PDA

View Full Version : Keith McCready autograph

Kato
12-24-2003, 11:15 AM
I really want to thank Keith for mailing me his autographed pic. He didn't have to, didn't want money, just wanted to spread cheer. So thanks Keith (if you're reading this) for my Christmas present, I'll be framing it and hanging it in my library. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
12-24-2003, 11:48 AM
I got my Christmas present yesterday too. I guess the USPS is still fairly efficient despite the holidays

Wally~~hanging it next to Fran Crimi and Dawn Hopkins

Ralph S.
12-24-2003, 03:18 PM
I received mine two days ago. Thanks Keith, I really appreciate it.

Barbara
12-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Where?? When?? How???

Okay, I'll wait 'til the Super Billiards Expo to snag one.

Barbara

SPetty
12-25-2003, 06:34 AM
Rarely, every now and then, not very often, I miss being part of the inner CCB circle of cool people....

jjinfla
12-25-2003, 10:07 AM
Are these the same people who ridiculed me for seeking autographed cue balls? Couldn't be. I must be delirious, it must have been other people, or I had too much CR or JD. But now you realize the true value of a prized collected item. And it is not in how much you paid for it or what you can sell it for but in the memories it brings you. On my display rack of Cue Balls I also have a few 1oz Maple Leaf gold coins and even though their value is higher I prize the Cue Balls more. Neither are for sale. Of course if gold gets to $800 an ounce again I may have a change of heart.
A friend here, while in Vegas with the APA, had a shirt signed by a bunch of pros and the Keithster's signature is across the back. It is prominently displayed in his pool room. You should see his face light up when he shows it off.

Merry Christmas to one and all,

Jake
-25-

Ralph S.
12-26-2003, 02:25 AM
Hello JJ. No, I am not one of the people that disagreed with you collecting autographed cueballs. My beef was about the way I seen Mike Sigel cop an attitude about signing for a young kid.

I collect certain memoribillia myself. My complaint was against Sigel, not you.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-29-2003, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Rarely, every now and then, not very often, I miss being part of the inner CCB circle of cool people.... <hr /></blockquote>

SPetty,

It has nothing to do with CCB. Keith posted at AZB that he would send an autographed picture to the first 10 people that emailed him.

You're just not quite the forum junkie that me and Kato are /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And I think you're cool /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

if you email him he would probably send you one.
khmccready@aol.com IIRC

Kato
12-29-2003, 07:00 AM
I'm fairly positive I never dogged anyone for their collections or even posted on the subject. Just really wanted to thank Keith for his kindness.

Kato

RailbirdJAM
12-29-2003, 08:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>It has nothing to do with CCB. Keith posted at AZB that he would send an autographed picture to the first 10 people that emailed him. You're just not quite the forum junkie that me and Kato are.:D And I think you're cool.;)if you email him he would probably send you one.khmccready@aol.com IIRC<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the nice post, Wally and Kato.

I was the elf who helped Keith spread his Christmas cheer. Even though he cut it off at 10, he was so overwhelmed by the Christmas cheer he received back from the 73 e-mails that he sent an autographed picture to every single one.

Keith will be at Derby City Classic -- http://www.DerbyCityClassic.com -- so just come up to Keith or myself and introduce yourself and mention this CCB post. Keith would be happy to make sure anyone who did not get an autographed picture, and would like one, may receive one at that time.

It is folks like you who make Keith's world special, and he truly just wanted an opportunity to express his thanks.

RailbirdJAM

Kato
12-29-2003, 08:33 AM
I had a feeling you were behind it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

cueball1950
12-29-2003, 12:21 PM
what can i say. you and Keith are a real honest class act. No wonder we love ya so much. See you at derby city hopefully......................................mik e

SPetty
12-29-2003, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> You're just not quite the forum junkie that me and Kato are <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well, someone's got to keep tabs on the real world!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I saw the AZ post, but knew I wouldn't be one of the first 10... I guess, based on RailbirdJAM's later post, that I should have responded anyway!

RUNaRAK
12-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Got mine too. Thanks Keith and JAM. I appreciate the picture and will frame it for my pool room. I will be sure to look you up at the DCC and say hello.

Peace,

Joe Koontz

billiards_89
01-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi, Just would like to share this. Myself and my 6 yr old son went to the Adams Mark in Phiily about 4 months ago for there tournement. My son loved it and plays pool as well ( makes up his own rules ball in hand after every shot) Well we where watching Keith just hitting balls and barking away. I told my son to ask him for the 5 ball.. He over heard him and said step right up son. Well lets put it this way my son was so happy, Keith handed my son his cue and said hit some balls with it... Showed him to stand a different way, and told him if he made this ball he would get some $$. Well my son made this shot and Keith handed over a few bucks.. I took some pic's that will last a life time of memories. I will see Keith at Vally Forge Expo and give him a copy of the pic's. And ask if he would sign one. Thanks Keith from me and my 5yr old /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifson. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JimS
01-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap. Very cool. I'll never forget when Stan Musial waved and smiled at me as he went into the dugout.

jjinfla
01-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Somehow it just seems too commercial to write to someone (or e-mail now) to ask for an autograph. That was done in the 50's and 60's. How will you ever know that Kieth really did sign it? Maybe his girfriend or Railbirdjam did. Or maybe it is a photocopy. That also was done in the 50's and 60's by baseball players. Of course I seriously doubt that that is the case in this instance.

To me the value of a signed article is obtaining it in person from the person. That way it has meaning and brings back fond memories. And of course it is harder to get that way because you have to go attend an event where they are at. And too I am not bothering them at home on their day off. But, to each his own I guess.

But then of course I did buy an Archer signed cueball from Mike on AZB and when Chris mentioned he was handling the sales of Allison Fisher signed cueballs for $15 each I did PM him to see about buying one but he must have run out of them because he never answered.

Oh well, such is life.

Jake
-25-

Wally_in_Cincy
01-05-2004, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr>...To me the value of a signed article is obtaining it in person from the person. That way it has meaning and brings back fond memories. And of course it is harder to get that way because you have to go attend an event where they are at.... <hr /></blockquote>

Sometimes it's hard to get an autograph at an event. People will corner the more popular players and talk their ears off. Finally the player has to excuse him/herself and go hide, leaving the other folks with no chance to even offer a brief greeting or compliment.

I tried to speak to Allison Fisher twice in Vegas last August but I might as well have been invisible.

That's been my experience anyway. I guess it depends on the size of the event.

hondo
01-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Jinfla, boooo; you're being too cynical.
I couldn't get my pm to work or I would have
had one. I have no doubt Keith was being sincere.
I thought it was a really nice gesture on his
part.

Kato
01-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Personally my brief run-in's with Keith at the US Open were far more important to me than any signed picture. I'm not an autograph seeker, I only have a few. For whatever reason I just thought this was really neat. All the times I hung out at Dolphin camp and talked to Shula and Marino and I don't have one autograph.

Heck, the first time I ever ran into Keith was at the 2002 US Open. He and I were the only 2 people in the elevator at 10 a.m. and I didn't even talk to him!!!!!!!!! Everyone that knows me can tell you I TALK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato

jjinfla
01-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Hondo, You misunderstood me. Of course Kieth was being genuine when he made the offer and I hope everyone accepts it that way. But the best thing he, or any pro can do for us is just post here, or on AZB, as he is doing. It gives us all a different perspective of what they have to go through.

But if you check the AZB website, and look at Keith's ask a pro thread, which is just below the link to the forums, and scroll through it you will see his picture. Then if you want, you can even print it out. Or you can put it to a CD or a floppy and take it to Walgreens and print it out there. I hear they have a pretty good setup for printing pictures.

I hope that everyone who asked for the picture will at least buy him a drink the next time you see him. Mailing out pictures to one or two people is no big deal but when the numbers get over 100 that can run into some serious time and money.

Jake
-25-

RedHell
01-06-2004, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mailing out pictures to one or two people is no big deal but when the numbers get over 100 that can run into some serious time and money <hr /></blockquote>

Well if everybody buys him a drink, mailing out over 100 pictures can run into some serious headache and hang over /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif