PDA

View Full Version : Olio Tables?

datplayer
12-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Any info about these tables? I've seen a few, look great and very simular to Brunswick GC. I know a pool hall in south Georgia that's filled with them, but I've never played on one. Just curious if anyone knows about the quality and price.

JimS
12-28-2003, 09:16 PM
I checked into them a few years back when I was table shopping and if I remember correctly they were pretty reasonable. Seems like they are affiliated with Pinnacle tables?? Have you tried doing a google search? I think that's how I got more info.

Ralph S.
12-28-2003, 11:13 PM
I have never heard of them until now. I wonder how they play.

Sid_Vicious
12-29-2003, 02:05 AM
Frankly I'm not impressed with these tables. They seem "too japanese" to me...sid

Scott Lee
12-29-2003, 09:56 AM
sid...Olio tables are excellent quality tables, manufactured in Germany, not Japan. Their prices are similar to other quality tables...around $5,000 for 9' professional style tables.

Scott Lee

Sid_Vicious
12-29-2003, 10:08 AM
Maybe I just got a less than good table when I played at Pugsley's, but I left without being all that impressed with that one experience. Diamonds and Crowns still get my vote...sid

JimS
12-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Yep....for $5k I'd prefer a Diamond.

SRpool
12-29-2003, 05:52 PM
A pool room here in northern Illinois has these tables. They are the shiny black with chrome pockets. They are much cheaper than $5000. I think the room owner bought them for something like $2500 or less, but he did buy 20 of them. I myself don't like the way they play. But it could be the the person who worked on the table and not the table itself. The pockets were a little funny. The balls just will not go in if you hit them hard down the rail. And also the rails weren't very true. But they look very nice and seemed to be affordable. Plus, this is just my opinion of one place with these tables. Others may be different.

Sarah

Vagabond
12-29-2003, 07:59 PM
Howdy folks,
They are made in Taiwan.One time endorsed by my buddy Mike Massey.I played on them when I lived for few months in Auckland, Newzealand.I liked them.Cheers
vagabond

Brent
12-30-2003, 08:12 AM
I also think they are made in taiwan because its written on them /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
12-30-2003, 11:32 AM
"The pockets were a little funny.....And also the rails weren't very true. But they look very nice and seemed to be affordable. Plus, this is just my opinion of one place with these tables"

I only played that one time several years back, and I too remember the pockets being funny. My sample size for trying this table is only the one time though, they simply did not even begin to "blow my dress up" ;-) sid

Rod
12-30-2003, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they simply did not even begin to "blow my dress up" ;-) sid <hr /></blockquote>

Well Sid, you got to quit wearing those tight skirts! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cueless Joey
12-30-2003, 11:47 AM
http://business.com.tw/home/e0044065/home.htm
Yup.

datplayer
12-30-2003, 03:19 PM
Thanks everyone for the opinions and info. I also did a slight search on google and one site said that these Olio tables were used in the World Championships. Anyway, just thought I'd add that on.

http://www.billazzo.com/index.html?billiardtables_and_more.htm

Sid_Vicious
12-30-2003, 03:48 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if the commercial grade Olio tables might be less of a table, and I will also add that I played on 8s, not the 9-footer...sid

Cueless Joey
12-30-2003, 03:53 PM
I don't want to sound like a flag waiver but I wouldn't support imported knockoffs.