PDA

View Full Version : am I the only one here?

Iowashark
12-24-2003, 09:30 AM
Not only do I feel like the only person here at the office, I feel like the only one on the CCB.

Is everyone gone for the holidays? (notice I was politically correct)

~~Dave

Kato
12-24-2003, 09:33 AM
I'm here Dave. I never leave. I'm also at work but I actually have done and have things to do /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The CCB is usually a ghost town on Holidays and Saturday mornings /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~~boo!!!!!!!!!

Iowashark
12-24-2003, 09:36 AM
On the plus side, I did get an exceptional parking spot this morning /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pretty sad when that's the highlight of my day.

~~Dave

stickman
12-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Kato is too busy trying not to burn his cookies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-24-2003, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I'm here Dave. I never leave.

<font color="blue"> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You and me both. I check in every couple of hours when I'm at work. </font color>

I'm also at work but I actually have done and have things to do /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

<font color="blue">Yep. Me too. Doing some 3D CAD today. At least it's challenging. I'm working on the MPAC, Miami Performing Arts Center. Have you heard of it. It's a total cluster-f*** /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

The CCB is usually a ghost town on Holidays and Saturday mornings /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="blue">Yeah I work Saturdays and it's really dead. Fran used to stop by on Saturdays and chat but alas, no more. The trolls ran her off. </font color>

Kato~~~~boo!!!!!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
12-24-2003, 09:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Iowashark:</font><hr> On the plus side, I did get an exceptional parking spot this morning /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pretty sad when that's the highlight of my day.

~~Dave <hr /></blockquote>

I went out on the patio at home for my morning smoke and it was so quiet. No cars on the road at all. At least I had an easy drive in.

Kato
12-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Everything in Miami is a clusterf*ck and to me a total nightmare.

Kato~~~is used to seeing Wally on Saturdays

Wally_in_Cincy
12-24-2003, 09:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Kato is too busy trying not to burn his cookies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Are you making summer sausage with venison? I had some good fresh smoked venison in PA Thanksgiving weekend.

Keith Talent
12-24-2003, 09:43 AM
Yer not alone, Dave. I'm looking over at the tree and listening to the rain slam down behind me ... and waiting for the spouse to come back so I can get in some last-moment shopping before I go off to work later. Parking's impossible here, so I'll be taking the A train or the C. High point of my day ... getting a good standing spot by the first door of the first car of the C (or third door on the A) and getting up to the street first! You're way ahead of me today. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-24-2003, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Everything in Miami is a clusterf*ck and to me a total nightmare.
<hr /></blockquote>

LOL

Iowashark
12-24-2003, 09:44 AM
I guess I shouldn't have said it was the highlight of my day. It is only 10 am here, the day is still young!

~~Dave&lt;&lt;&lt; hopes to have many more highlights today

Tom_In_Cincy
If I was still back east, I would be enjoying the day off. But, out here, this isn't a holiday.

Glad I have CCB to keep me company.

Kato
Kato is mustering up the courage to go buy one last gift and go BACK to the grocery store.

Kato~~~is sadly missing one ingredient to make cheesecake and has spent several hours grocery shopping this week.

Iowashark
12-24-2003, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> If I was still back east, I would be enjoying the day off. But, out here, this isn't a holiday.

Glad I have CCB to keep me company. <hr /></blockquote>

I know what you mean, it seems there's no such thing as a holiday 'season' around here...just holiday 'day'. I get 2 days off, Dec 25th, and Jan 1st. Luckily next year Christmas and New Year's Day are on Saturdays. Who needs those pesky days off work anyways.

~~Dave

Wally_in_Cincy
12-24-2003, 09:53 AM
http://www.pacfmiami.org/center.html

In the picture on the left see the angled glass walls. I'm drawing those in 3d in order to design the metal framing parts so they fit together.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-24-2003, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Kato~~~is sadly missing one ingredient to make cheesecake .. <hr /></blockquote>

you slay me /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stickman
12-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Alas, I made ground chuck. My trophy buck was ruined by the butcher. At least my mount was good, but all the meat was spoiled. I intended to kill a doe, but my stroke brought me other plans. I still count my blessings. I'm just glad to be able to make it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kato
12-24-2003, 10:11 AM
Cool. The City of Miami is supporting the Hamiltucky job market. No wonder they're broke.

That's pretty neat Wally.

Kato~~~is never going there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato
12-24-2003, 10:36 AM
VP just walked into my office and informed me that I could leave at 1 p.m. Ain't that awesome!!!!!!!!! I'm going to finish my Christmas shopping, make my cakes, wrap my presents and still have time to take a nap before going out to play pool tonight!!!!!!!!! Life is good.

Kato

Sid_Vicious
12-24-2003, 10:38 AM
I'm here, just been busy on the Brunswick in the living room, AT HOME ;-) sid

stickman
12-24-2003, 10:42 AM
That's the Christmas spirit!!!

Ralph S.
12-24-2003, 11:05 AM
Don't woory, you are not alone.

UWPoolGod
12-24-2003, 11:35 AM
I am at work also..taking a half day. I wish the holidays could be year round...the commute was exceptional this morning. Makes a big difference when 46871463476457 cars get off the road.

Eric.
12-24-2003, 12:13 PM
now. Work is done for the day.

Eric &gt;hoping everyone has a Happy

Wally_in_Cincy
12-24-2003, 12:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> now. Work is done for the day.
<hr /></blockquote>

slacker /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ras314
12-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Got to digging around in my deepfreeze and found some elk back strap left! Going to eat well Christmas. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

A friend in Fla had his buck soured by the butcher also, ought to be grounds for a law suit.

stickman
12-25-2003, 12:43 AM
Elk backstrap!!! To die for!!! I haven't tried Axis deer, but hear it's the best. I heard a guy breeds them a few miles from here. There isn't a season for them though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bluewolf
12-25-2003, 05:53 AM
Dave,

We leave this morning to travel and I am leaving my laptop home for 4 days to be back sunday night. I think you will find that those who stayed home for the holidays may be on here a little through the weekend, but traffic will be light.

Merry Christmas to you and Happy Howladays.

Laura

ras314
12-25-2003, 11:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Elk backstrap!!! To die for!!! I haven't tried Axis deer, but hear it's the best. I heard a guy breeds them a few miles from here. There isn't a season for them though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>
This is from a large dry cow, hung it in a friends cooler for 2 weeks. So tender you can literaly cut it with a fork. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Was some exotic game on an island off the NW Fla coast, never drew a permit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Then they used it for the red wolf program or something so no more hunting. Not sure what the status is now.