PDA

View Full Version : You make the call.

Cueless Joey
12-26-2003, 01:27 AM
START(
%IH2Z1%Pr6W9%UI1X6%Vq3W9

)END
Shooter shoots this semi-tough 9.
He miscues badly and the cue ball goes to the right.
Opponent cries foul contending after shooter miscued being on the rail, it was impossible for him not to double hit the cb ( with ferrule hitting the ball on the second hit).

houstondan
12-29-2003, 06:47 PM
no foul. bca has fought over this for years. the jacksonville tapes clearly show that virtually all
miscues" are, in fact, double hits with the ferrule or shaft hitting the c.b. a second time but the rulemakers have clearly decided not to make it a callable foul.

dan

Rod
12-30-2003, 10:07 AM
Not all miscues are fouls so their not likely to e called. It appears by the wei the c/b doesn't even hit the 9. I'd say that is a foul. LOL
who's this dan feller? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod

tateuts
12-30-2003, 11:44 AM
Joey,

Is this a trick question? I have no idea if the ferrule hit the cue ball, but to me it doesn't matter.

In all my years of playing pool, I've have never called a miscue itself a foul on my opponent, and I've never had one called on me. Of course, the results of a miscue - like jumping the ball off the table, not hitting the object ball or sending a ball to the rail, are fouls, but I've never called the act of miscuing a foul.

I think the circumstances are that severe miscues very often result in ball in hand anyway. I don't think miscues should be a ball in hand foul in and of themselves.

Chris