PDA

View Full Version : Jump Cues

curt
12-24-2003, 01:59 PM
I'd like to hear thoughts on jump cues. NOT break/jump cues but just jump cues. I'm looking to purchase one and have had no experience with any yet. pros & cons?, Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Cueless Joey
12-24-2003, 02:17 PM
Get the best. Air Time from Stealth.

Sid_Vicious
12-24-2003, 02:31 PM
My order of interest:

1. Jumpin James, it has a nifty groove in it near the joint which makes it very good for griping, and jumping. Con's is that it may cost you a hundred.

2. Lucasi, it costs $60 on-line and it's jumps super, I use one now

3. Bungee, it runs about $70 on line and jumps great too

4. Stealth, can't say what the on-line cost is, I personally had to change tips to the type on the Lucasi before I could get it to perform. Many people say they are the best though, just wasn't working for me.

**Check Ebay on each of these...sid

Iowashark
12-24-2003, 03:30 PM
bunjee, accept no alternatives.

Pros---gets you out of tight spots

Cons---can't think of any

keep in mind this is not a magic wand, it takes hours of practicing before this will get you out of tight spots.

JohnBarton
12-24-2003, 04:14 PM
I already answered you on AZ Billiards but for the benefit of everyone else I'll repeat it here.

Pros - you can jump as close as a chalk's width away or as far away as table length if your stroke and skill level will allow it. You will have a wider range of options when you step to the table. Your opponents will have a harder time playing effective safeties when they know you have a jump cue.

Cons - jump cues are not allowed in all tournaments and leagues. There is the chance that you may sacrifice your kicking game because of the ease of using the jump cue. You might be tempted to "overuse" it.

I like the jump cue because it gives you a wider range of options and tends to even out the poor and unintentional safeties. Ball in hand rules mean that the player who gets ball-in-hand ususally has a huge advantage. So unintentional safeties reward the outgoing player and the jump cue tends to equalize this a bit.

Reccomendations: First - the Bunjee Jumper because I developed it :-)) Seriously, the Bunjee has many imitators out there but few equals in performance. Many have tried over the years but very few have been able to equal the Bunjee's consistent performance in all jumping categories. Those categories are, control, "jumpability", comfort and consistentcy. The ones that have managed to approach the Bunjee are usually more expensive. And none offer a guarantee as comprehensive as Bunjee does. Gosh - after that pitch you'd think I still owned the company - I don't - go to http://www.cuevalue.com to find out more on the Bunjee or http://www.bunjeejump.com

Now, what ELSE do I reccommend: Good jump cues that come close to the Bunjee are the Airtime, the Jumpster, and Jumpin James.

Like I said above there are many copies of the Bunjee out there and many CLAIMS that those cues are "just as good" or "better than" the Bunjee but in reality they are not and have never beaten the Bunjee shot for shot in heads up competition. I used to offer a $500 to $100 challenge for anyone that bring a cue that could beat the Bunjee in ten shots and NO ONE ever got the cash.

So, good luck and I hope your jump cue choice is a Bunjee. Whatever you choose please remember that it is not a magic wand and will require practice to master effectively. You can find a tutorial at www.bunjeejump.com (http://www.bunjeejump.com) that will apply to all jumping and all jump cues.

Ralph S.
12-24-2003, 10:43 PM
No arguement there Joey. I will swear by them till the end of time.

UTAddb
12-24-2003, 11:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> My order of interest:

2. Lucasi, it costs $60 on-line and it's jumps super, I use one now

<hr /></blockquote>
Yes, the lucasi is awesome.

rukiddingme
12-25-2003, 01:17 AM
No doubt about it...the Stealth Air Time gets my vote.
ruk