PDA

View Full Version : I'm dreaming of a white

cueball1950
12-23-2003, 10:11 PM
I'm dreaming of a whote Xmas. We have had over 30 inches of snow this year so far and it looks like the ground won't be white for xmas. bad for the grandchildren and santa's sleigh. will have to put wheels on it to land here...lol........................................ ...mike

Tom_In_Cincy
12-23-2003, 11:07 PM
Snow? what is that? I see those little flake like symbols on the weather maps.. in the north east and mid west..

And Winter just got started Monday?

Always thinking of my CCB friends when I see the wintery weather forecast..

Hope everyone has a great holiday season.

bluewolf
12-24-2003, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> I'm dreaming of a whote Xmas. We have had over 30 inches of snow this year so far and it looks like the ground won't be white for xmas. bad for the grandchildren and santa's sleigh. will have to put wheels on it to land here...lol........................................ ...mike <hr /></blockquote>

Dont worry,mike. if santa cannot do it, I am sure the mals will help him, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LAURA

Wally_in_Cincy
12-24-2003, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Snow? what is that? <hr /></blockquote>

I'm guessing you also do not miss ice on the ground either, considering your encounter with it a couple of years ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Broke his elbow in 3 places yes he did. Bummer.

Barbara
12-24-2003, 08:57 AM
Hey Mike!

It's 55 degrees and raining here!! Yesterday it got up to 62 degrees!!

Okay, I'm not too fond of the cold, but I'll be fit to be tied if I can wear shorts on Christmas!

Have a great Christmas!

Barbara

Tom_In_Cincy
12-24-2003, 10:12 AM
Wally,

ICE... NO... not unless I want to drive 80+ miles to Reno, they have snow and ice there right now..... but I guess it's normal when you're at 6,000 feet above sea level.

In Sacramento, it's only 26 feet above sea level and FLAT.

I keep getting reminded about my ICE accident everytime the weather changes. Sore Elbow after 3 years.

Kato
12-24-2003, 10:14 AM
It's about 80 hear and overcast.

I've never seen a white Christmas and to be honest have no intention of ever doing so.

Kato~~~hates the cold.

Tom_In_Cincy
12-24-2003, 10:18 AM
As long as your in the kitchen and Victoria's Secret, when would you have time to see any snow? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

White Christmas' are over-rated IMO. All it takes for me is the family being healthy and happy. That's my goal all year long.

Keith Talent
12-24-2003, 05:38 PM
This will be the fourth straight White Christmas up at our joint in the Catskills. In fact, 3 out of 4 Thanksgivings have been white, too. Believe it or not, in only one winter did we see the ground between December and mid-March ... you'd love it, Kato!

I like to break out the snowshoes now and then, but winter's mighty loooong up there, I'll tell ya. Think I need to get a new snow shovel to dig out the old one, which is stuck in a shed that's already surrounded by a waist-high plowed-up mass.

This is about 90 miles southwest of Mike, but 2,500 feet up.