PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Want 2 Go 2 Times Square On New Years Eve?

TomBrooklyn
12-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Anybody want to go to Manhatten on News Year Eve? The tentative plan is to get something to eat and/or drink, watch the
ball drop in Times Square, watch the fireworks and mosey on over to the finish line of the annual foot race in Central Park, then shoot some pool if there is any energy left.

Contact me via PM if interested.

TomBk

nAz
12-29-2003, 03:44 AM
i may go depends on a friend of mine he works for the NSA and may be abble to score some primo viewing spots for us at a 11pm. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hate to wait a long time in the crowd for a good spot you know having to run to the bathroom to piss away $50 in drinks and then losing the good spot arghhhh! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TomBrooklyn
12-29-2003, 08:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> i may go depends on a friend of mine he works for the NSA and may be abble to score some primo viewing spots for us at a 11pm. <hr /></blockquote>Good. I have a Top Secret Clearance. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>I hate to wait a long time in the crowd for a good spot <hr /></blockquote>So do I. I usually go after 11:00 as I don't like to wait a long time. Normally, I wind up way far back, but it's still good and your closer to the fireworks that go off in Central Park which is neat.

Another thing I've done is, although the streets get closed block by block as Broadway and 7th Avenue fill up, the local constabulary will let you go down the block if you are going to a bar or restaurant. When you walk out the place, say on 44th St, instead of going back to 6th Ave and up to the end of the crowd, you walk down to Broadway and they let you in on that corner. They always leave spaces in the crowd at the intersections.

Temps are expected to be in the mid 30s! Very balmy for NYE...practically like summer. =TomBk