdJAM
12-24-2003, 06:59 AM
I agree that Jose Parica is a very qualified candidate for the BCA Hall of Fame. However, it is ONLY the BCA Hall of Fame Committee's votes that matter, a committee consisting of mainly pool media.

The following are the voting members of the BCA Hall of Fame Committee:

Tom Shaw
(Chairman, HOF Committee, AND Pool and Billiards Magazine)
Conrad Burkman, (National Billiards News)
J.R. Calvert (Publisher, InsidePOOL Magazine)
John Nusser (J-S Sales)
Mike Panozzo (Luby Publishing, Billiards Digest Magazine)
Mike Shamos (The Billiards Archive)
Stephen Ducoff (Staff Liaison to HOF Committee AND
Executive Director of the BCA)

There are many worthy prospective candidates, but there will always be a next time.

Bravo to Billiards Digest for writing a WONDERFUL article about Jose Parica, the man who started the Filipino Invasion, first-ever WPC champion, a road warrior who still ends up in the winner circle today more times than not.

RailbirdJAM

Troy
12-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Just wondering why Mike Massey is not in the HOF ??? He must be one of the all-time-great ambassadors for this sport.

Troy